I really couldn't be any more disappointed | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I really couldn't be any more disappointed

stayed up late after the extended turkey nap last night and caught a bit of arizona/pepperdine. they seem to play at a different speed. 93/91. faster guards.

stayed up late after the extended turkey nap last night and caught a bit of arizona/pepperdine. they seem to play at a different speed. 93/91. faster guards.
Our 2008-2009 team was full of talented freshman who couldn’t play good team basketball but the speed and skill made the games entertaining.
We couldn’t play defense and lost some dumb games but they were fun.

Jonny Flynn and Scoop Jardine were young and with Flynn’s speed we were fun.

That team should have been better.
Athleticism can make up for skill but JB recruits for the zone.

lol.
A mediocre team beat us soundly and that says nothing about our team? ok
  • we don't know yet who is good, bad or mediocre
  • i was responding to your curious concern about how many points ok st might score in other games

Yeah I think Ok St will be better than people think. We got hung up on 12-20 but they did return a lot and players do improve.
OK ST will improve. thoughts on the 2020 cade cunningham commitment. made his bro proud.

Marek, Sid, Buddy, Eli are all Juniors or Seniors age wise. Eli is the only one remotely athletic or strong enough to compete at a high level.

The team has very little talent and athleticism and it shows during every game. We can’t even compete in the paint or athletically on the perimeter.
That is an awful dire assessment, do you think they will win another game?

I heard Gerry on the radio a couple nights ago calling Marek “elite”. This kid needs to step up bottom line. He’s here one game gone the next. He’s a jr with a ton of basketball under him. If he doesn’t become more assertive offensively we’re in trouble. No words for buddy either. If those 2 even played mediocre it’s a different game. Grow and move forward hopefully.

Or maybe Gerry needs to tone down the hyperbole.

Has Marek ever had a 20 point game, or a game with 10 rebounds?

He's a terrific glue guy and he plays hard, but what single skill is he "elite" at, let alone his overall game?

I cannot watch a whole Syracuse football game and now I cannot watch a whole basketball game. I'm a diehard fan since 1971.
This may be one of the worst yrs we’ve had in as long as I can remember in terms of both this basketball and football season. I was having a very bad basketball season was bound to happen at some point with the stretch we’ve had lately. You’re so young not very athletic not too much size, I’m sure I’m missing so much but I’d rather quit while I’m ahead. Next season will be much better

Not surprised. Nobody here really should be IMHO. Seen this coming a mile away with the way the least 3 or so years had played out on the court and on the recruiting trail.

That is an awful dire assessment, do you think they will win another game?

3 more non league wins. 4-5 ACC wins. 11-12 win team. Winning season streak broken.

Hope I’m wrong.

Colbey Ross, Pepperdine PG, is fantastic. Kid could play anywhere in the country.

By and large in the history of Boeheim basketball at Syracuse, you generally know what the team is by the first of the year.

This notion of "we need to give the players time to gel" applies to most programs, but historically hasn't really applied much to Boeheim's teams. One of his greatest strengths has always been getting the team playing well very early in the season. Think of the number of years where SU won pre-season tournaments... it used to be a given that we would compete right out of the gate regardless of what our roster looked like. There's a reason that Boeheim was known as "Mr. November" in the coaching ranks.

Historically, the magic number is 4, as in 4 losses prior to January 1 and most likely you're looking at a bubble season (almost every NIT year has at least 3 pre-Jan 1 losses). We rarely had that many pre-Jan 1 losses until recently. Now it's a given. But I guess that's what happens when your team winning percentage goes from nearly .750 (historically) to around to sub 0.600 (last 5+ years)...

The above post has me curious if a JB coached team here has ever had 3 losses prior to Dec. 1, let alone the 4 by Jan. 1 as mentioned?

The above post has me curious as to if a JB team here has ever had 3 losses prior to Dec. 1, let alone the 4 by Jan. 1 as mentioned?
I believe the Gillon/White year for sure we had 5.
South Carolina, UConn, Wisconsin, Georgetown, St. John’s and they we had that embarrassing loss to Boston College and fell to like 7-6? On New Year’s Day.

That team turned it around and became a bubble team but we have lost a lot of nonconference games these last 5-6 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom