I know it’s early | Syracusefan.com

I know it’s early

CuseMan4

Starter
But officially put me on the not sold on RED train. Obviously it’s very early but extremely concerning what I’ve seen so far.

Since game 1, the team has looked ill prepared, lethargic, no resemblance or rhythm on offense and defense our guys have zero clue what they are doing half the time. Missed switches, open guys, not getting back on defense. Our offense looks rushed, so much one on one and non disciplined shot taking. Honestly horrendous.

Missed free throws, excessive turnovers and the team can’t rebound for their life. The rotation has been a mess. Red should have had a pretty good idea of a tight rotation going into yesterday. That he did not. Been a pretty rough start for Red and consider me less than impressed. Just horrible basketball

But officially put me on the not sold on RED train. Obviously it’s very early but extremely concerning what I’ve seen so far.

Since game 1, the team has looked ill prepared, lethargic, no resemblance or rhythm on offense and defense our guys have zero clue what they are doing half the time. Missed switches, open guys, not getting back on defense. Our offense looks rushed, so much one on one and non disciplined shot taking. Honestly horrendous.

Missed free throws, excessive turnovers and the team can’t rebound for their life. The rotation has been a mess. Red should have had a pretty good idea of a tight rotation going into yesterday. That he did not. Been a pretty rough start for Red and consider me less than impressed. Just horrible basketball
LOL at this hot take a mere 4.5 games into the season for a brand new coach with a young basketball team.

LOL at this hot take a mere 4.5 games into the season for a brand new coach with a young basketball team.
I mean like I said it’s early. But of those points I made what exactly can you disagree with? You feel like we are actually heading in a better direction with this program? You feel confident in what you have seen in any game yet this year? I’m just curious from a different perspective

I mean like I said it’s early. But of those points I made what exactly can you disagree with? You feel like we are actually heading in a better direction with this program? You feel confident in what you have seen in any game yet this year? I’m just curious from a different perspective
A decade of garbage basketball, poor recruiting and bad roster management isn’t going to be solved in the first two weeks of playing under a new coach. This team will have growing pains. Our ceiling is figuring out a way to make the Dance. We always knew Maui was going to be a major challenge this early in the season.

If we’re 5 games below .500 in mid February fans can be critical all they want. It will take time for Red to turn this team around. He’s going to have at least 2 to 3 years to get it turned around unless he puts up a disastrous record. You might as well give him and the team support.

Its funny how much better Joe gets on this board with every half JJ plays. 99% of this board couldn't wait to send Joe packing.
JJ is not the major problem. Sure he needs to play better but JJ is better than Joe. JJ is a plus defender, plus rebounder, better at getting into the paint, he’s just not finishing right now around the basket. He’ll get that fixed. JJ is definitely not a very good shooter which Joe obviously is but JJ is all around much better than Joe. We have a lot bigger problems than JJ. But I get what you see

The argument that we had to hire in-house because that's what UNC and Duke did... never made any sense to me. Duke and UNC were in good shape. We weren't.

JJ is not the major problem. Sure he needs to play better but JJ is better than Joe. JJ is a plus defender, plus rebounder, better at getting into the paint, he’s just not finishing right now around the basket. He’ll get that fixed. JJ is definitely not a very good shooter which Joe obviously is but JJ is all around much better than Joe. We have a lot bigger problems than JJ. But I get what you see
He is not a good defender on the ball or off.

stop with the young crap. every team is young.
The guys shredding us from Gonzaga are a grad student (5th year), a redshirt junior (4th year) and a junior (3rd year).

Our collective roster has played barely over 1 full year of college basketball. We have zero seniors. Benny is our most experienced guy (says a lot).

I’ll accept your apology at a later date of your choosing.

I know that a decade of crap basketball won’t be corrected in a month by a brand new coach. I have realistic expectations. This roster has flaws. I’m hoping they can figure out a system that works for them, but it’s tough to do vs Tenn and Gonzaga.

I want to see how they look in conference play, doesn't mean we can't be frustrated by this week.

I def agree that we miss Jesse, but I think we all knew that was going to be the case coming into the season.

Definitely also agree that Starling can be a good defender for us, but I don't see the fit with him and Judah. I think Red needs to get creative with the minutes at the guard spots to maximize the play from there.

JJ is not better than Joe, that’s just insane.

I'm sorry, but JJ is not better than Girard. Just because someone is faster and in better shape does not make them a better basketball player. I realize that will piss people off here, but those are the facts right now.

Last edited:
Insane.

If you take SU's winning percentage the past decade and extrapolated it for the lifetime of the program, you'd have the 7th winning basketball team of all time.
LOL. I’ll take useless made up update stats that mean nothing for $1000, Alex

Also, our tenth season going back from this season gets you to 2014-15.

Insane.

If you take SU's winning percentage the past decade and extrapolated it for the lifetime of the program, you'd have the 7th winning basketball team of all time.
Hahhaahhahahaahha

That's all true

think the current product is an indictment on how far Boeheim let the program fall recently. What Red has done so far has the program heading back in the right direction. Even if Red turns out to be a good coach, it's going to take him a couple year to get us back to where we used to be given how far we've fallen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom