I Can't Stand Cooney... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I Can't Stand Cooney...

I love G, especially his versatility. But you realize he doesn't work to get open because teams let him have those jumpers? All his 3's are wide open clean looks with little work. Teams might start smartening up. K did on Saturday between the 1st and 2nd half. They actually guarded him at the 3 point line the 2nd half and he could only even get one 3 off. To his credit, he took advantage of being closely guarded by going to the hole more. Versatility. 1st half they let him have that shot, and to his credit, he made them pay. But on his jumper, he never has to curl around a screen, come off a pick or get the 3 off his dribble.

Maybe those are shots that neither guy should be taking, G recognizes it and gets some shots other ways.....Cooney keeps shooting and missing a pretty high percentage of them.

Maybe those are shots that neither guy should be taking, G recognizes it and gets some shots other ways...Cooney keeps shooting and missing a pretty high percentage of them.

Fair point. We do a lot of bitching on here about people taking shots they can't make very often...but outside of having his feet set, Cooney hits a very low percentage of threes.

Too bad we couldn't see those stats. Might be Ron Patterson'ish. Yet we get a ton of 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom