I thought I would never see the day where Lady Gaga had | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I thought I would never see the day where Lady Gaga had

Never understood the lip-syncing thing. Sucks for a performance, but even very legitimate musicians were lip-syncing as far back as the American Bandstand/Soul Train days.

Anthem singers at the Super Bowl haven't lip synced since Whitney Houston did.

Yes, the anthem that everyone claims as the greatest performance ever, was lip synced.

Say what you will about Lady Gaga, but the woman is a first-rate singer. And in terms of her public persona, her progression reminds me a lot of Elton John. Remember when he used to dress up as Donald Duck and wear those outrageous sunglasses to get attention? Then after he was established he dropped that schtick. She's done a similar thing.

OrangeCrush22 said:
I didn't like it. And she was lip-syncing anyway.
She most certainly was singing to a music track, but a few pitchy notes confirms her live vocals.

She most certainly was singing to a music track, but a few pitchy notes confirms her live vocals.

Yeah I don't think she was lip syncing, I have never listened to any of her music and most likely never will but wow what a voice on Ms Gaga. Exceptional.

Yeah I don't think she was lip syncing, I have never listened to any of her music and most likely never will but wow what a voice on Ms Gaga. Exceptional.

Agreed on both counts. I think people are mistaking her singing [live] to a pre-recorded track as being lip syncing.

Anthem singers at the Super Bowl haven't lip synced since Whitney Houston did.

Yes, the anthem that everyone claims as the greatest performance ever, was lip synced.

Say what you will about Lady Gaga, but the woman is a first-rate singer. And in terms of her public persona, her progression reminds me a lot of Elton John. Remember when he used to dress up as Donald Duck and wear those outrageous sunglasses to get attention? Then after he was established he dropped that schtick. She's done a similar thing.
she's amazing. she can do anything she wants. sound of music? ok, i'll sound better than julie andrews.

their version reminded me of the ken burns baseball soundtrack. no bombastic bullsh!t, just a spare piano part that supported her perfectly

my favorite anthem is still branford marsalis and bruce hornsby at some old nba all star game.

Agreed on both counts. I think people are mistaking her singing [live] to a pre-recorded track as being lip syncing.
I think Lady Gaga is great but her vocals were definitely pre-recorded. Which I don't care - it was still fantastic.

I think Lady Gaga is great but her vocals were definitely pre-recorded. Which I don't care - it was still fantastic.
i get not being able to have a whole band sound playing live when you're setting them up and tearing down in seconds. but with her and just a piano, they could've pulled it off live. most of the time you see a big old grand piano in a stadium or arena, it's just a digital piano in a fancy grand piano looking case. plug and play. i'm sure the NFL is so uptight, they can't bear any risk at all

she's amazing. she can do anything she wants. sound of music? ok, i'll sound better than julie andrews.

their version reminded me of the ken burns baseball soundtrack. no bombastic bullsh!t, just a spare piano part that supported her perfectly

my favorite anthem is still branford marsalis and bruce hornsby at some old nba all star game.
Marvin Gaye did the greatest Anthem ever at a NBA All Star game, i think at the old LA Forum.

Millhouse said:
she's amazing. she can do anything she wants. sound of music? ok, i'll sound better than julie andrews. their version reminded me of the ken burns baseball soundtrack. no bombastic bullsh!t, just a spare piano part that supported her perfectly my favorite anthem is still branford marsalis and bruce hornsby at some old nba all star game.

Marsalis and Hornsby played at ripkens streak breaker game, and intentionally skipped the "o" note to give the crowd the opportunity to do their thing. Very well done I agree

She was excellent. I have some serious opera singer colleagues and they thought she killed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom