I dont see this being an actual sell-out... | Syracusefan.com

I dont see this being an actual sell-out...

TBCuse11

Starter
Last year, it was full. i have never been to a game that even comes close to this. We bought tickets the day before, and the absolute cheapest we found were 90 bucks each and they were not great... a little behind the bleachers on the side in 301. This year, looking at stubhub right now, you can acceptable seats within the realm of the court for under $65. Post season ban + a lesser team for SU is going to make this more afordable for people to go. If you didnt go last year, go this year... its an electric atmosphere.

I might go after all. The four of us find these prices hard to pass up. And they might even drop as the day progresses.

it will not be full. there will be at least 3000 no shows. not in any way taking away from the great fan support. was more just letting people know that very affordable tix are out there, unlike last year.
Every ticket is sold, so it is technically a sell out. Will it be full? have no idea, but it's a sell out.

TBCuse11 said:
it will not be full. there will be at least 3000 no shows. not in any way taking away from the great fan support. was more just letting people know that very affordable tix are out there, unlike last year.

But you didn't say "full." You said "sell out." Even last year wasn't technically full. One of my friends had to cancel at the last minute.

You're really reaching to wring your hands over something.

Every ticket on stubhub has already been purchased. It's a sell out.

We will have more people actually in the Dome for the UVA game than this game... I hope... We better send off Rak the right way.

I'd love to see that, but I have a hard time believing that a Monday night game is going to have better attendance than a Saturday game. Especially since after last year this game was circled on a lot of calendars (mine included) and people will be traveling from all over to come to it.

what are you 10 years old? I think my point is pretty obvious. Much smaller crowd than last year. not reall a debate. the fact that there are good 300 level seats available for 35 bucks is proof of that...
But you didn't say "full." You said "sell out." Even last year wasn't technically full. One of my friends had to cancel at the last minute.

You're really reaching to wring your hands over something.

Every ticket on stubhub has already been purchased. It's a sell out.

I am not seeing many tickets on stubhub

TBCuse11 said:
what are you 10 years old? I think my point is pretty obvious. Much smaller crowd than last year. not reall a debate. the fact that there are good 300 level seats available for 35 bucks is proof of that...

So that's what you meant when you said that the game didn't sell out, even though it is sold out.

Last year, it was full. i have never been to a game that even comes close to this. We bought tickets the day before, and the absolute cheapest we found were 90 bucks each and they were not great... a little behind the bleachers on the side in 301. This year, looking at stubhub right now, you can acceptable seats within the realm of the court for under $65. Post season ban + a lesser team for SU is going to make this more afordable for people to go. If you didnt go last year, go this year... its an electric atmosphere.

I might go after all. The four of us find these prices hard to pass up. And they might even drop as the day progresses.

You seem to be moaning because you think the game won't be a sell-out (which of course it is because every ticket is sold). Then you say you may buy tickets (because you consider them cheap), but then you may not unless they get cheaper.

Meanwhile the crowd at this game. -- against one of the best teams in the nation -- will be nearly 50 percent larger than any other on-campus crowd this year.

I may be missing something, but I seriously do not get the point of your post.

i think what hes saying is the demand isnt anywhere near what it was last year. and there will quite a few no shows, which i agree with.

If you do go, maybe you could count all the empty seats. I'm sure we'd all be interested to know precisely which crowd was more "full"..

when they print up the shirts this year are they gonna use the # of tickets sold or the number of butts in seats?

CorduroyG said:
i think what hes saying is the demand isnt anywhere near what it was last year. and there will quite a few no shows, which i agree with.

I agree with that as well, but that isn't what is actually saying or continued to say. For whatever reason he doubled down on "sell out" even though it is a sell out.

It really isn't a big deal, it's just funny.

I honestly don't see a game like that Duke game last year on the horizon. That is a once a decade type game that just took on a life of its own as far as hype.

All things considered.....who the hell cares, if su staysin the game it will be loud

image-3583666276.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom