i think only way we get left out | Syracusefan.com

i think only way we get left out

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
is if we go 0-3 the rest of the way. if we beat unc or fsu we're in. 10-8 acc record will get us in, especially if they consider thats 10-5 with boeheim. if we lose both and go 1-1 in acc tourny i think we'll be in the play in round. obviously that last scenario is very dicey and we could easily be left out but i think we'd sneak in.

is if we go 0-3 the rest of the way. if we beat unc or fsu we're in. 10-8 acc record will get us in, especially if they consider thats 10-5 with boeheim. if we lose both and go 1-1 in acc tourny i think we'll be in the play in round. obviously that last scenario is very dicey and we could easily be left out but i think we'd sneak in.

I have never considered the Tuesday/Wednesday games part of the NCAA tournament. I'll generally watch the majority of those games, but I don't get as into it as I do for Thurs/Fri. I always take Thurs/Fri off and get together with friends and settle in for 12 hours of hoops on back to back days. The "opening round" or whatever they are calling it these days almost feels like a warm-up for the real thing. If we end up in one of those games, I'll obviously be very invested, but sad at the same time. Let's just rattle off some wins so that doesn't happen!

I think this is exactly what will be the case. A win tonight and we are in with room to spare. A loss tonight and win Sat. and we are in with a bye. Two losses and 1-1 in the ACCT and we are in a play in. 0-3 and we are out but with a hope depending on what the other bubble teams do. We control our own destiny which after being 10-7 is okay with me.

Syracuse needs to win a few more games to make sure its clearly in. If anyone is expecting the NCAA tourney committee to help us out your going to be very disappointed. Anytime Syracuse has been even remotely close to the bubble it has gotten screwed.

Syracuse needs to win a few more games to make sure its clearly in. If anyone is expecting the NCAA tourney committee to help us out your going to be very disappointed. Anytime Syracuse has been even remotely close to the bubble it has gotten screwed.

You, like a lot of other people here are looking at our team in a silo. Once you start looking at other teams you'll understand why we aren bubbleicious right now if we win one or 2 more.

JeremyCuse said:

07 was the only year we got screwed. Granted that was an epic historic screw job, but any of our other bubble years we were clearly on the outside looking in. I dont even think i watched the selection show in 2008, that team was clearly out.

07 was the only year we got screwed. Granted that was an epic historic screw job, but any of our other bubble years we were clearly on the outside looking in. I dont even think i watched the selection show in 2008, that team was clearly out.

Syracuse was the first 20 win BCS/Power 5 team to ever get left out of the NCAA tourney.

You, like a lot of other people here are looking at our team in a silo. Once you start looking at other teams you'll understand why we aren bubbleicious right now if we win one or 2 more.

That's why said we need to win more games, if we go 0-3 or even 1-4 were probably not getting in.

There's no way we can go 1-4.

I really think people are getting worked up with the "SU gets screwed on the bubble" angle. It was one year.

I mean winning only one of the next four games, ie losing to UNC, FSU, winning 1st round game in ACC tourney and then losing next round. 1-3 would have been a better description. Winning at FSU and 1st round of the ACC tourney will end this discussion. I certainly wouldn't call it "getting worked up", we have a history of getting less then great draws from the NCAA.

Syracuse was the first 20 win BCS/Power 5 team to ever get left out of the NCAA tourney.

That was a big screw job for sure. Don't see it happening this year. If we win one more (league or ACCT) I believe we will be in with at least 20/10. I don't worry about seeding or possible opponents going forward, we gotta beat them all anyway. Just need to get in ;)

SU has to show SOMETHING at the end of the season in order to get in the NCAA' s, and consistently as a group if we want to get far. I hope our seniors show well and especially hope we get good matchups. Right now there are just too many teams that can beat us. On the flip side, there are a lot of teams we can beat as well. Do we finish strong or fade in the stretch?

I mean winning only one of the next four games, ie losing to UNC, FSU, winning 1st round game in ACC tourney and then losing next round. 1-3 would have been a better description. Winning at FSU and 1st round of the ACC tourney will end this discussion. I certainly wouldn't call it "getting worked up", we have a history of getting less then great draws from the NCAA.

1 out of 3 and we're all good, probably even as a single digit seed. These other teams just don't have a lot going for them.

Do we have a history of getting less than great draws? Or do we just remember the times it worked against us and forget the times it worked in our favor? (like playing Oklahoma in Albany)

Hopefully I dont bump this in a couple of weeks :)

Bring it on, my worst recent call right now is probably saying the Knicks had a shot at the playoffs like three weeks ago. Nothing gonna top that.

Exactly. I was just thinking about that year. We beat G-Town on senior night (JT III had his team out on the Court to respect our seniors that night which was classy) which everyone thought punched our ticket. We end up 10-6 in the Big East. Then, in a game NO ONE thought we needed to win, we go ahead and pound UConn in the BET anyway and we still are left out.

People forget their are 3 extra at-large berths.

We have to be one of the best 37 at-large teams not one of the best 34 at-large teams.

Our fanbase is paranoid over 2007 but that year we didn't play road games in non-conference and had multiple home losses that killed us one to Drexel one to a Missouri Valley team and we killed ourselves.

2008 we lost our play-in game to Villanova and were a miracle Georgia SEC title from making it.

dark period for sure.

I was so pissed at the 07 screwjob, and depressed with the 08 season, that during NCAA tourney games in 08 I watched Super Bowl XLII that I had DVRed in its stead.

thank you Eli.

Thank you David Tyree.

I don't have that high to fall back on this year.

they better get in and they better beat fla st and win at least 1 in ACCT.

ill be nervous still, but wont be too scared.

Syracuse has one more conference loss than Duke and beat Duke on their floor. Duke will be a 4 seed and Syracuse on the bubble ... SMH.

People forget their are 3 extra at-large berths.

We have to be one of the best 37 at-large teams not one of the best 34 at-large teams.

Our fanbase is paranoid over 2007 but that year we didn't play road games in non-conference and had multiple home losses that killed us one to Drexel one to a Missouri Valley team and we killed ourselves.

2008 we lost our play-in game to Villanova and were a miracle Georgia SEC title from making it.
I think that is important to note. After losing to Nova in the BET, few if any of us believed we would be in. Yet, if what has been said is true, we would have gotten in had it not been for that UGA run. I wonder if that was in some ways going to be a give back from the Committee for what they did in 2007. Maybe we can cash that in this year if we need to since we didn't get to use it in 2008.

sabach said:
Exactly. I was just thinking about that year. We beat G-Town on senior night (JT III had his team out on the Court to respect our seniors that night which was classy) which everyone thought punched our ticket. We end up 10-6 in the Big East. Then, in a game NO ONE thought we needed to win, we go ahead and pound UConn in the BET anyway and we still are left out.

Before the uconn bet game i remember telling my friend "i dont know if theyre a lock already or need to beat uconn to be a lock". After we beat up uconn there was literally no doubt we were in.

Then 2 of the last at large teams that got in over us (arkansas and stanford i think) both got waxed in their tourny game. Good times.

Before the uconn bet game i remember telling my friend "i dont know if theyre a lock already or need to beat uconn to be a lock". After we beat up uconn there was literally no doubt we were in.

Then 2 of the last at large teams that got in over us (arkansas and stanford i think) both got waxed in their tourny game. Good times.

Louisville 78
Stanford 58

USC 77
Arkansas 60

Stanford did not even show up for their tourney game. I think they played Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom