Sweet 16 team overall budgets $$$$ | Syracusefan.com

Sweet 16 team overall budgets $$$$

Cstate

Scout Team
I’m not sure what our budget is, I’m assuming in the NC State/Clemson range, but some of these are LARGE!
IMG_3114.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are operating budgets. It does not include NIL.
Correct. I don’t think NIL budgets for each team will ever become public knowledge. But that is certainly a question for down the road.

so wait I thought ucon was like broke as a school - is theirs coming from boosters/donors etc?

The secret of UConn's success has always been to spend a ton on basketball. Their athletic department might be broke but the school certainly isn't and they value basketball as much or more than any other school.

UConn made the choice that they don't care if every other sport goes down in flames so long as basketball gets what it needs. It got them a championship, and is a strategy I can appreciate, so long as they are good with the fact that one day the power conferences (however many that ends up being) are probably going to close the door on everyone else and UConn has pretty much assured that they are going to be on the outside if that happens.

This may as well be in monopoly money. Private schools don't have to report and all schools engage in accounting shenanigans.

Accounting in general is a whole lot of shenanigans even if you are maintaining an accurate bottom line. EBITDA, gross sales, gross profit are all good metrics but the stuff that gets you there varies greatly from organization to organization.

I’m not sure what our budget is, I’m assuming in the NC State/Clemson range, but some of these are LARGE!View attachment 239110

I would assume we are not near the bottom of that list. We might not be at the top either, but Syracuse basketball rakes in dough even when we suck.

In terms of dollars, SU basketball is at the table with the big boys.

The secret of UConn's success has always been to spend a ton on basketball. Their athletic department might be broke but the school certainly isn't and they value basketball as much or more than any other school.

UConn made the choice that they don't care if every other sport goes down in flames so long as basketball gets what it needs. It got them a championship, and is a strategy I can appreciate, so long as they are good with the fact that one day the power conferences (however many that ends up being) are probably going to close the door on everyone else and UConn has pretty much assured that they are going to be on the outside if that happens.
I think they may join the ACC or we may go Big ESt with A BE football also division.

I’m not sure what our budget is, I’m assuming in the NC State/Clemson range, but some of these are LARGE!View attachment 239110
Our basketball budget is comparable to the top teams on this list. I think it's higher than all but Duke's and I guess UConn now. Similar to Carolina. Though it's probably gone down in the past 3-4 years as attendance has dropped.

It would be a joke if we’re closer to Clemson than Uconn on this list

I think basketball success really helps with their admission opportunities

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom