If Gross Can Get Agreement From a Proven Coach... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If Gross Can Get Agreement From a Proven Coach...

You are joking, right. This was sarcasm wasn't it... you cannot possibly believe that any of those coaches would think SU is a destination, except for Mack Brown who is not coaching right now.

He brought them to a 4th, 8th and 4th place finish in the BE his last 3 seasons. We were just as good as that with Marrone and Shafer last year. He's not getting us to another plateau. He's never been there.
Never said he would get us to another level.

I simply said he did a good job there.

In fact, I think the job he did is similar to the job Marrone did. Possibly a little harder since Rutgers was so bad for so long.

Last edited:
You are joking, right. This was sarcasm wasn't it... you cannot possibly believe that any of those coaches would think SU is a destination, except for Mack Brown who is not coaching right now.
Just showing a list so people can know who're coaches that might be moving around.

rrlbees said:
He brought them to a 4th, 8th and 4th place finish in the BE his last 3 seasons. We were just as good as that with Marrone and Shafer last year. He's not getting us to another plateau. He's never been there.
He's a gap toothed gibbon that blocked enough punts to get a job that he was stupid enough to take. He is a first class a hole who leaves disease and misery everywhere he goes

If the young offensive mind is worth it, then maybe he is also the next Head Coach in waiting.

rrlbees said:
What did he do at rutgirls that impressed you?

Do you recall the Rutgers program before he got there?

I mean, if I were a Michigan or Penn State, I wouldn't have wanted him but ignoring what he did to bring life to a dead program is just blind hatred.

In 2002, the thought of Rutgers finishing 3rd in the Big East seemed laughable and impossible.

Chip said:
Do you recall the Rutgers program before he got there? I mean, if I were a Michigan or Penn State, I wouldn't have wanted him but ignoring what he did to bring life to a dead program is just blind hatred. In 2002, the thought of Rutgers finishing 3rd in the Big East seemed laughable and impossible.

The life he brought to them was a middling program. Is that what we really want?

rrlbees said:
The life he brought to them was a middling program. Is that what we really want?

I was never talking about us. But if I were one of the dozen or so Rutgers fans that existed in the early 00s, I would have answered with a resounding yes.

Like him or hate him, he's the reason they sell 50k tickets and they are in the Big 10. If they were still at the old Temple level of play, all the TVs in the world wouldn't have mattered.

That is what impressed me about what he did there. Which is what I was responding to.

Chris02M said:
we already are a middling program

Exactly. And I would hope we want more. Schiano is not going to make us better because that was his ceiling. He proved that at rutgirls. A BE finish of 4th, 8th and 4th his last three doesn't cause e to say we need him like it does for a few others here.

We'd never look into him because I think we're sticking with Shafer for a while, but Chad Morris, the OC at Clemson, is gonna be the next hot assistant to become a good HC

We'd never look into him because I think we're sticking with Shafer for a while, but Chad Morris, the OC at Clemson, is gonna be the next hot assistant to become a good HC

We'd never look at him because he's going to get way better offers than us.

Also Clemson is paying him a buttload right now. I'd love it, but it's not realistic.

Suffice to say; the off-season will be most interesting. If DG does not sit down with HCSS and commit the funds to hire a decent OC for next year then both should be on the way out. If we get a proven OC or an on the rise OC and HCSS is able to keep the D solid we will be a decent ACC team. If not, the team will be digging an even bigger hole; moving us to bottom-dweller status for some time.

We'd never look at him because he's going to get way better offers than us.

Also Clemson is paying him a buttload right now. I'd love it, but it's not realistic.
Bob Diaco was an unbelievable Def Coordinator at Notre Dame and he took the uconn job. There aren't many Power 5 conference teams better than us who lose head coaches and are willing to take unproven HC's

He's a gap toothed gibbon that blocked enough punts to get a job that he was stupid enough to take. He is a first class a hole who leaves disease and misery everywhere he goes

I doubt Rutgers fans consider what he left them as disease and misery. Look at the scenes at their first two Big East games, and compare it to Rutgers Stadium before he got there. Unless they blame Schiano for Mike Rice or Julie Hermann. Because they are diseases.

The comments in this thread prove what I said last night. We need them on the schedule, sooner than later. They are clearly our #1 rival. No other school gets the reaction and volume here that they do. Not even close.

I used to not want to play them because I wanted to believe they'd go away and things would go back to normal. But they're not going anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom