I am proud of this team this season but only Ennis, Fair, Christmas showed up tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am proud of this team this season but only Ennis, Fair, Christmas showed up tonight

Eh, sort of. He had around 8 boards 10 minutes into the game. Finished with 11. A good showing, but he wasn't really owning the boards most of the night.
I can't figure out what rak was doing out there on the def end.

CJ had perhaps his worst game of the season tonight. The 7 for 23 looks better than it actually was.

If people honestly are fighting the statement that C.J. Fair showed up tonight I ask the moderators to ban me please. This kid may have missed shots and not played his best game of the season, but he had over 20 and 10. Goodness gracious I didn't say he played perfectly, but I can remember plays made by Fair. This team didn't play well, but Fair and Ennis showed up. Rak missed that bunny, but the kid had a motor tonight. If I was JB I would tell Jerami Grant every jumper you take and miss means a spot on the bench. He should never shoot a jump shot in any close game he needs to work on his shot for the NBA, but like Aaron Gordon at Arizona he should never shoot a jump shot.

I counted 5 airballs from CJ, there may have been 6. Either number is more than I've seen from one player in a single game over the past 40 years.

If people honestly are fighting the statement that C.J. Fair showed up tonight I ask the moderators to ban me please. This kid may have missed shots and not played his best game of the season, but he had over 20 and 10. Goodness gracious I didn't say he played perfectly, but I can remember plays made by Fair. This team didn't play well, but Fair and Ennis showed up. Rak missed that bunny, but the kid had a motor tonight. If I was JB I would tell Jerami Grant every jumper you take and miss means a spot on the bench. He should never shoot a jump shot in any close game he needs to work on his shot for the NBA, but like Aaron Gordon at Arizona he should never shoot a jump shot.

disgust_707676_1567263_zpse83496ad.gif

Yeah, ND didn't have the 3 pt shooters that BC had or made 9 of 20 from 3 pt range. I could careless if Cooney showed up against ND he didn't show up tonight. I still love this team and that kid, but its true he didn't show up tonight. Who cares about the ND game that was 2 weeks ago we let a 6 win team with one of those wins against a D2 come into the Dome and dictate tempo and beat us. We can still win the NC, but this team had multiple players Grant and Cooney play terribly tonight.
How many open shots did you see Cooney get? They had him covered as well or better than any other team has.

Yeah, ND didn't have the 3 pt shooters that BC had or made 9 of 20 from 3 pt range. I could careless if Cooney showed up against ND he didn't show up tonight. I still love this team and that kid, but its true he didn't show up tonight. Who cares about the ND game that was 2 weeks ago we let a 6 win team with one of those wins against a D2 come into the Dome and dictate tempo and beat us. We can still win the NC, but this team had multiple players Grant and Cooney play terribly tonight.
you're being silly. of course he showed up. everyone showed up; they just played poorly - including Fair.

Anyone that actually saw the game and is being honest would say nobody played well and it was as much a team loss as it could be. Nobody can be absolved from contributing to this loss.

Last edited:
Grant's been pretty consistent with that jumper. CJ appeared to make "a lot of plays" because he had the ball in his hands a lot of the night. Grant was 4/9 and most of those attempts seemed to come on put backs.

rrlbees said:
Anyone that actually saw the game and is being honest would say nobody played well and it was as much a team loss as it cold be. Nobody can be absolved from contributing to this loss.

That was the problem tonight. No one played well, not even Fair. He shot as poorly as I've seen him shoot tonight. Sorry, 7 of 23 from the field is not a good night.

How in the F does Roberson not get a single minute when CJ was stinking it up for large chunks of the game and Christmas in foul trouble and Keita obviously still hobbled?????

And how has this been the case for two weeks?

Absurd. The kid would be getting 20 minutes a night for virtually every team in the country, but here he's not good enough to take five minutes away from the senior who shoots frequently and inaccurately.

Absurd. The kid would be getting 20 minutes a night for virtually every team in the country, but here he's not good enough to take five minutes away from the senior who shoots frequently and inaccurately.
JB said it recently, he wants to use another guy off the bench but no one is ready. Bottom line, if JB thinks Roberson is a liability in the zone, he can't play him. It'd be ncie to have the extra guy, but it won't happen; I do think CJ needs rest though, if that means giving G more minutes on the wings or moving Rak to the 4 occasionally, so be it. But it's obvious Roberson won't contribute this year.

I wish we had gone to Grant down the stretch - we seemed to forget him as an offensive option.

JB said it recently, he wants to use another guy off the bench but no one is ready. Bottom line, if JB thinks Roberson is a liability in the zone, he can't play him. It'd be ncie to have the extra guy, but it won't happen; I do think CJ needs rest though, if that means giving G more minutes on the wings or moving Rak to the 4 occasionally, so be it. But it's obvious Roberson won't contribute this year.

That's true. And I'm beating a long-dead horse.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything from Roberson that suggests he can't contribute right now. As you note, though, he won't. And that's what matters.

You thought Fair and Ennis were good? Yeesh. Its amazing how 2 people can watch the same game and view it completely differently. Nobody played well in this game, and the head coach didn't coach well. Burn the tape (and the shorts while we're at it -- Jerseys were amazing).

Anyone that actually saw the game and is being honest would say nobody played well and it was as much a team loss as it cold be. Nobody can be absolved from contributing to this loss.

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. There was no best player tonight. It was all bad, bad, bad.

I agree that he did not play well and his shooting was frustrating, but it's hard to say he didn't show up when he had 20 & 12:confused:
7-23 shooting is a terrible game. I'd call that not showing up at all

And without Keita really available either. instead, JB decides to run his 3 forwards out there for 40+ minutes a piece. Pretty baffling.

CJ is shooting 35 % over his last 5 getting abot 16 shots a game. Not gonna cut. Not as your #1 option. I hope he not only shows up moving forward but also makes some shots. Pretty obvious we will go as he goes over the long haul.

Boston Colleges gameplan on defense was quite simple. Put their best defender on Trevor, take him away, and hedge on all high ball screens to get the ball out of Tyler's hands. The potential was there for roc, cj, and Jerami to have big games, but all three of them stunk. Cj has really become an inefficient player at this point in the season. He needs to play well for us to win.

My biggest gripe with the offense is the lack of movement. This double high ball screen with cj on the left wing and Trevor on the right wing doesn't do much for me. The pin downs for Trevor and cj are ok, but this double high screen and roll is just painful to watch. It creates little to no movement off the ball. Why you want Trevor Cooney standing still makes no sense to me. We need movement in the offense, and maybe some people were right. We need to get some baskets in transition again.

Bottom line, if JB thinks Roberson is a liability in the zone, he can't play him.

Or what? We lose to BC at home?

Too late. And our guys are still gassed. So now what.

JB said it recently, he wants to use another guy off the bench but no one is ready. Bottom line, if JB thinks Roberson is a liability in the zone, he can't play him.

JB doesn't want to use another guy off the bench...if he did he would, it's not that hard. How could Roberson really be any worse than what we saw from the guys that did play tonight.

Anyone that actually saw the game and is being honest would say nobody played well and it was as much a team loss as it could be. Nobody can be absolved from contributing to this loss.

Absolutely right! Total team loss...time to suck it up and get ready for Duke. Last night was bound to happen, and it best serve as a wake up call...

Or what? We lose to BC at home?

Too late. And our guys are still gassed. So now what.
I don't know what to say man; JB after the NC State game said he'd love if he could play someone else, but he doesn't feel like he can. JB sees Roberson in practice, we don't; you'd have to assume if he was at least semi-compotent in the zone at this point he'd get some minutes. I doubt JB has some personal vendetta against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom