I ride with Dino... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

I ride with Dino...

But I don't think guys are getting it during practice or we'd see it spread throughout the team more. It's more likely they'e getting it outside of team activities. Are the football players just being that much more careful? I realize I'm making some assumptions.
Yeah it’s interesting, I wonder.

It’s great that the football hasn’t had any major outbreaks and kind of makes me think that the team is still all in on Dino even during this trying season with 1 win(so far... haha)

JAB is super spreader. LOL
I know this isn't the basketball board but I've been watching these games and Boeheim never keeps the mask on and gets right in guys faces and is close to them during the timeouts. He had Covid for crying out loud.. I don't understand what gives. College football coaches are bad too. they pull the mask down to talk to players, its rampant in every college football game I watch

I know this isn't the basketball board but I've been watching these games and Boeheim never keeps the mask on and gets right in guys faces and is close to them during the timeouts. He had Covid for crying out loud.. I don't understand what gives. College football coaches are bad too. they pull the mask down to talk to players, its rampant in every college football game I watch

The rules permit that if coaches are trying to communicate something important they are allowed to remove their mask I believe.

And yes, coach had Covid, but he has now tested negative several times. He can’t spread it any longer. It’s not like people should stay away from him for the rest of his life.

The rules permit that if coaches are trying to communicate something important they are allowed to remove their mask I believe.

And yes, coach had Covid, but he has now tested negative several times. He can’t spread it any longer. It’s not like people should stay away from him for the rest of his life.
I am a huge mask advocate. Saying that, I don’t understand why coaches and players should have to wear them during games? aren’t they tested constantly, aren’t they around each other all the time? They pull them down all the time anyway. Is it just for optics?

I am a huge mask advocate. Saying that, I don’t understand why coaches and players should have to wear them during games? aren’t they tested constantly, aren’t they around each other all the time? They pull them down all the time anyway. Is it just for optics?

I agree 100% with you about this.

I think the masks work great.

I think a lot of it is optics. The announcers nkt being at games, the announcers sitting 6 feet apart if they are at the games. College game day sitting 6 feet apart.

who are we kidding, these guys are all together with each other with no masks etc once those cameras go off.

he’s had nature’s vaccine. Do you think he’s contagious for the rest of his life?

he’s had nature’s vaccine. Do you think he’s contagious for the rest of his life?
pretty sure he can still spread though if he gets it in his nose.. thats the whole point of saying people with the vaccine can still be spreaders so masks will still be around for awhile.

Now that he's recovered, he's probably the safest person to be around. It's asymptomatic unrecovered positives that are spreading it.

Not that it matters. I've seen a bunch of football and basketball coaches wearing the useless mesh masks. So many are just doing it for the optics, not because they actually care about being responsible.

Not that it matters. I've seen a bunch of football and basketball coaches wearing the useless mesh masks. So many are just doing it for the optics, not because they actually care about being responsible.

The worst is the face shield which does nothing at all.

The worst is the face shield which does nothing at all.
Actually face shields are better than mesh. When you're directly in front of someone it redirects droplets from either party so they aren't projected directly toward the face and provides eye protection. It's really more about protecting the wearer. A mask and faceshield are the best combo which is why my company suggests I wear them and why you see it in hospitals.

1607179415343.png

Don’t worry, College game day just reminded the nation that we are over a 100 yards worse in offense than the next worst team in the ACC.

oooooooof
This whole year has been a highlight reel for negatively recruiting us

Yes it is mainly optics.

Your notion that rules "permit" removing the masks to "communicate something important" makes zero sense. Why require masks in the first place then?

Your notion that rules "permit" removing the masks to "communicate something important" makes zero sense. Why require masks in the first place then?
Exactly. "So when you're breathing normally, we need you to be wearing your mask. When you need to really shout and project sound and fluids from your mouth as far as possible, you can pull it down."

Makes complete sense.

Last edited:
This feels so much like the cesspool that was the GRob years. We were saying the same thing about young players, injuries, alleged better recruiting after Grob's 1, 4. 2 and 3 win seasons