Hulu and another cord cutting option | Syracusefan.com

Hulu and another cord cutting option

HtownOrange

Living Legend
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/0...ll-cable-and-broadcast-channel-streaming.html

It will cost about $40 but may be worth it to some.

Hulu wants to offer what is known as a “skinny bundle” of broadcast and cable channels — in particular those operated by 21st Century Fox, the Walt Disney Company and Comcast’s NBCUniversal. Those three media companies co-own Hulu

With ESPN (Disney) and Fox, the sports may be enough for the money, assuming it includes all or most of the sports channels under both families. ND fans would be covered, too!

It will be interesting to watch. Sling TV beat everyone to the live TV streaming game. Have they gotten a strong enough head start? Will the non-profitable parts of the Dish company prevent Sling TV from succeeding?

Want to confirm that Sling TV does have the YES Network and the games aren't blacked out for those of us that live in CNY and have had to suffer with Time Warner. Halleujah! I'll gladly give Sling $20 a month for 30 channels

if you just look a little bit, you can find everything for free

c'mon kids, its the internet

Shark58 said:
if you just look a little bit, you can find everything for free c'mon kids, its the internet

Some of us prefer not to have our digital devices loaded with viruses and our bank accounts monitored by the Russian mob.

If you get Sling with YES you give up ESPN, because YES comes with the Fox package

If you get Sling with YES you give up ESPN, because YES comes with the Fox package
I'm fine with until the end of the regular baseball season. I'll switch it over to ESPN by October.

Some of us prefer not to have our digital devices loaded with viruses and our bank accounts monitored by the Russian mob.

or you could just be a little smarter about what you click

This package for ~$40, along with an internet connection would essentially be equivalent to what someone typically pays for the cable/internet or cable/internet/phone packages.

Just say that you're paying $50 for cable, then you're going to add a ~$40 Hulu package? It'd basically be the same price as getting an all in one package.

Some things to consider: I guess people pay extra for individual cable boxes, so that bumps the price up abit. Plus, once most peoples' promotional offer expires, they usually keep their service and just pay a lot of extra money. I think this has been discussed here, but if anyone is really unhappy with their bill, just call DirecTV, TWC, or Verizon. Tell them that it is absolutely outrageous that as a loyal customer for xx years I pay more money than a new customer does. They'll lower your bill by a considerable amount.

It will be interesting to watch. Sling TV beat everyone to the live TV streaming game. Have they gotten a strong enough head start? Will the non-profitable parts of the Dish company prevent Sling TV from succeeding?

I cut cable and tried to watch SU basketball on Sling TV last winter. The service was awful. More often than not, it wouldn't work on my computers and I was forced to watch a poor, constantly delaying feed on my iPhone. Sling TV is a great idea in theory, but its service needs to be much better.

Conrad13 said:
I cut cable and tried to watch SU basketball on Sling TV last winter. The service was awful. More often than not, it wouldn't work on my computers and I was forced to watch a poor, constantly delaying feed on my iPhone. Sling TV is a great idea in theory, but its service needs to be much better.

I've had the exact opposite with Sling. It's been very good and has dropped me mid game once.

That sounds more like an internet than a Sling Problem. In theory in Upstate NY Time Warner will be updating their lines in July so if you have the fastest internet you should go somewhere from 30 MB to over 100 and that should make that problem more or less moot...assuming they follow through on doing this. I have been streaming the NBA playoffs and the NCAA Tournament and have had very few problems.

That sounds more like an internet than a Sling Problem. In theory in Upstate NY Time Warner will be updating their lines in July so if you have the fastest internet you should go somewhere from 30 MB to over 100 and that should make that problem more or less moot...assuming they follow through on doing this. I have been streaming the NBA playoffs and the NCAA Tournament and have had very few problems.

I'm not sure. I have Apple TV and Netflix and can stream movies and do pretty much everything else I want to. If it's an internet problem SlingTV must require some really fast internet. When I checked around online I found a wide range of experiences with SlingTV. Some people were like you and loved it, but there were lots of frustrated customers too.