How great was out last td drive? | Syracusefan.com

How great was out last td drive?

OrangeFoo

All American
We were up 7 with less than 5 minutes left and we had the ball on the 5 yard line. I'll admit the meathead in me said "okay, let's run it into the pile 3 times, run as much clock as possible and pray the d can keep them out of the endzone after the punt". This is exactly what every coach we have had in the last 15 years would have done. I don't remember what the first play of the drive was but when Dungey ran a designed sneak into the pile on second I thought Dino was going conservative and by the way I not only was cool with it, it never occurred to me to do anything else. Then on 3rd deep pass to AET and my meathead mind was blown. My next meathead thought was okay now we flipped the field, let's play it safe and run into the pile 3 times and run clock. Next play another deep pass to AET and mind blown again. And we didn't take our foot off the pedal after that. That drive was so paradigm shifting for me words just failed me... I think I started giggling at some point during that drive. It's so refreshing to have a coach who knows when to go for it and kill the game and not to try to white knuckle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom