"I went to Syracuse and it was like paradise" | Syracusefan.com

"I went to Syracuse and it was like paradise"

I love Wes.

I 100% understand JB's reluctance to take transfers in general, but what a godsend that guy was. We were privileged to have him be a part of the program, even for just that one year of play.

Easy guy to root for.

I love Wes.

I 100% understand JB's reluctance to take transfers in general, but what a godsend that guy was. We were privileged to have him be a part of the program, even for just that one year of play.

Easy guy to root for.

Absolutely. And imagine if he hadn't been injured for a third of the year. Probably would've beaten Louisville in February, and he'd have put up some incredible numbers.

I would have killed to have him stay one more year...

I love Wes.

Easy guy to root for.

..and actually was part of the program for 2 years. I'm sure his presence in practice helped the progress of other players in the program that year.

I would have killed to have him stay one more year...

Now there's a "what if" that we haven't seen before.

Fab with the token start at the five, Jackson at the four (moving to play the post for much of the game), Wes at the three (able to play a lot of four against small teams), Triche/Scoop starting, Joseph as instant-offense off the bench?

I like that a lot. Much better rebounding. Less pressure on Fab. Joseph always did better when he wasn't the focal point; a healthy and experienced Wes (hey, maybe even one who could dribble in the half-court and cover his wing in the zone) could have put up a Billy Owens -like season.

Wes definitely could've been the difference between 27-8 and upset and something like 32-5 and in the Final Four in 2011.

Here's the whole press conference if anyone wanted to watch it. It runs 12:02, with the Syracuse mention coming at 5:06. I must say, he's easily one of the more likeable guys we've had play here. Definitely one of my all-time Orange favorites, even if he only played one year for Syracuse (two if you count the year he sat out). I already got tickets to see him play on the road this year. Looking forward to seeing him live again!

I love Wes.

Easy guy to root for.

Let's see:
1. Classy kid
2. Good person
3. Great player

Yep, I'll take that all day long. #1 and #2 are too often undervalued (or underdelivered).

44cuse

also disappeared when it mattered most..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom