If a national power falls and no one writes about it... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If a national power falls and no one writes about it...

Don’t worry Pete Thamel, Pat Forde, Doug Gottlieb and others are getting ready to pounce.

What about the guy that wore the boa too Can't think of his name

We never reached the heights of UCLA in their prime, but the demise into irrelevancy is similar. The lack of love nationally for JB will ensure that stories will follow.

At least he owned it with that clown outfit after we won by about 50.
Seth Davis Orange.jpg

Its December people don't care about college basketball right now.

Enjoy the relative silence while it lasts. I don’t want to hear all the stories about “what’s wrong with Syracuse?” It will get old real fast.
We know JB is thin skinned and will see those stories. Maybe he makes a colossal faux pas in a presser and in today’s PC culture he could be forced to resign on the spot.

No it really isn't.

Your success over the regular season has a much. much stronger correlation as to where your program currently is, and is heading in the future, then a nice run or two in March over a handful of years.
OK I embellished here, but after the 16-1 seed loss Bennett was getting all kinds of crap for UVA bad NCAA run. I guess I should have said your not considered a really good coach unless you have success in March. as I posted before , in th mid 80s JB was chastised despite excellent regular season performances. I remember well, in fact I have 2 friends that have wanted JB gone almost since day one.

No it really isn't.

Your success over the regular season has a much. much stronger correlation as to where your program currently is, and is heading in the future, then a nice run or two in March over a handful of years.
Yeah this is common sense

I've been scanning the usual sports sites and there is no mention of Syracuse and JB being off to one of the most horrific starts in JB's illustrious career. Imagine the number of articles that would be written if Michigan State, Duke, or Kentucky started off a season like we have this year.

Folks the damage has been done... we are irrelevant on the national scene. No articles are being written because most people don't expect us to be among the elite any more. The concern now is how long it will take for us to dig ourselves out of this hole.
Michigan State is 5-3

I would say that the media doesn't spend a lot of time talking about the demise of programs before January. That is something more reserved for this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom