Hurley | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

Come back (close to home if I recall) .
A proven excellent coach, and he's doing great in no time at Xavier. You would expect the jump from Xavier to Syracuse to be attractive. But I’m guessing his baggage will be too much to overcome.

Hey Donovan, you want to come somewhere where you’ll play 35 minutes per game and be a star without having to worry about the zany coach….allllll in the videos…screaming….come to Syracuse.

th

Weren’t there always a bunch of posters here who said JB pissed off the NCAA suits? Which is why we got hit unreasonably hard? And with “sanctions” being the common refrain when excusing our downward trend lines, I mean… is it an ‘extension’ to suggest JB put us “in position to lose?”

:rolleyes:
It may not make friends and influence people, but occasionally someone needs to point out that the emperor has no clothes. And our man JB has never been shy about doing that.

What got me watching UConn was how trashy they were at the end of the game when they couldn’t win.
They kept fouling. Calling timeouts down 10+ and their best player couldn’t keep his mouth shut and got a technical in the last 10 seconds.
It’s very trashy. Hurley doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt anymore and he shouldn’t from refs.

What got me watching UConn was how trashy they were at the end of the game when they couldn’t win.
They kept fouling. Calling timeouts down 10+ and their best player couldn’t keep his mouth shut and got a technical in the last 10 seconds.
It’s very trashy. Hurley doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt anymore and he shouldn’t from refs.
Those cow field people go for that kind of stuff. They think it’s “tough”.

UConn has been on the receiving end of large foul discrepancies for the last month or so. To me it looks like the BigEast is trying to get more teams in the NCAAT.

UConn has been on the receiving end of large foul discrepancies for the last month or so. To me it looks like the BigEast is trying to get more teams in the NCAAT.

Lol. No. Watch them play. Fouling every possession is how they play. It's how Hurleys URI teams played too. Nothing new. Those URI teams racked up fouls just the same.

Hurley is not going to get the benefit of the doubt. His actions now and in the past are costing his team. They’ve lost their swagger. They need a point guard to run things.

Hurley is not going to get the benefit of the doubt. His actions now and in the past are costing his team. They’ve lost their swagger. They need a point guard to run things.

In the off-season Newtown and Diarra seemed a stretch to be good replacements to run the team. The hot shooting early season and in general paired with a lot going uncalled had them rolling. Regressing to the mean and now lacking a PG has them reeling. Also lack of PG play means early tourney exit.

Serious question - how did Pitino's Louisville teams get away with it?

It's about defensive technique. This goes back to John Thompson and Jerry Tarkanian, before Pitino, but there are a couple things you do and you tend to avoid foul calls:

(1) when you get in close to the offensive player, bend your knees into the defender, hold your hands high, but get in close. This creates mis-dribbles and turnovers, sometimes even charging calls, if the offensive player pushes you off to create space for his dribble; and

(2) when you are in close to the offensive player, always swipe down, not across. And don't reach, and, finally:

(3) in modern times, a lot of offensive players on the wing buy a foul by sweeping their arms with the ball in the hands into the defender to create contact and get the foul call. This is easier to do if the defender is playing with arms out, or arms 3/4 high. If the defender keeps their arms lower when defending a guy on the wing, you're far less likely to give up a cheap foul to a guy's arm swing.

That's how people get away with "physical" man to man defense,

Last edited:
UConn piling up the Ls. Foul happy and lacking innovation at home vs SJU. Down 82-70 with a min left.

Players playing with a major lack of discipline just like Danny. First round NCAA loss coming.. book it.

There was a recent article on ESPN.com. I think they were still undefeated. And it was quoting 2 or 3 anonymous refs who were saying that they had had quite enough of his shenanigans, acting out on the sidelines. I would not be surprised if word is getting around the "referee's union" to get this loudmouth back in line.

There was a recent article on ESPN.com. I think they were still undefeated. And it was quoting 2 or 3 anonymous refs who were saying that they had had quite enough of his shenanigans, acting out on the sidelines. I would not be surprised if word is getting around the "referee's union" to get this loudmouth back in line.

Yep someone here posted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom