I don't know who that female announcer was... | Syracusefan.com

I don't know who that female announcer was...

Played for tennessee. All american. People actually dont know who she is? Awesome announcer

No. I don't think she had ever done an SU game and, of the few non-SU games I see, she has never been one of the announcers.

How long has she been doing this?

She normally has been on the women's broadcasts. I agree that she was very good. Forza is right in that her approach is far more appealing than Len "Grumpy" Elmore.

If the broadcast career doesn't pan out for her she could always be Christmas' agent. ;) No doubt RC has come a very long way but when I listened to her I thought she might have been talking about Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

she was very clear and accurate, but what impressed me the most was how much she knew about the two teams, even though neither one is in the national spotlight.

i could listen to sean mcdonough all day as well; one of the things i miss about the big east is the big monday broadcasts with him, billy and jay.

What made her good was that she didn't feel the need to talk constantly...she provided analysis when it was called for. Some guys in that role act like they are auditioning for evening news anchor.

I'll take her over Doris Burke any day. She clearly did her homework and was on point with most or all of her commentary. Most importantly, I never got the sense that she was overcompensating, like some female announcers have a tendency to do.

I commented on her also during the game. Definitely liked her.

Thought she was great, and the not overtalking thing is spot on. So many analysts feel the need to fill in when its not necessary, while everything she provided had real purpose.

Actually I did not like her. Like Burke, she seems to find in necessary to discuss way to much about personal/inside topics on players. Her discussion on Rak was over the top especially how she was talking about how well he was playing as he had 2 consecutive bad plays on offense. I wish color announcers would stick to describing how plays were made/developed, like how Bilas does.

The most important thing for a announcer is absolute unbiasedness,
as in the tone of voice,
whats said,
not talking about how to beat a team but instead about playing to their strengths.
not being over/under confident in a team as the game goes along.

home advantage(or unadvantage if we are playing BC) belongs in the building not on my television.

I liked her underlying assumption that the fan watching knew something about the game of basketball instead of her relying on some shtick or planned meme heading into the game.

Yes, didn't take over and make it about her. Was very insightful and knows the game well. Unbiased, and my favorite thing like already mentioned was she did her HOMEWORK! Something I bitch about constantly with most announcers not doing. She knew players correct names (gasp). She knew the team and players strengths and tendencies, and what they need to improve on in detail.

Not a fan of Burke. She has an awkward style, like how she insists on calling everybody either "Mr." (lifted from Dickie V.) or by their first name only. But mostly I can't stand the constant platitudes and over-the-top pronouncements with very little real analysis or insight. Our game at Pitt last year was the worst - she practically moved in with "Jamie" and his family before the game and didn't stop talking the whole time about what a saint he is .

i thought she was very good. and no doubt a bargain figuring she likely makes half the money of her male colleagues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom