I know it’s early | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I know it’s early

We have a few juniors…a bunch of sophomores. This is not a young

But officially put me on the not sold on RED train. Obviously it’s very early but extremely concerning what I’ve seen so far.

Since game 1, the team has looked ill prepared, lethargic, no resemblance or rhythm on offense and defense our guys have zero clue what they are doing half the time. Missed switches, open guys, not getting back on defense. Our offense looks rushed, so much one on one and non disciplined shot taking. Honestly horrendous.

Missed free throws, excessive turnovers and the team can’t rebound for their life. The rotation has been a mess. Red should have had a pretty good idea of a tight rotation going into yesterday. That he did not. Been a pretty rough start for Red and consider me less than impressed. Just horrible

Where were the geo and climate handicaps back when we were signing top 5 players? When we were getting top 20s?

Michigan, Michigan St., and Ohio State aren’t beach paradises but they get top football and basketball players. Top athletes from all over the country to to places like Alabama and Kentucky, not because they’re rich cultural destinations.

If our program(s) were in better shape, those factors disappear.

Tradition and stability…. Our current tradition, to the generation of players who might someday sign with us is that we don’t often play in the Tournament. That tradition is pretty stable. We have essentially the same championship tradition as Maryland, with their win coming just one year before ours. That’s to the outside world. From within our bubble, things look different.
The big East was growing wildly. TV loved it. Now everyone gets on TV. Now everyone wants immediate big time minutes. Just look at the thousand portal players every year now. Thinking nothing has changed is nuts.

Are people surprised we got waxed by two F4 caliber teams after less than 5 games running different offensive and defensive systems?
If you read the ball all summer then yes, there are a lot of people surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom