I bailed early but a guy that brought it was Jobity | Syracusefan.com

I bailed early but a guy that brought it was Jobity

Noticed that too. Edge is pretty deep with him, Jaquez, and Simmons and a bunch of talent coming in .. Diggs, KJE, Brown and Lesaine. Not sure where all the pieces fit, but I'm assuming Watson, Ingraham (if he has eligibility left), EFC and Perry are inside guys if we're running a 4-3.

Noticed that too. Edge is pretty deep with him, Jaquez, and Simmons and a bunch of talent coming in .. Diggs, KJE, Brown and Lesaine. I'm assuming Watson, Ingraham (if he has eligibility left), EFC and Perry are inside guys if we're running a 4-3.
Simmons isn't on the level they are looking for. I can see EFC moving on as well.

Simmons isn't on the level they are looking for. I can see EFC moving on as well.
I can see that. Not hard to imagine Jaquez and Jobbity starting, diggs and KJE moving quickly into the 2-deep (and eating up an increasing percentage of snaps). Beyond that, have to fight the portal.

Last edited:
I can see that. Not hard to imagine Jaquez and Jobbity starting, diggs and KJE moving quickly into the 2-deep (and eating up an increasing percentage of snaps). Beyond that, have to fight the portal.
Respectfully Diggs is not coming here to be on the Two deep. Would not be shocked if he’s a captain tbh. He’ll be starting, probably gets the most snaps at DE and wouldn’t be shocked if he is our best pass rusher. As I see it right now, lots of off-season left obviously so a lot of moving parts still.

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DT-Caleb (if he gets his extra year)
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph
DT-Watson, EFC….we’ll add another 1-2 bodies here. Pretty confident Raikes will end up here. If Raikes is here, he’s the 3rd DT behind Ingraham and Caleb.

From my understanding Caden Brown is a linebacker. We’ll be deep at linebacker if Wax comes back which I think he does. We’ll be deep at safety. I think we’ll be fine after we add Raikes at DT, would like one more depth add after that.

My biggest concern in CB. Outside of Bellamy we don’t have much. If we land Barnes on the 6th (which I expect), we already added Long, bring in Chappell from A&M, I’ll feel a lot better. But then we need to keep Delaine. So our corner back room would be Bellamy, Chappell, Barnes, Delaine, Long. If we add one more piece after that I’ll feel pretty confident, if we add AJ Harris on top of this, we might have one of the best corner back rooms and secondaries cause our safeties with Barron, Grant, Clark, Farmer and Gould will be GREAT

Respectfully Diggs is not coming here to be on the Two deep. Would not be shocked if he’s a captain tbh. He’ll be starting, probably gets the most snaps at DE and wouldn’t be shocked if he is our best pass rusher. As I see it right now, lots of off-season left obviously so a lot of moving parts still.

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph
DT-Watson, EFC….we’ll add another 1-2 bodies here. Pretty confident Raikes will end up here. If Raikes is here, he’s the 3rd DT behind Ingraham and Caleb.

From my understanding Caden Brown is a linebacker. We’ll be deep at linebacker if Wax comes back which I think he does. We’ll be deep at safety. I think we’ll be fine after we add Raikes at DT, would like one more depth add after that.

My biggest concern in CB. Outside of Bellamy we don’t have much. If we land Barnes on the 6th (which I expect), we already added Long, bring in Chappell from A&M, I’ll feel a lot better. But then we need to keep Delaine. So our corner back room would be Bellamy, Chappell, Barnes, Delaine, Long. If we add one more piece after that I’ll feel pretty confident, if we add AJ Harris on top of this, we might have one of the best corner back rooms and secondaries cause our safeties with Barron, Grant, Clark, Farmer and Gould will be GREAT
i can see guys like Sparrow and Bailey going somewhere looking for an opportunity to start if Thompson and Wax come back.

i can see guys like Sparrow and Bailey going somewhere looking for an opportunity to start if Thompson and Wax come back.
Best case scenario, linebacker room next year looks like: Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Jayden Brown, Caden Brown, Bailey, Roon, Omopariola and ZYM

Roon has great size which the staff likes and he’s a really good special teams player. Bailey is a potential baller

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph

Perry will be in there somewhere either DE or DT.

