I’m calling bulldinky. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m calling bulldinky.

That, the first pass interference on us and the no call when Alford was held more on the same sideline were all atrocious. The rest debatable. But those three alone were impactful. And the acting job by klutnick on the nudge by wax was insane.

Yeah - Dabo is like K - he teaches his kids to really sell calls. And he gets them and it matters.

I absolutely hate it in all sports, but it is what it is.

Listen, just back from the game, will watch the replay, but being there, they sure set the tone in a negative way if the calls were indeed as bad as perceived in the Dome.

If negatively sets the early tone, which affects the short term, which in turn, affects long-term. End of story, if we score on the first series, it’s off to the races. If I am wrong after a rewatch, I’ll come back after a rewatch and apologize

From where I sit, that hit on Shrader should have been targeting.

But I sit a long way away, and I'm biased.

What I'd like to know is why the replay official didn't request a replay on that play (or the Alford catch in the 1st half). At a minimum, both seemed close enough for a second look.

IDK if they have an eye in the sky that say play on...doubt it...

What I'd like to know is why the replay official didn't request a replay on that play (or the Alford catch in the 1st half). At a minimum, both seemed close enough for a second look.
They should have looked at both but I don’t think either would have been overturned. The pass by Klubnick went forward by a half yard.

Alford did a great job of getting a foot down but it looked like he was bobbling the ball and by the time he secured the catch he was out of bounds. ABC showed the replay once, maybe twice so it was hard to tell it that’s what it looked like to me.

Yeah I know.

Looking at that play do you think it gets overturned?
The Alford catch? Yes.

The backwards pass? To me, it was too close to tell, so the ruling on the field likely stands, which makes me ask... why didn't they immediately whistle the play dead on the field? They let the play go, after Syracuse scoops and scores, they announce that it was an incomplete pass.

On the targeting play, Shrader should have stayed down, been helped off the field, and acted like he wasn't going to be able to come back in. Would have made them less likely to overturn the targeting call if they thought he was injured on the play.

On the targeting play, Shrader should have stayed down, been helped off the field, and acted like he wasn't going to be able to come back in. Would have made them less likely to overturn the targeting call if they thought he was injured on the play.
Yep, but the kid is too tough for his own good, in the zero surprise category, he’s being evaluated for a concussion is the word I’m hearing. The early hit negatively affecting him the entire game, more than running and throwing

174860BD-F2FC-4F4A-89CA-EE40802EF3D7.jpg

This isn't a backwards pass. We give up a timeout saying it is. (I think)
looks like he releases it from the 43 and it lands at the 43 and a half from that angle.
but yes it should have been reviewed.

Last edited:
I thought the refs were great, personally. The use of the replay reviews, consistent application of DPI/defensive holding - just really, really well done by all.
I think your online activity should be closely monitored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom