I hate Marquette more than UConn ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Marquette more than UConn ...

Well he was called for 4 fouls in 17 minutes against Davidson. 2 fouls in 19 minutes against Butler, and 1 foul against Miami in 25 minutes. So that's 7 fouls in 3 games, right about at his season average (2 a game). He was called for 4 fouls in a game only twice all year up until the last game of the season, where he had 4 vs. St.John's, then 2 games later he was called for 4 vs. Butler.

Both times they played Butler he's had 4 fouls...interesting.

Also since our game (26 pts, 7/7 from the field, 12/13 from the line), he has as more scoring games under double digits (4) as he does with double digits (3). He also played 33 minutes against us, he hasn't played a game over 25 minutes since then, and he has 5 games with under 19 minutes.

Interesting. Honestly, we can easily lose, but it seems like Marquette is playing the last game. I haven't seen syracuse play with this much confidence and having fun in the tournament since 2003.

I hope Marquette thinks they're playing the same team they played in February.

I agree, that fat piece of crap ran into our players all game long and fouls were called on out players. The officiating in that game was awful combined with poor shooting by the Cuse.

I love the highlights they show of Gardner from our game earlier this year, it's just a fat guy committing offensive fouls...how did we get no calls that game?

Mind boggling.

I love the highlights they show of Gardner, it's just a fat guy committing offensive fouls...how did we get no calls that game?

Mind boggling.
3 words Big East Refs.

Two points.

First, let's reserve hate for where it's really deserved.
And you know what that means...that big bunch of losers @ G-town who are sitting at home watching us win on their home court!

Second...about this schlub Gardner...I'm reminded of the immortal words of Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Spoken about Andre the Giant: "He's just a big goof."
And today...Gardner gets exposed as one.

GO ORANGE!
Hate???

Who is G-town? I don't seem to remember them.

Are they that group of gray clad thugs who were once part of the greatest basketball conference?

Are they the ones who have been banished to an obscure conference and will never be relevant again?

Are they the ones who will always suck no matter what time it is?

You think those comments are interesting, you should watch Marquettes PC from yesterday, talk about confidence there one guard was pretty much thrilled to be playing syracuse.

We are on the precipice of entering into the rarefied air of THE FINAL FOUR . We are playing Marquette a former same league denizen. To say they beat us primarily by being overtly physical, committing many fouls which were allowed by referatzis would be a gross understatement. To use the word HATE, when referring to Marquette on a fan forum in this moment in time is far from abhorent.

Perhaps the starting 5 should go out and present corsages to the opposing players just prior to game time as a token of good will and sportsmanship.

This is the culmination of a season and the Orange fandom has been whipped into a veritable frenzy. By reading the posts on this forum it is all too plain to see, the rabid, drooling Orange, hating on all things not Orange! Demanding that we not only crush the opposition but destroy everything they love and hold close!!!! This is not a time for mamby pamby second guessing on forum political correctness for God's sake!

So what's it gonna be? In the words of our most intellectual prezanit ever...
YOUR EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US!
wAr dAmN oTTo!!!!!

You think those comments are interesting, you should watch Marquettes PC from yesterday, talk about confidence there one guard was pretty much thrilled to be playing syracuse.

That's why I don't think losing our first match-up is a bad thing - we're motivated and no way we overlook anything. Marquette is probably a bit more comfortable thinking they figured out the zone, so when we add wrinkles, hopefully we can throw them off balance. Not that MU would be overlooking us (by any stretch), but we're going to be more focused on stopping what took us down last time.

I have to laugh, there's actually a thread on the Marquette board complaining that if the refs allow us to play physical and go over the back that the game will be tough for Marquette.

sweaty gnome of a coach.

Gnomeo-and-Juliet-Wallpaper-03.jpg

That's why I don't think losing our first match-up is a bad thing - we're motivated and no way we overlook anything. Marquette is probably a bit more comfortable thinking they figured out the zone, so when we add wrinkles, hopefully we can throw them off balance. Not that MU would be overlooking us (by any stretch), but we're going to be more focused on stopping what took us down last time.
I hope they do feel as if they figured out the zone, considering 40% of their scoring last game came from the line, and is the only reason they walked away with a W. No way you can expect that type of production again. Oh yeah, and Todd Mayo, a sub 30% 3 point shooter, drained 2 deep contested 3's in the last 2 minutes of that game.

On a side note, can anyone explain to me why it is a technical when Fair slaps the backboard after a dunk, which he did in that game, while fatso can go into a rage and punch the base of the hoop after an and-1? What the hells the difference?

classy thread title and posts, no wonder SU is not popular with opposing fans. Some comments on this board are downright embarrassing.
Some comments are definitely embarrassing. Like that one. We're playing Marquette to get into the final 4. That being said...

F Marquette
F Buzz
F the Algonquin good land
And tubby offensive fouling b@stard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's the false sense of security you get when playing Syracuse at home with refs helping you out. I Don't blame them either, let them think that.

and all is right with the world!
and yet, is ok while I hate... is somehow offensive
Just so we're on the same page I was being sarcastic when i told you hate was a strong word. I used to HATE when people would tell me that growing up. Lol