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph

If we’re being honest i don’t think Caleb made more than 3 plays the entire season. I believe he will move on.

Best case scenario, linebacker room next year looks like: Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Jayden Brown, Caden Brown, Bailey, Roon, Omopariola and ZYM

Roon has great size which the staff likes and he’s a really good special teams player. Bailey is a potential baller
Half of those guys never played. I was always a fan a fan of Sparrow. He’s great against the run. If Fran wants to stop the run first i can see him being the 3rd LB. The rest are all unproven questions marks. I also know Roon has dealt with knee injuries. Not sure if it has cost him a step. I see him a bit buried on the depth chart.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sparrow portaled.
I think he’s really good but if he wants to start , if the first three comes back he should go. it would be great for him to stay but it’s probably in his interest to go where he would be a featured guy.

lowery probably got tired of sharing his spot with Thompson.

I think he’s really good but if he wants to start , if the first three comes back he should go. it would be great for him to stay but it’s probably in his interest to go where he would be a featured guy.

lowery probably got tired of sharing his spot with Thompson.
Yep. If Wax is back writing is on the wall.

Yep. If Wax is back writing is on the wall.

And especially if we’re switching to a 4-2-5 next year.

Now - the 4th guy in the 4 could be a pass-rushing LB, but still -
There’s only so many LB spots, and a bunch of bodies that are vying for them.

It will be interesting to see what the new staff thinks of the incumbents, and how many of the guys lower down on the depth chart get “the talk”.

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph

If Raikes shows up…much like Diggs he’ll be a starter with only 1 year left. He’ll also ideally only see about 30 plays a game with his size if we have adequate depth to spell him.

DE-Diggs
DT-Ingraham
DE-Jobity

In the rotation
DE-Jaquez, KingJoeph

Would love to add Raikes (inside DL), long shot with MacKinley, and don't sleep on Perry (almost 280 and an animal). At CB we're decimated. You have more faith in Bellamy than I do (bust IMO). Delaine has potential, but we're looking pretty good for Harris and Barnes - both immediate upgrades. Would be amazing to add them.

Lastly I had Caden Brown on the DL because that's where he's listed, and there has been commentary from money3189 (Post 273), GoSU96 (post 274) and sutomcat (Post 290) that his skill set is DL not LB.

Link: Class of 2024 - DE Caden Brown (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Last edited:
My gut says another 15 kids shed from the roster.

Jobity is a great athlete. He won’t be one. You get some wreckers on the inside and he’ll be an animal.
I know u guys are gonna pick on me but Jobity needs the dreaded weight room workbig time. He did a great job and never quit but he still looks skinny. is it just me or no. i think 15lbs of pure muscle would make him pretty unblockable. what do u guys think.

I think there are some good pieces here but a lot of room for improvement.

Caleb needs a better motor.
Wax needs to cut out the dumb penalties.
Interior d line is the biggest question mark in my opinion. Should be fine with the edge- Thompson could be an edge guy too. I’m not sure where they project him but he’s definitely big enough. Not sure where McDonald fits. Ultimately with the veterans it’s about buy in to the new system. I like the way Georgia plays- they do their job and expect to make plays without a lot of celebration after routine stuff.

I’d like to see them rotate guys in and out in the front 6 since I don’t think we have that every down stud. That probably holds true for the back 5 too.

I know u guys are gonna pick on me but Jobity needs the dreaded weight room workbig time. He did a great job and never quit but he still looks skinny. is it just me or no. i think 15lbs of pure muscle would make him pretty unblockable. what do u guys think.
He’s a true sophomore. Signed at 6-4, 250, listed at 263 this year . His father was a hoops player and he grew up playing soccer and basketball if I’m not mistaken. He’s going to be lean to begin with. I don’t think he started playing football until,his junior year.

if he could get to 275 next year that would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom