How many high school kids are now considering | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How many high school kids are now considering

I guess this is a subjective thing...but a "blueblood" to me has success spanning multiple decades and multiple coaches. To me, there are only like four or five "real" blueblood programs.
How about multiple decades under a single coach. Sort of like Kentucky/Rupp and UCLA/Wooden.

Syracuse after the final four run. This is a answer to the ridiculous question of whether the final four run was worth it. Who knows, maybe mali came here because of the final four run in '13.
The difference in losing in the final 4 and losing in the elite 8 will probably net us the next carmelo, anthony davis and jahlil okafor.

It never hurts. Especially when opposing recruiters could start using the "their coach is old and doesn't have it any more" kinda stuff. Gotta remember, when JB talks these day like he's staying forever, its partially to help Hop. IMHO, there 's no way he coaches beyond what has been publicly stated. Coyle and Syverud aren't Nancy and Daryl. They don't throw out "suggestions" - they give directives.

IMHO, but team that is really going to attract recruits because of a FF run is the woman's team. That style is very attractive to players...combine it with success. I think they are on the verge of being an every year player in women's hoops.
I agree about the possible effect on the women's program. Their blueprint, if not unique, is at least unusual, and, as you said, attractive to recruits.

And more people have seen them play in the past 10 days than probably in the entire history of the program. The women's tournament has averaged 238K per game. The highest rated individual game? SU vs Tennessee in the Elite 8--1.38M, or 5 times the average. That's a lot of little girl eyeballs watching the SU squad.

Would've been more helpful if Nova didn't win the title with a faster style and prettier offense. It's still going to be harder for us as our style doesn't appeal to everyone and we go after a certain type of player.

Would've been more helpful if Nova didn't win the title with a faster style and prettier offense. It's still going to be harder for us as our style doesn't appeal to everyone and we go after a certain type of player.
Our style is fine, it's our offensive skill that has been lacking the past three years.

Lydon and Battle need to step up as go to players. Team needs to average 75+ ppg next year.

Our style is fine, it's our offensive skill that has been lacking the past three years.

Lydon and Battle need to step up as go to players. Team needs to average 75+ ppg next year.

To average 75 next year would mean that we would need one of the top 5 offences in the country. Or that our D turned downright horrible. The biggest reason for our low scoring games is our good defense. Teams take a long time to score against good D and that's especially true against the zone. Unless we start to press like Louisville to speed up the game, we're gonna be in low scoring slugfests. I don't think that anyone thinks that Villanova is a slow it down team, but they ranked #294 in tempo this year out of 351 teams. Why? Because teams took forever to shoot against their stellar D. Virginia had a top 10 offense in the country this year, and played at the second slowest pace--in large part because of their D.

Not every kid wants to play in a zone though...And our offense isn't exactly a fast moving, high octane one that can get anyone a good shot. It's a lot of isolation, pick and rolls and 3's off of screens. For some, that's appealing, but I'm guessing not everyone would like that...

Why is Indiana considered a blue blood program?

Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA, even Duke I get. But Indiana? Their final four count is like half what the other guys are.
Your "blue blood" programs are like decedents of those who came over on the Mayflower or the DOR. Nice but irrelevant now. I mean just what has UCLA done lately (25 yrs) to warrant acknowledgment like this. Is previous to that relevant to today's players? Kansas has been to 6 FF in 25 years. SU has been to 4. Both have 1 championship. So does that make Kansas a "blue blood" but not SU. I'm not campaigning for SU to be considered, I just question your list. In today's world, Kentucky and Duke are on top, then there is another level like UNC, Kansas and maybe Michigan and a couple of others. Then a third level where SU is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom