How bad is the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

How bad is the ACC?

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
There are more ranked teams in the state of Kentucky than there are in the entire ACC.

Nope
Okey dokey then ... I guess the ACC has only 2 ranked. But I betcha they get aat least 4 in the NCAA's ... including VT this time (I hope)

I count Syracuse and Pitt. If the Big East doesn't want to count us now in their little weekly press releases, and we don't vote on Big East matters anymore, and we will be attending the ACC basketball scheduling meetings in January, and we don't want to be part of the shitty Big East, then I don't count us as part of that shitshow of a conference.

Three of the top-6 from the ACC.

I count Syracuse and Pitt. If the Big East doesn't want to count us now in their little weekly press releases, and we don't vote on Big East matters anymore, and we will be attending the ACC basketball scheduling meetings in January, and we don't want to be part of the shitty Big East, then I don't count us as part of that shitshow of a conference.

Now we're talking here!!

This post officially makes us an ACC member in my mind! Well done.

I think the perfect example of the ACC was the 2010 tournament. Duke was the #1 seed, and played Virginia, Miami, and Ga Tech to win it. We were the #1 seed in our conf tourn, and lost to Gtown in the quarters.

Okey dokey then ... I guess the ACC has only 2 ranked. But I betcha they get aat least 4 in the NCAA's ... including VT this time (I hope)

Vtech is out unless they finish top 4 of the conference. They did nothing (again) in the pre conference to warrant a bid. They better hope they finish top 4 or its hearybreak city again for old Sethie boy.

I was checking out one of the Va Tech message boards before we played them. They were whining about how the committee changes their criteria every year to screw Va Tech out of a bid. LOL'd.

I was checking out one of the Va Tech message boards before we played them. They were whining about how the committee changes their criteria every year to screw Va Tech out of a bid. LOL'd.

The thing is that I actually like Seth Davis. Seems like a nice guy (insert Tommy Boy voice here). They need to start scheduling like Long Beach State who by all accounts have locked up a bid based on who they beat and who they played tough. Perception is reality unfortunately when it comes to an NCAA bubble bid team.

The thing is that I actually like Seth Davis. Seems like a nice guy (insert Tommy Boy voice here). They need to start scheduling like Long Beach State who by all accounts have locked up a bid based on who they beat and who they played tough. Perception is reality unfortunately when it comes to an NCAA bubble bid team.

Great scheduling by them. Long Beach's coach knew he had a quality veteran team and needed insurance in case they don't win the Big West tourney title, so he had to play those brutal road games to bump up the RPI. Beating Pitt and hanging with UNC and KU should be enough unless they crap the bed in conference. They still have a home game vs. Xavier

The awesomest part of all of this is that BC's Sagarin rating was 300 (before their win over Stony Brook). If they continue at that pace they'll be the lowest ranked BCS conference team I can think of, ever. They are playing 9 guys who have never played college hoops before; how does a major college get in that position?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom