I have high hopes for next year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have high hopes for next year...

I told the coach on his show that in 1984 we beat #1 Nebraska but then lost 3 in a row and didn't go to a bowl. The next year we did and Coach mac recruited the class that really changed everything. They mostly red-shirted in 1986 and we struggled but when they took over in 1987, we went 11-0 and had 15 straight winning seasons. Absent any contrary knowledge, I'mm got with that as the scenario this time around: a bowl next year, the lass that really turns things around and about 2 years alter, watch out! I'm calling it "20-20 Vision".

where have heard this story ? "i believe i believe, it's crazy but i believe." oh yes...
nwood.jpg

Last edited:
I understand that but they always seem to have a lot of talent that they don't do much with other than their great 2015 season. Seem to have 2+ freakish losses every year. We won't be favored but they aren't the 2013 FSU team.

serious question. Who cares who is favored in a game next year before next year, they dont set lines years in advance, it will depend on how the schedule is laid out, how the teams are playing and the biggie... injuries

I'm not going to get too optimistic preseason. I'm in the Public Enemy "Don't Believe the Hype" mode until I see otherwise.

The OP isn't the only one with seemingly 'high hopes,' so is Dino per his post game presser remarks yesterday. "I think this is the beginning," Babers said. "I really believe that the 2018 season is going to be something that we're going to be talking about here for a long, long time." Now, I realize (as lectured here) that Dino's comments in his post game pressers should generally be construed as insignificant, noting they're certainly nothing of bulletin board type material, etc. Hopefully too, our opponents will cooperate in making his remarks something we indeed 'talk about here for a long, long time.' Of course, hopefully, in the manner he implied when he said it...

I'm not going to get too optimistic preseason. I'm in the Public Enemy "Don't Believe the Hype" mode until I see otherwise.

Actually the time to be optimistic is the next 9 months because optimism could be hard to come by after that.

The OP isn't the only one with seemingly 'high hopes,' so is Dino per his post game presser remarks yesterday. "I think this is the beginning," Babers said. "I really believe that the 2018 season is going to be something that we're going to be talking about here for a long, long time." Now, I realize (as lectured here) that Dino's comments in his post game pressers should generally be construed as insignificant, noting they're certainly nothing of bulletin board type material, etc. Hopefully too, our opponents will cooperate in making his remarks something we indeed 'talk about here for a long, long time.' Of course, hopefully, in the manner he implied when he said it...
I've been pointing to year 3 since the hire as when we will start winning 6+. Dino is optimistic for the same reason I am. Because it makes sense. Depth is such a huuuuge factor that we should have enough of next year, to be able to match people on our 2 and 3 deep. The depth begins to help in year 3. That's why Clawson redshirted almost every single freshmen his first 3 years. It built up quality depth while they struggled through his first two 3-9 seasons. He won 7 in his third year and possibly 8 this year, not because he brought in supremely better talent than before, but because the 2nd and 3rd string kids were as talented as the starters.