I ride with Dino... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

I ride with Dino...

Dino's excuses about opt outs are a total crock of s***, the RB's that opted out both had less than 400 yards on the season, one averaged 3.9 a carry and the other 4.4, sure did not having them hurt us, yes but we weren't winning more game if we had them. Adams was an utter disappointment and take out jarveons game against duke and it was more of the same.

Who knows maybe Cooper dawson would be playing due to injuries idk but he probably wasn't cracking the two deep at the start of camp, and if we are even close to a decent team he's not getting a whole lot of playing time. So if your argument then is about injuries well every team has injuries, they have nothing to do with this being a covid season.

Read the write up on dinos radio show and tell me he isn't making every excuse in the book for himself. Opt outs had nothing to do with them sucking, how about georgia losing a 1st round QB or LSU a top 5 WR, these guys weren't even top tier ACC players.

Then Babers has the gall to say he knew what he was signing up for in coming here. He didn't take the missouri job because he knew what would happen, he's never built a program himself and missing multiple bowl games is a fireable offense.

How about him trashing ND saying the ACC has been just fine without them, who's gonna tell him you take out clemson and this is the most average league around, I wonder if he'll have that stupid emotionless look on his face when ND is dropping a 50 burger on him come saturday.

I'm not comparing just making an observation, How about Boston College or Wake, two peer schools, are they taking this year seriously?
I think the power house known as coastal carolina is taking it seriously, how about louisiana. If we didn't suck there would be no asterik, serious question but any time a team has injuries does that year just not count? Due to covid opt outs we are missing 3 players, two decent RB's but nothing special who both had under 400 carries and at best a rotational guy in dawson. Covid opt outs aren't the reason we suck.

maybe he was happy being here, it was where his wife was from, close to his home town, and had a great working relationship with his boss

if guessing from his perspective he couldn’t have had a better job
I'm saying after he was fired.

I'm not comparing just making an observation, How about Boston College or Wake, two peer schools, are they taking this year seriously?

They are using it the same way we are - to build the program. When I say "exhibition" I don't mean to not take it seriously. I mean it to play with the goal of finding out about what you have, getting kids experience, etc.

"From a team standpoint, we needed to play these games, Babers said. "We needed the growth, we needed the knowledge that these games are going to bring to us into the future.

My apologies for my comment earlier fellas. DIdnt mean to come across so harsh. No excuses but it comes out of frustration on this season .

I think we all are

I think we all are
Yup, a friend of mine who follows Syracuse moderately mentioned a article he read about the perception of Syracuse football and I went off on him like he was the one that wrote the article. I felt so bad.

I think it's possible but I'm not confident in it. He was reportedly well respected in all coaching circles yet was not immediately snatched up by a good program that could offer the off the field advantages SU lacked. Why was that?
I don’t think we really know what opportunities he had. Of course 25 years ago most teams weren’t changing coaches like socks either. P has strong local ties, I think he would have stayed as long as SU wanted to keep him.

I don’t think we really know what opportunities he had. Of course 25 years ago most teams weren’t changing coaches like socks either. P has strong local ties, I think he would have stayed as long as SU wanted to keep him.
Please look at post 330. I hate repeating myself.

Yup, a friend of mine who follows Syracuse moderately mentioned a article he read about the perception of Syracuse football and I went off on him like he was the one that wrote the article. I felt so bad.
That’s why next years burst is going to be so sweet

Well, I think that whether or not we have spring ball is very much up in the air again. And I'm not feeling too good about that, right now.

it they played the season they can have spring practices. Absurd not to.

But then again its hard not to laugh seeing the basketball benches compared to the football sideline. McNamara Autry and Griffin have to coach from the third row of the bleachers while 6 players are seated on Waverly, but 10 football coaches can stand on the sidelines with 60 players on top of each other. Considering how much sense that makes it would not surprise me to see spring football practice cancel.

it they played the season they can have spring practices. Absurd not to.

But then again its hard not to laugh seeing the basketball benches compared to the football sideline. McNamara Autry and Griffin have to coach from the third row of the bleachers while 6 players are seated on Waverly, but 10 football coaches can stand on the sidelines with 60 players on top of each other. Considering how much sense that makes it would not surprise me to see spring football practice cancel.
What I find interesting is that we have already had more positive tests on the basktball team than the football team. How is that possible?

Please look at my post from December 29, 2004. I hate repeating myself too.
I don't care what your post from 2004 says. What you said in response to mine is irrelevant since he left the area to take an assistant job as soon as he was fired.

I think we all need to light a candle breathe deeply and channel our inner Ohana.

I don't care what your post from 2004 says. What you said in response to mine is irrelevant since he left the area to take an assistant job as soon as he was fired.
359C54D1-57E1-4CFC-9937-156886C228BD.gif

Yeah. That's what people say when they lack an intelligent response.
There ya go, Sparky. I get you now. I know exactly where you’re coming from.

What I find interesting is that we have already had more positive tests on the basktball team than the football team. How is that possible?
Almost every epidemiologist says covid is more transmittable inside as apposed to outside. I’m guessing football tries to stay outside as much as possible

Almost every epidemiologist says covid is more transmittable inside as apposed to outside. I’m guessing football tries to stay outside as much as possible
But I don't think guys are getting it during practice or we'd see it spread throughout the team more. It's more likely they'e getting it outside of team activities. Are the football players just being that much more careful? I realize I'm making some assumptions.