Ideal age of a coach? | Syracusefan.com

Ideal age of a coach?

All things being equal what's the perfect age to be as a first time HC of a P5 school?

• 30-35

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 36-40

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 41-45

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 45+

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Libero2

Hall of Fame
With all this talk of coaches being tossed around, I've noticed a wide age range of guys people are arguing about being the "ideal" candidate for them. So it got me thinking, what's the right age (according to board opinion) to give a guy his first career P5 coaching opportunity?

Poll options are a bit limited, but by all means post your response and why you feel that way. I'm curious to see what our beliefs are.

I think a lot depends on what the previous experience is. Could be late 30's, could be early 40's. :noidea:

Libero2 said:
With all this talk of coaches being tossed around, I've noticed a wide age range of guys people are arguing about being the "ideal" candidate for them. So it got me thinking, what's the right age (according to board opinion) to give a guy his first career P5 coaching opportunity? Poll options are a bit limited, but by all means post your response and why you feel that way. I'm curious to see what our beliefs are.

However old Dino Babers is.

I picked 41-45 because i like experience but if you get a youthful acting coach who is older i'm good with that too. older coaches like marv levy, pete carroll, rex ryan, had / have no issues communicating to their players.

Old enough to have ample experience, wisdom, and respect of players, young enough to relate well to those players. Early 40s?

Really any age is good if you know the game, have good coaches, and the players respect and respond well.

Old enough to be the right fit and want to be at Syracuse for a long time! Oh and hire a really good staff!