If I'm BJ's dad... | Syracusefan.com

If I'm BJ's dad...

I really wanted that 3 ball near the end of the half to drop for him, it went all the way down and came back out.

Hopefully BJ can string a few games like this together early so he can show off his consistency and we can rely on him as a big contributor this season off the bench

He needs to take advantage of Gbinije not playing. If he's out for a few games Johnson could become an important contributor this year.
Gbinije = Wally Pipp?

He looked pretty strong under the rim getting after it as well. It's a good sign to see him getting in there and mixing it up.

The more you can do - the more you can stay on the court even if the shots aren't falling.

...I'm smiling ear to ear right now. Great first half. Congrats.
The kid really showed some promos. I like Paterson as well except for a couple passes to the tenth row fans/ Good ball handler and enough offensive potential to get him working hard to improve.Chris McC is probably one and out if he keeps up the production on both sides of the court

Well, Gbinije's role as 6th man is safe but if Johnson's given an opportunity to play more minutes in these early games than what was expected then he has a better chance of playing more minutes the rest of the season IF he does well now.
Yes, there was some good synchronicity going on for BJ and he took advantage. Wonderful to see! The crowd was thrilled.

Yes, there was some good synchronicity going on for BJ and he took advantage. Wonderful to see! The crowd was thrilled.
I'm very happy that Bean got it going tonight in all phases of the game. He will continue to work hard to improve. Just be ready to go when called. Of course I pointed out his flat jumpers hey I'm a dad/coach.

Syracuse basketball forward B.J. Johnson reaches career-high in points in Kennesaw win (PS: Ditota)

16343416-mmmain.jpg

I'm very happy that Bean got it going tonight in all phases of the game. He will continue to work hard to improve. Just be ready to go when called. Of course I pointed out his flat jumpers hey I'm a dad/coach.

My friend and I were texting during the game last night and both of us said, nearly simultaneously, that BJ is this team's Josh Pace. He will be an energy guy off the bench who will stuff the stat line every night. When you read the box score the next day your eyes will bug as you ask "he did all THAT?". It was a quiet "all that" but yes he did.

This team will score bunches when TRobe and C-Mac settle down and start hitting those short hooks and banks. They must have missed 15 really good looks between them in the first half last night. Clearly the two best ALL AROUND young forwards we have had in a awhile. Jerami didn't have the moves Robe does.

If BJ keeps active and finds his spots on the floor offensively (with help from picks as well) he'll be fine. Can't get frustrated and stop moving and working plus nice to see him attack the tin. What will help is when Rak knows where the shooters are when he gets doubled and gets it there quickly. If this team can go from Rak to X to Y to Z quickly there will be an open shot for at least one of those guys and with BJ's touch/size he should be able to take advantage of this.

That's right. Who knows how many minutes he might have played if Gbinije [for example] hadn't had to sit out?

But when your number gets called, you have to be ready. And BJ capitalized on the extra PT last night.

More importantly--people have to keep in mind that this is a kid who barely played last year. He barely played in the first exhibition game. So he needs as much PT as he can get just to get his feet wet and get comfortable. But there is no doubt in my mind--skinny though he might be--that BJ can be a factor as a bench scorer on this team.

He's going to lead us in scoring one day--mark it down. But this year, he can be a super scoring sub off the bench if he figures some things out.

No doubt , Coach doesn't give much slack to prove yourself early in a kids first couple of years for rotation time . Also heard from an insider that the Coach is going to install his old knee defense . BJ would be a great spark off the bench .

"On Friday, he siphoned minutes usually reserved for Mike Gbinije, who was suspended for the Kennesaw game for undisclosed reasons. Johnson tipped in missed shots by Tyler Roberson and Chris McCullough. He drained consecutive 3-point shots. He found Christmas with a lob pass, drove the baseline and converted."

Starting to smell like "8 deep" :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom