I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight.

Few will agree with you, but you're right. Given the choice before the game, 100% of our fans would have chosen down 2 with 10 secs to play and Duke ball over down 2 with 10 seconds to play and Duke getting 4 FTs and the ball. The game is not over in the first scenario. Far from it. Surprised so many would rather watch JB go nuts than have a chance to win at Duke.
We still had a chance to win

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

You have a totally valid point.

But I will take Boeheim's reaction any day. The guy has NEVER BEEN KICKED OUT OF A REG SEASON GAME in 38 years.

Give the guy a bogey. And no matter, somehow I am fine with it.

2 point game Duke ball with I believe 10 on the clock. Ballgame. Boeheim made a statement that will last throughout the season.

They still had to inbound the ball, and had a 1-1, the game was far from over.

Oh give it a rest. The game was over the second the charge was called. His reaction was 100% warranted.
Absolutely spot on. The game was over and JB had nothing to lose. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but calling out Boehiem on losing this game is bullshit. The game was OVER on that ref's call, period. Good refs don't make a call like that with a game like that on the line. Green took another potentially great game and altered the outcome. Oh yeah, why don't you contact JB and let him know how you feel. Get real.

I swear if given the choice, some of you guys would rather give Boeheim a sensual sponge bath than win at Duke.

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

This is where we need a dislike button. Even if did not get the technical the refs would have made sure Duke won.

Did coach K act like an ass at the end of game in the dome? People need perspective and JB acting like an ass at the end, wont change a thing in the ACC. It's standard treatment in Durham. I hate Duke but a HOF coach can't act like that. People bitching are no different than Duke fans after the game at the dome.

I swear if given the choice, some of you guys would rather give Boeheim a sensual sponge bath than win at Duke.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Or dreamt about it.

He had to make a STATEMENT to the referees who have been cheating us all season long and it was about time to erupt. Through experience, there was no way that they were going to let US leave with a victory. You have to crush everybody in the area code when you play in hostile territories. I'm Still PSST.

Did coach K act like an ass at the end of game in the dome? People need perspective and JB acting like an ass at the end, wont change a thing in the ACC. It's standard treatment in Durham. I hate Duke but a HOF coach can't act like that. People bitching are no different than Duke fans after the game at the dome.

The games didn't end in the same manner. So what is your point? He didn't act "like an ass." He defended his kids, and lit a fire moving forward. What team do you coach again?

It was a 3 point game, right? Why does everyone keep saying 2?

He had to make a STATEMENT to the referees who have been cheating us all season long

Cheating us all season long? What the heck are you talking about? We were 25-1 prior to today. How have we been cheated?

So you some of you at saying you prefer to see a coach freak out then a chance to win the game? So you're happy SU lost?

Not sure how one equals the other. As Kaiser said, that "chance" was gone.

Here is why you are dead wrong. This game was not the championship. This is one step on a journey. When you get a win stolen from you by the officials the best thing you can do is put a spotlight on it. You know what the ESPN headline is right now? "Charge call aids Duke win over #1 Syracuse." That is how you get things to change. Boeheim does not want to set Syracuse up for 20 years of calls going in Duke's favor. Yes, Duke won the battle, but what Boeheim did helped the big picture. Syracuse is trying to rule the ACC and all of college basketball. This is how the most influential programs get calls (look at how Coach K acts, Jordan, LeBron, you name it they play this game).
Right on General. JB had to display his feelings. This was a battle and we are in for the war. Hopefully this will give the team a lift for the game on Monday. As much as there were bad calls in the Big East, this home cooking down here on tobacco road is real sad. I would have loved to seen Jimmy grab the basketball and toss it to the looneys in the kitchen. It is a real sad state of events for a school to keep its basketball court to the size of a closet to keep fans from the opposing teams from even getting a ticket!!

Cheating us all season long? What the heck are you talking about? We were 25-1 prior to today. How have we been cheated?
I don't know how many games you have watched or been to but you haven't watched the game from my perspective.

Did you watch the first SU/Duke game when the most critical calls of the game went our way?
I did. Apparently you didn't if you think this game was called anything like the first one. We won on a close call. One close call. Tonight we were not getting close calls and were not even getting blatantly obvious calls. Big difference.

Tonight when the announcers (one of them a Dukie) are constantly wondering about no fouls on our end it should give someone a clue. So in light of this….get a clue. Next time you watch this game turn the volume to "ON".

First off stop saying it was a 1-1 it was 2 shots. The next foul would have put them in a double bonus. Sure he makes one and misses one they still have a chance but how do you motivate a team who just had the game ripped away from them by a terrible call. Also if he makes one you need a three and I know Ennis made a magical desperation 3 against Pitt but really who the hell was making a 3 at the end of this game. The game ended on that charge!

I didn't like Jimmy's reaction either. We definitely had a chance, no matter how small, to maybe pull it out.

However, I UNDERSTAND his frustration, as Rak was most definitely fouled the prior possession and that's the same call the whistled Gbinije for.

I don't think it was some sort of master plan for Jimmy to fire up this team to a final 4 run, it's silly to think otherwise. What we witnessed was a competitor getting pissed at a series of bullshite calls. And they were shite.
Right on. If you're going to make that call, be consistent throughout the game for both teams. Green was making a personal statement with the game on the line with that call. Good refs would no call that one with 10.2 left. Absolute BS.

DSellers12 said:
First off stop saying it was a 1-1 it was 2 shots. The next foul would have put them in a double bonus. Sure he makes one and misses one they still have a chance but how do you motivate a team who just had the game ripped away from them by a terrible call. Also if he makes one you need a three and I know Ennis made a magical desperation 3 against Pitt but really who the hell was making a 3 at the end of this game. The game ended on that charge!

It was no FTs.

I love him more.

This will mot happen again because of it

Ugh Marsh, not you too! Nothing that happened tonight officiating-wise will affect the officiating of any other game we play. It was your classic block/charge call that could go either way. I happen to think the call was lousy.

cuseguy said:
It was a 3 point game, right? Why does everyone keep saying 2?

2 and Duke ball out of bounds.