Hypothetical | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical

I don't think his family wanted the RS anyhow
Yup. The infamous thread earlier in the year proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his family was definitely ok with burning the redshirt.

If I was a QB and sat out most of the 2017 season, and I'm told that I'm going to sit out all of 2018 as well, I'd be transferring and playing for someone else in 2018.
But your argument assumes that Devito wasn’t aware when he signed that he was joining a team who had a very good sophomore starting QB at the time? He always knew that 2018 would be Eric’s senior year and Eric’s to start barring an unforeseen circumstance.

For sake of argument, let’s say Eric doesn’t get injured next year (a huge assumption I know). Is garbage time against 1-2 teams in 2018 more important than starting the last 3 in 2017 with a feasible opportunity to get this program to a bowl?

Not to mention, it’s a “play it by year” in 2018. If he’s needed in week 3 because of another injury, you reevaluate. If Eric survives the whole season and Tommy can’t get garbage time in a couple of 2018 games, I think it’s worth it. (Assumming he’s ready)

If I was a QB and sat out most of the 2017 season, and I'm told that I'm going to sit out all of 2018 as well, I'd be transferring and playing for someone else in 2018.
Umm... He'd have to sit out a year, anywhere but Cuse. (Transfer rule)

Throwing away a year of td's eligibility, at this point, is short sighted, and ludicrous, imo.

Umm... He'd have to sit out a year, anywhere but Cuse. (Transfer rule)

Throwing away a year of td's eligibility, at this point, is short sighted, and ludicrous, imo.

Not if he went to an FCS school.

But your argument assumes that Devito wasn’t aware when he signed that he was joining a team who had a very good sophomore starting QB at the time? He always knew that 2018 would be Eric’s senior year and Eric’s to start barring an unforeseen circumstance.

For sake of argument, let’s say Eric doesn’t get injured next year (a huge assumption I know). Is garbage time against 1-2 teams in 2018 more important than starting the last 3 in 2017 with a feasible opportunity to get this program to a bowl?

Not to mention, it’s a “play it by year” in 2018. If he’s needed in week 3 because of another injury, you reevaluate. If Eric survives the whole season and Tommy can’t get garbage time in a couple of 2018 games, I think it’s worth it. (Assumming he’s ready)

Who says that he would only get garbage time reps in 2018?

After three years of taking a beating, there's no reason why Dino can't manage Dungey's reps and allow Devito to get a few series in every game.

TD transferring to an FCS.. hah.

I do agree with you, that TD may split some reps... And I'll add, 2019 is going to be a great year, even better than 2018. And 2018 Is going to be a damn good year.

The odds that TD is ready to step in at this point are very low. How many reps can he possibly have had?

Not better than Officer at this point.

TD is the future not the present.

Keep his shirt
Next year he will be able to get some reps in when we are blowing out teams
I can't image he would be to happy to play a game and then have to shirt year 2

After three years of taking a beating, there's no reason why Dino can't manage Dungey's reps and allow Devito to get a few series in every game.
Respectfully disagree. What does that say to your 4th year starting QB who in my opinion has given more in the last 3 years than most ever will that he has to give up series to a redshirt freshman QB?

You think Devito will be mad redshirting next year, would hate to see how Dungey reacts.

If I was Dungey, I would transfer if I was told I was only getting 80% of reps so that my freshman protege can get his feet wet.

Put Devito in the best scenario to win games. I'd rather see them wait until next year so we have a legit backup in the event Dungey goes down. He'll be bigger, stronger, and know the system better. Let him come in for mop up duty (yes, there will be mop up opportunities next year). Then, come r.s. soph. year, he'll have more weapons to play with, and what should be a very experienced, and much more talented offensive line, to protect him, and also take the pressure off him with what should be by then a much more capable running game.

I disagree. I can't remember how many times I've seen a team with 2 good qb's, and they try to work them both in, and it ends up just ruining any game rhythm either QB has.
Then again you do have nearly 70,000 posts, so what the hell do I know.

No, you'd be transferring and sitting out until 2019

No way.

If he’s that good, would you rather see devito in the Poolan Weedeater bowl this year or a New Years Bowl when he’s a RS Senior?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom