Idea for making big money | Syracusefan.com

Idea for making big money

Raggs

Walk On
Ok. I stumbled on this at a bar last weekend but it is a sure thing.

Person at Bar: I just hope we kick Georgetowns Ass. Ever since they "Closed Manley Field House" in the last SU basketball game played there I hate them.

Me: Well actually, George Washington was the last team we played at Manley.

Person at Bar: Dude you are a dumb ass. It was GEORGETOWN not GW.

Me: I'll bet you 50 bucks.

Person at Bar: I hope you have it because you're on Dumb Ass(he had a limited vocabulary)

Me (after google search): Thanks for the 50.

I honestly think this bet would work almost every time. You could makemsome serious cash because every casual SU fan is convinced it was Georgetown. I only request 10 percent of your winnings when you use this.

Yup. Preseason NIT. Overtime loss, no?

Ok. I stumbled on this at a bar last weekend but it is a sure thing.

Person at Bar: I just hope we kick Georgetowns Ass. Ever since they "Closed Manley Field House" in the last SU basketball game played there I hate them.

Me: Well actually, George Washington was the last team we played at Manley.

Person at Bar: Dude you are a dumb ass. It was GEORGETOWN not GW.

Me: I'll bet you 50 bucks.

Person at Bar: I hope you have it because you're on Dumb Ass(he had a limited vocabulary)

Me (after google search): Thanks for the 50.

I honestly think this bet would work almost every time. You could makemsome serious cash because every casual SU fan is convinced it was Georgetown. I only request 10 percent of your winnings when you use this.

Ha well done RR.

That was the Michael Lloyd show, right?

Yea he banked in a shot at the end of regulation to tie it. Another good trivia question was who did the color for that game which the answer is Dickie V.

Yea he banked in a shot at the end of regulation to tie it. Another good trivia question was who did the color for that game which the answer is Dickie V.
I was there. I will never forget Lloyd making that shot. The place went nuts. The dome is great, but Manley could get so loud. Great time (until we lost in overtime).

Booooo! Fan trivia should never include questions that require you not be at the game to know the answers!

I remember being a few steps from the exit at the end of regulation, disgusted with the game but willing to watch with one foot out the door, then Lloyd hit that shot and prolonged the misery.

Lloyd wasn't a half-bad player IIRC, only played one year but can't remember why. I oft get the Michael, Greg, and Rock Lloyd's confused. Call that period The Dark Ages of the Boeheim era.

I was there. I will never forget Lloyd making that shot. The place went nuts. The dome is great, but Manley could get so loud. Great time (until we lost in overtime).
I was there too. The Lloyd shot was great, but the other thing I will never forget is all of the people who had left running back into the building when Syracuse started to come back. It was such a huge let down to lose that game in OT.
Other little bit of Trivia. I am pretty sure GW's coach was Mike Jarvis. He had probably had better teams with GW than he did with SJU.

Booooo! Fan trivia should never include questions that require you not be at the game to know the answers!

I was at the game. I was taping every game back then and watched it when I got home (although I did pissed off seeng we lost that game)

I was at the game. I was taping every game back then and watched it when I got home (although I did pissed off seeng we lost that game)
Lies! TVs didn't exist back then.

I honestly couldn't even remember if VCRs were ever schedule-programmable or not... I happily dusted out my VCR shelf of the brain decades ago.

Lloyd wasn't a half-bad player IIRC, only played one year but can't remember why.
IIRC he was a McD AA who couldn't qualify, so he went to JC for two years. After his one year at SU, his name surfaced in a big bible school correspondence course scandal, calling his JC transcript into question, and he moved on.

Lies! TVs didn't exist back then.

I honestly couldn't even remember if VCRs were ever schedule-programmable or not... I happily dusted out my VCR shelf of the brain decades ago.

I used to keep the TV and VCR on when I left the house and record it on SLP which gave me 6 hours of record time

Mike Jarvis was the coach; miss that guy - he was pretty good on television, too.

Pretty sure we played an exhibition in Manley later that season. Not certain, think it might have been probation-related (something like we weren't allowed to compete before a certain date and that didn't allow for an exhibition before the Preseason NIT).

Anyway, I think it was played before few or no fans after a snowstorm shut down the area. And it was against Nigeria or some other African team?

I was there too. The Lloyd shot was great, but the other thing I will never forget is all of the people who had left running back into the building when Syracuse started to come back. It was such a huge let down to lose that game in OT.
Other little bit of Trivia. I am pretty sure GW's coach was Mike Jarvis. He had probably had better teams with GW than he did with SJU.
And that's why I remember Dickie V did the game. He ranted for quite a while about so many people leaving.

If I'm not mistaken, we should all appreciate Michael Lloyd immensely. Wasn't he a big connection to Carmelo when we first started recruiting him, or am I remembering wrong?

If I'm not mistaken, we should all appreciate Michael Lloyd immensely. Wasn't he a big connection to Carmelo when we first started recruiting him, or am I remembering wrong?
I don't know anything about the Melo connection. I always liked him because he was so good in Coach K College basketball for Sega Genesis.

You could schedule a future recording with a vcr, think u used the timer setting.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

You could schedule a future recording with a vcr, think u used the timer setting.

That's some Back to the Future type thinking Corduroy. Nice!

Still not possible. Nobody knew how to actually set the time. That's why all you ever saw was the flashing 12:00.

vcr.jpg

Mike Jarvis was the coach; miss that guy - he was pretty good on television, too.

Pretty sure we played an exhibition in Manley later that season. Not certain, think it might have been probation-related (something like we weren't allowed to compete before a certain date and that didn't allow for an exhibition before the Preseason NIT).

Anyway, I think it was played before few or no fans after a snowstorm shut down the area. And it was against Nigeria or some other African team?
Yeah, no fans were allowed at the game. I think they had the game at Manley because they had to deflate the dome roof because there was too much snow on it.

Not mistaken (at least that was what was reported in summer 2002). Lloyd said that Syracuse fans are the best and that '94-'95 was the greatest year of his life, Carmelo said "Cool, I'll wear your jersey number since my #22 is already hanging on the curtain."

So Saturday is definitely Michael Lloyd Day at the Dome.

Didn't Lloyd leave after one season? Can't remember why he left. If I recall correctly he only had two years of eligibility when he came to Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom