I am sure I will get killed for this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am sure I will get killed for this

IMO we've recruited a good QB in DeVito and at RB, but we've struggled at recruiting at the O-line and also the WR position. We've addressed those spots easily in this upcoming class but yeah unfortunately there's no immediate help.

IMO we recruited a kid named Devito. I'm going to hold off on calling him good. Being a 4 star doesn't automatically qualify you as good, you need to produce on the field at the next level.

The guy has won, and has competed in losses at places like LSU. This is a tough, tough job with no natural recruiting base.
Is that the meter of success cause it didn't work with P. He won at places like Michigan, went to major bowl games and got run out of here after a 6 win season. Stop with the excuses that he almost won a game 3 years ago and won 10 game with a roster full of another coach's guys. Year 5, this is the house that Dino built, like it or not.

Pitts a middle of the pack ACC team where as UNC theoretically may challenge Clemson (if anyone can outside ND). Yes we suck at Pitt, historically, but a crowdless game in late september’s the best we could ask for.

Is UNC really all that much better than Pitt though outside of talking heads?

this program has had three coaches in the last 10 years, 4 in the last 12. Before that 4 in 50+

you know the sign of a bad program, chasing results by firing coaches.

same stupidity that dumped on P and poisoned that well and were screaming to get rid of marrone

So GRob needed more time? Or Shafer? Keeping a mistake is worse than correcting it. Corner turned.

IMO we recruited a kid named Devito. I'm going to hold off on calling him good. Being a 4 star doesn't automatically qualify you as good, you need to produce on the field at the next level.

No question Tommy needs to be better than he was today but unless the rest of the offense also steps up, we won't reach the potential we know this team can be at.

Is that the meter of success cause it didn't work with P. He won at places like Michigan, went to major bowl games and got run out of here after a 6 win season. Stop with the excuses that he almost won a game 3 years ago and won 10 game with a roster full of another coach's guys. Year 5, this is the house that Dino built, like it or not.

P got fired by an idiot.

Luckily we don't have idiots running SU anymore.

He had about 1100 yards of RB quit on the season. We're not quite at the point to replace that with a 3rd stringer.

Wake or BC would've lost today too.

By 25 points and an O performance that was totally inept? BC and Wake are making Bowls. They aren't getting wins ve top teams, way to move the goalposts.

Guys, you can feel if the coach is the right man to win at Syracuse. It’s easy to feel, at least for me and I’m sure most of you, we will NOT WIN CONSISTENTLY with Dino at the helm.

We have been crushed in far too many games over Dino’s tenure here. It’ll be time to cut bait. It may not be this season, but I can easily see it being after next season.

Pitts a middle of the pack ACC team where as UNC theoretically may challenge Clemson (if anyone can outside ND). Yes we suck at Pitt, historically, but a crowdless game in late september’s the best we could ask for.
Excluding 3 or 4 schools, everyone is a "middle of the pack" ACC team.
Unfortunately, we are one of those outlier schools at the moment...

But at what point do we start asking some tough questions about the HC. Its year 5 and we look like its year 1 out there save for the defense..

Clearly 2018 was outstanding but its looking more and more like an outlier. Were in year 5 still making the same mistakes over and over and over.

Zero discipline, same pre snap and dumb penalties and clock management that would make Coach P and Deleone blush. Coordinators changed but offense is just as bad and we still have no idea how to run an offense in the red zone or manage the clock. QB is barren besides Devito and despite a pass heavy offense its been beyond a struggle to get a 4 star QB or WR to come on board.

Not calling for Babers to be let go that's crazy but its a real bad sign in my mind that were seeing the same issues yet again.

Your worries are legit, questions need to be asked. We are seeing the same thing year in and year out.

Dino was brought here to fix the offense. We just played another blowout game where we didn't score a TD, the defense quit after 3 quarters of realizing the offense couldn't get it done. I started to bring this stuff up last year and was practically run off the board. Anyone who would kill you for this post if living a delusion at this point.
Did the defense give up or was it gassed by going back on the field before they could get a sip from their little paper gatorade cup?

Guys, you can feel if the coach is the right man to win at Syracuse. It’s easy to feel, at least for me and I’m sure most of you, we will NOT WIN CONSISTENTLY with Dino at the helm.

We have been crushed in far too many games over Dino’s tenure here. It’ll be time to cut bait. It may not be this season, but I can easily see it being after next season.
I feel we can win consistently with Dino but the way the offense calls plays will not work

Is UNC really all that much better than Pitt though outside of talking heads?
Probably, their running backs (mainly Williams) and Howell are legit. Their O was very well ran.

Well, TD did win two of those games for us. Let's not have a rosey retrospect. People wanted to bench Dungey after Pitt and UNC.

We had an adequate OL and while they weren’t “that” good...our WRs and RBs were a lot better than what we’ve got now.

Excluding 3 or 4 schools, everyone is a "middle of the pack" ACC team.
Unfortunately, we are one of those outlier schools at the moment...
Its a peer program who will help us gauge ourselves better is my point

this program has had three coaches in the last 10 years, 4 in the last 12. Before that 4 in 50+

you know the sign of a bad program, chasing results by firing coaches.

same stupidity that dumped on P and poisoned that well and were screaming to get rid of marrone
And the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results... what’s your point?

So we’ve literally had 1 coach in the last like 60 years that has won “consistently” here...and most of us wanted him canned for the last 6 years or so of his tenure.

I thought TD was bad but the play calling worse. Why are we not using the playmakers strengths? Nykeim and Jordan are both built for speed but neither used on outside plus in either end around pop passes plain end around a or outside run plays. Instead we continued to pound Jordan up the middle of a suspect oline.