I just knew that Cashman would give away a top prospect before this was over | Syracusefan.com

I just knew that Cashman would give away a top prospect before this was over

CaliCuse

All American
Peter O'Brien is a power guy who was developing catching and third base or even first base for a utility infielder. Now Prado might be better at 2nd base but why not call up Refsynder instead of losing O'Brien? I guess that we wait another season to start before that might happen starting this coming spring.

Quick summary: Nuno/Solarte/De Paula/Johnson/O'Brien for McCarthy/Headley/Drew/Prado.

Quick summary: Nuno/Solarte/De Paula/Johnson/O'Brien for McCarthy/Headley/Drew/Prado.
I don't believe that including the others in that equation is logical or correct in this discussion If you allude to their value as opposed to benefits,I agree but O'brien will be a player to watch over the next few years and see if his opportunity increases his timeline.

You really have a lack of understanding of prospects man. O'Brien had power and that's it, the fact he was 24 and at AA and couldn't draw a walk, really had no position was a year away from removal of being a "prospect". The fact that his 5% walk, 25% K rate in AA at age 24 is a scary indicator for a "top prospect" as you say. The trade for Prado is really, really good so you really have no idea what you are talking about. Prado gives them not only defense but offense at multiple positions, for a player who had power but little else and may never make the majors.

You really have a lack of understanding of prospects man. O'Brien had power and that's it, the fact he was 24 and at AA and couldn't draw a walk, really had no position was a year away from removal of being a "prospect". The fact that his 5% walk, 25% K rate in AA at age 24 is a scary indicator for a "top prospect" as you say. The trade for Prado is really, really good so you really have no idea what you are talking about. Prado gives them not only defense but offense at multiple positions, for a player who had power but little else and may never make the majors.
Shawn you would not be Billy Beane by any chance or better yet Brian Cashman. You seem to know a great deal about the Yankee farm system and your replies to Cali are priceless.

Shawn you would not be Billy Beane by any chance or better yet Brian Cashman. You seem to know a great deal about the Yankee farm system and your replies to Cali are priceless.

Just like the Yankees minor leagues, always have been intrigued by their prospects over the years and try to see them as much as possible.

Just like the Yankees minor leagues, always have been intrigued by their prospects over the years and try to see them as much as possible.
Why can't they do a better of developing position players? They seem to do a pretty good job of developing relief pitchers.

Fact of the matter is, the yankees gave up next to nothing in acquiring prado, headley, mccarthy.

their system lacks the strength to have done better with the likes of price / lester

Why can't they do a better of developing position players? They seem to do a pretty good job of developing relief pitchers.

Its a crap shoot, but one I have been frustrated with for a long time. I have wanted them to get rid of the Oppenheimer/Newman Minor league development team for a while now and start with a new regime. They have developed players but they are more serviceable than anything. The lack of position players, especially outfield the last few years is frustrating.

Fact of the matter is, the yankees gave up next to nothing in acquiring prado, headley, mccarthy.

their system lacks the strength to have done better with the likes of price / lester

The fact is they really wouldn't have dealt those players within the division, to the Yankees for that matter without the Yankees giving up an unreal amount of players for them.

quitcherbitchin Cali. Red Sox have given up everything at this point. Fire sale isn't the word for it.