how bad is the big ten | Syracusefan.com

how bad is the big ten

orangehomer

All American
holy crap, let me just take a step back here. rasheed sulaimon is a starter for the #2 team in the country. wait a second, let's digest that. rasheed sulaimon is starting for Maryland. sulaimon is bad, like not good, inherent loser type of bad. Maryland is not the second best team in the country, in fact they are melo trimble and a bunch of stiffs. the next best player in the big ten is the uthoff kid from iowa who I actually really like as a player. but let's be honest here. he is a good college player but would get swallowed up in the acc. big ten basketball is a joke and it is only getting worse. for crissakes Michigan is 8-4 or something.

Michigan State and Iowa are NC contenders. Maryland has a lot of talent but just seems to be good on paper but not as good on the court. Purdue is legit sweet 16 team.
Indiana/Michigan/Wisconsin are tourney teams. Ohio State is down this year.

Illinois/Northwestern/Nebraska/Penn State/Rutgers/Minnesota are garbage though.

The conference isn't as good as the ACC/Big XII this year but they are 3rd IMO.

holy crap, let me just take a step back here. rasheed sulaimon is a starter for the #2 team in the country. wait a second, let's digest that. rasheed sulaimon is starting for Maryland. sulaimon is bad, like not good, inherent loser type of bad. Maryland is not the second best team in the country, in fact they are melo trimble and a bunch of stiffs. the next best player in the big ten is the uthoff kid from iowa who I actually really like as a player. but let's be honest here. he is a good college player but would get swallowed up in the acc. big ten basketball is a joke and it is only getting worse. for crissakes Michigan is 8-4 or something.

1. As a freshmean and sophomore (2 and 3 years ago), on top 10 teams in the country Sulaimon:
- Averaged about 28 minutes
- Averaged double digits each year.

I wouldn't exactly call him bad. Maybe a bad person, but certainly not bad starter.

2. Denzel Valentine is an All-American, and was the early season leader for POY... now overtaken by Hield. And AJ Hammons is a pretty good interior player as well.

I think Alsacs did a good job of where the Big10 stands.

Last edited:
Purdue can ball too. Another gem from the OP. :crazy:

Okay, Sulaiomon isn't that bad. Kid shoots almost 50% from three - rebounds okay. Play a little reckless, but would start for most programs in the country.

He's probably spent 90% of his time over 4 years playing significant minutes (starting) for teams in the top 5. Probably 95% top 10 ranked.

That being said, don't like him.

Id kill for Soulaimon to be on our team. He may be a dolt but he is a helluva scorer

He's decent on defense as well - and he looks like he has a 9 foot wingspan.

That team seems to have all the right parts - but even with the #2 ranking I'm always underwhelmed while watching them. They seem to pull out most games, but they seem inconsistent enough where I would suprirsed if they made a deep run.

They have the talent though, so with the right match-ups, and if they can play with good effort for 40 minutes, I could see them making the F4.

So bad that Michigan State is eighth.

Yeah, someone pointed that out the other day - it is kind of incredible to be Top 10, and 8th in your conference.

The OP does know that Sulaimon played two years at duke before coming to Maryland right?

Yeah, someone pointed that out the other day - it is kind of incredible to be Top 10, and 8th in your conference.
If Michigan State had 12 losses they would still be ranked in the top 25. It's the Izzo halo effect from so much winning in March.

So glad we landed in the ACC, but I think Pitt is perfectly suited for the B1G.

True dat. I was pleased with the ACC move because it meant we were getting away from thug ball. I was really disappointed Pitt came on the same ticket.

Id kill for Soulaimon to be on our team. He may be a dolt but he is a helluva scorer

We had one of those situations with Devo. I didn't like that too much.

Purdue can ball too. Another gem from the OP. :crazy:
purdue? are you freaking kidding me? they beat pitt and horrible florida. wow. go look at the bottom half of the big ten. bc and wake forest would have like 4 or 5 wins in that league. nc state is 3-9 in the acc, they are more talented than at least half the teams in the big ten.

also, whats up with the "another gem" comment?

Michigan St. will also be one of the elite 8 in March like always
:) Isn't this a thing that every one says we should do?
Schedule tough. Don't worry about early losses. Lose 12 or so games...
It's ok, SOS!

Edit- upon further review, I have no idea why I tacked this reply onto Kirbivore's post.
Something about Mich. St. gets me all riled up.

Last edited:
If Iowa would have lost to Minnesotta at home then the OP would have looked decently smart. But they didn't, and BC did have a close nail biter with North Carolina just the other day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom