I am hearing BC is gone... | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing BC is gone...

Cool ... drop the two worst programs from the conference in one fell swoop ... saweet!

BC booster folks.

Like everything else, it's TV sets. Locks them up for Big Ten.

Since Mass and NJ aren't contiguous states, I guess that means Army is #16.

Oh for fuc.ks sake. I didn't know being a bottom feeder was a prerequisite to joining a top flight conference?

Why in the hell didn't we just sign Greg Robinson to a long term contract? We would've been in the damn SEC by now.

BC has been gone for the last 20 years. BC Football is less popular than their hockey team in the greater Boston area. Once again, it's a PRO TOWN. People in Bahston only care about The Pats, The Sox, and the Bruins, in that order.

Tell me you're kidding. Massachusetts isn't even a contiguous state to any of the BiG states.

But it could be.

BC has been gone for the last 20 years. BC Football is less popular than their hockey team in the greater Boston area. Once again, it's a PRO TOWN. People in Bahston only care about The Pats, The Sox, and the Bruins, in that order.

Tell me you're kidding. Massachusetts isn't even a contiguous state to any of the BiG states.

But it could be.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Don't buy it, but question for a math/scheduling nerd. How hard would it be to run scheduling at 15 schools?

And related to a pro sports town mattered with Rutgers, or when the ACC decided to go with BC way back when?

Don't buy it, but question for a math/scheduling nerd. How hard would it be to run scheduling at 15 schools?

Every Saturday is Rutgers' turn in the barrell.

Obviously there is a 16th out there, My booster friends just don't know who.

Obviously there is a 16th out there, My booster friends just don't know who.

Well if it has to be in a contiguous state, that means that there has to be a NY team. Unless the B1G is throwing that out the window.

BC gone to me screams BC #15 and ND #16, which would actually be kind of a good thing as it would mean keeping the UNC/UVA block intact, replace BC with UCONN, UMD with UL...damage? yes, but not terrible

But it could be.

The only obvious choices are SU and UConn, and Conn is not contiguous either, not unless they plan to annex Manhattan, Yonkers and White Plains from NY.

Well if it has to be in a contiguous state, that means that there has to be a NY team. Unless the B1G is throwing that out the window.

That would be correct. It's justified in that Rutgers is the NYC team, for which Boston is the next contiguous big market...

If true, it reduces the prospect of a NC/Va departure package.

BC gone to me screams BC #15 and ND #16, which would actually be kind of a good thing as it would mean keeping the UNC/UVA block intact, replace BC with UCONN, UMD with UL...damage? yes, but not terrible

That would make sense, but still, I just don't see ND grovelling and going back to Delaney and saying "Please let us in.". Not all of the bad blood between the Big Ten and ND was ND's fault. ND was screwed by the Big Ten too. I just don't see them going.

Unfortunately, it think it could be UConn. Contiguousness be damned.

That would be correct. It's justified in that Rutgers is the NYC team, for which Boston is the next contiguous big market...

But RU is in Jersey!!! And they aren't even right across the river from the city. Piscataway is a good 30-40 miles from the GW bridge. They are a NJ team.

That settles it. Cantor needs to move the university to Manhattan. That's our only play.

If its BC, is ND far behind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom