I just met Matt Moyer in Grand Central | Syracusefan.com

I just met Matt Moyer in Grand Central

SUMBA

2nd String
I am wearing my Syracuse hoodie today for karma. I saw a tall young man donning an SU backpack walking down the ramp and said "Go Orange!" He was listening to his headphones and didn't hear. As I walked up beside him I tapped his arm and showed him my Syracuse logo Devendorf style.

He smiled and said "Go Cuse" and stopped to talk. I told him it has been exciting. He agreed and asked if I knew who he was. I apologized and admitted that I didn't. he introduced himself as Matt Moyer who was committed to SU. I thanked him and told him I am looking forward to seeing him in Orange. He said thanks and that he is happy for the team, especially Mike and Trevor.

Matt was a first class kid. He will be a great representative for our team and our University. Based on our random meeting, he will always have a big fan in me!

Last edited:
I saw a tall young man walking down the ramp and said Go Orange! He smiled and said "Go Cuse" and stopped to talk. I told him it has been exciting. He agreed and asked if I knew who he was. I apologized and admitted that I didn't.
Unless I'm misreading your post, I don't know what's more weird -- the fact that you didn't recognize Matt Moyer... or that you decided to flash a stranger because he was tall and young?

Unless I'm misreading your post, I don't know what's more weird -- the fact that you didn't recognize Matt Moyer... or that you decided to flash a stranger because he was tall and young?

I was confused too, but I'm assuming Matt was wearing SU gear as well.

Good story.

For future reference people, this is what Matt looks like:

18125818-standard.jpg

I think he even has his SU bookbag on in this picture...

Real bonehead move not knowing who he was. Forcing the young man to throw out a "Do you know who I am?" Never good. That is the Connecticut state player of the year man! Get your head in the game!!

I am wearing my Syracuse hoodie today for karma. I saw a tall young man donning an SU backpack walking down the ramp and said "Go Orange!" He was listening to his headphones and didn't hear. As I walked up beside him I tapped his arm and showed him my Syracuse logo Devendorf style.

He smiled and said "Go Cuse" and stopped to talk. I told him it has been exciting. He agreed and asked if I knew who he was. I apologized and admitted that I didn't. he introduced himself as Matt Moyer who was committed to SU. I thanked him and told him I am looking forward to seeing him in Orange. He said thanks and that he is happy for the team, especially Mike and Trevor.

Matt was a first class kid. He will be a great representative for our team and our University. Based on our random meeting, he will always have a big fan in me!
And he plays the violin! That has to be a first. Love it.

Real bonehead move not knowing who he was. Forcing the young man to throw out a "Do you know who I am?" Never good. That is the Connecticut state player of the year man! Get your head in the game!!

Have to admit, I didn't know him either. He was across the aisle from me and all these kids were coming up asking for pictures. I approached him when he was hanging with the Boeheim boys because I used to work in Columbus, where he is from. We chatted and I asked him for a picture. Young Jimmy is the one that took the picture.

Was he playing the violin, collecting tips.
I kid. I kid.

Was he playing the violin, collecting tips.
I kid. I kid.
Good because if he had that would probably be a NCAA violation by him. The fact that they are not able to earn pocket money in innocuous ways, as virtually every other college student can, is infuriating. If a kid comes from a reasonably middle class or better family, they presumably get money for snacks and other things typical college students want and need. If their family is poor, then they have to depend on NCAA approved largess for when dining halls are closed, like what had been up until recently bagels sans cream cheese or any other kind of spread to put on them. Dry bagels. Yum yum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom