If Autry can recruit players like himself and those he played with | Syracusefan.com

If Autry can recruit players like himself and those he played with

swish7

All Conference
We could be in good shape.
  • John Wallace
  • Luke Jackson
  • Lawrence Moten
  • Otis Hill
  • etc
This was one of the grittiest eras of SU basketball, fighting for relevance after probation, and willing some amazing victories. I remember watching the sweet 16 at Chucks as Autry hit that shot from his knees.

Not sure Hopkins was the answer. 2 good years to start at Washington and not much since. Feels like the hot seat to me.

We could be in good shape.
  • John Wallace
  • Luke Jackson
  • Lawrence Moten
  • Otis Hill
  • etc
This was one of the grittiest eras of SU basketball, fighting for relevance after probation, and willing some amazing victories. I remember watching the sweet 16 at Chucks as Autry hit that shot from his knees.
Autry is one of my favorite players. I believe he had 0 points in the first half of that game vs Mizzou and 30 pts in the 2nd half and OT.

Not sure Hopkins was the answer. 2 good years to start at Washington and not much since. Feels like the hot seat to me.
I do not want the 'answer' be someone who was good at something like 10 years ago.

Hoping for young and hungry and innovative at all levels of Red's hiring.

Autry was an overrated guard but I hope he can bring talent in. I'm not banking on him being here long because I think it goes way farther downhill than jb ever took it. This is a very one way leaning university with one way thinking and its not about athletics anymore.

Autry was an overrated guard but I hope he can bring talent in. I'm not banking on him being here long because I think it goes way farther downhill than jb ever took it. This is a very one way leaning university with one way thinking and its not about athletics anymore.
Good grief. Pretty abysmal post.

Yeah this is so true if you just ignore all the money being spent on athletics. I think $0 has gone into the Carrier Dome or Manley Field House. They’re still calling them those names right?

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Last edited:
JB is not coming back support the program and the future

Just a terrible take by someone whose "post" to "like" ratio isn't very good.

Giving Hopkins a pillow contract for two years as associate head coach before he finds his next job could be amazing for recruiting. I've met both Autry and Hopkins, and while Red seems like a good guy, Hopkins is absolutely magnetic. You can't teach 7ft y'all and you can't teach Hopkins like charisma.

Hopkins's charisma translated very well to recruiting. Having a guy with head coaching experience beside Autry could be really helpful for his first few years as well.

Recruiting Hopkins to be his assistant would be a huge win for the program.