i think we get in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i think we get in

If Alabama doesn't win SEC tournament, it will have 15 losses! No one sane will give them a bid to big dance.
Not so fast, my friend. :)

Bama will be very interesting. Yes, they have 15 losses, but Q1+Q2 they are 11-12, where SU is 7-11. High SOS (#3) vs. SU (18). This will tell us a lot about what the committee values.

If Alabama doesn't win SEC tournament, it will have 15 losses! No one sane will give them a bid to big dance.

Even with their number of good wins, you bring up a good point. I think this season is likely to be an excellent one to test what makes the committee tick, and to use as a judgment for future seasons. Ive seen the good wins argument, and am asking folks if there is any cut off line for losses at all, if you have the good wins? Certainly, our bad losses were a concern last season, so are we certain we can rule out number of losses?

i think we still have a shot. SOS number is our best friend and the bubble seems weak.

If Colin Sexton doesn't make the tournament I'll be absolutely floored. Dude has hyped himself to a 9 seed on ESPN. Bama could declare Sexton is going 1 on 5 in the tourney and they'd still get in easily.

Our numbers are pretty good this year.other than conference record.

Alabama has a ton of Q1/2 and very high SOS numbers. They are locked in. Plus they beat Oklahoma back before OU really struggled. Doesn’t matter with their record. The SEC is basically tied for 3rd with ACC in Conference RPI so the league is solid.

The committee always said that out of conference scheduling was important. What does Syracuse do? They up their non conference SOS to 13 and go 11-2. They are one missed layup away from being 12-1 with again the 13th best NC SOS in the country. The committee also says win on the road/neutral courts. What does Syracuse do? They go out and go 6-8. I think if you are looking at the total body of work, they fit the bill.

So if none of SU / ville/ or ND gets in , what does that say about the perceived strength of the ACC ?

ACC Basketball is like SEC Football - Everybody knows it's the best conference almost every year regardless of the league they hype that particular season.

That doesn't mean the Selection Committee puts us in though. I feel like we kind of lost any consideration after the loss to BC. Gave ourselves a second chance with the Clemson/Wake wins and then proceeded to get smacked around by UNC.

Not sweating on Selection Sunday at all. NIT it will be.

So if none of SU / ville/ or ND gets in , what does that say about the perceived strength of the ACC ?

That’s what I’ve been thinking for a week now. All three out. I mean it’s tied for third with SEC in conference RPI. It’s decent but a lot of meh. A few lousy teams in Pitt/Wake/GT. FSU has been in a freefall. They also lost to Oklahoma St. in the nonconference.

Bad loss= any loss of a big name team to a small name team .. completely lazy analysis ... and completely expected from regurgitant talking heads

It's like this scene from Silicon Valley but with a CBB theme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom