i think only way we get left out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i think only way we get left out

I think that is important to note. After losing to Nova in the BET, few if any of us believed we would be in. Yet, if what has been said is true, we would have gotten in had it not been for that UGA run. I wonder if that was in some ways going to be a give back from the Committee for what they did in 2007. Maybe we can cash that in this year if we need to since we didn't get to use it in 2008.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/17/AR2008031701512.html

Interestingly, neither Virginia Tech nor VCU would have made the field if Georgia had not won the SEC tournament. The team the Bulldogs knocked off the board was Syracuse -- perhaps the committee was trying to pay Jim Boeheim back for leaving him out last year

sabach said:
It was Louisville. My God, I can't remember my kids' name but I can remember who Stanford lost to in the 2007 NCAAT after getting our bid.:(

Haha i remember sitting at work that day checking out scores and just getting enraged seeing that score. I wish i could see some of the stuff posted on the board, i remember going off lol

That Stanford team had the Lopez brothers and barely made the tournament. Trent Johnson wasted them.

I remember that Louisville team they destroyed Stanford in a noon Thursday game I watched it on my laptop in a Con Law class. Then they got knocked out in a crazy ending by Texas A&M and Acie Law IV in the next round.

When I hit info on my remote on today's game, the preview says it is, "a crucial game for the Orange, who are sitting squarely on the NCAA Tournament bubble."

I mean winning only one of the next four games, ie losing to UNC, FSU, winning 1st round game in ACC tourney and then losing next round. 1-3 would have been a better description. Winning at FSU and 1st round of the ACC tourney will end this discussion. I certainly wouldn't call it "getting worked up", we have a history of getting less then great draws from the NCAA.
I agree 100% with that scenario. Beat FSU and win one game in the ACC tournament and we're in. Go 1-3 from here and we are definitely on the bubble and it all depends on how other bubble teams do. 0-3 and good-by NCAA, hello NIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom