If it is found James cheated... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If it is found James cheated...

Couldn't agree more as long as he's judge as a student and not as an athlete, which can sometimes be prejudicial.

Unfortunately for James, because the team may suffer adverse consequences for playing him, he finds himself in the unfair position of being guilty until proven innocent.

Here where I teach, if you plagiarize you are expelled from the school. Doesn't matter if it's caught a year or two years later. I'm assuming SU has the same standard. Yes it sucks the NCAA dug around and found an anomaly from a year ago (I assume). This wouldn't have happened if the basketball team had it's collective in order and didn't completely up the Fab thing. Don't blame the school for having to deliberate on something which most professors take as a serious matter, blame the basketball team for not overseeing their "student" athletes well enough.

My GF is a prof at a pretty highly ranked school and I'll confirm this, but I don't think a single student she's caught plagiarizing has ever been expelled. I think the cases have to be pretty egregious before it even reaches the level where that's on the table. Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said, I'll follow up. Haven't really discussed it in awhile w/ her.

Wow...I think this is stunningly cynical. Yes, life isn't fair. But that does not mitigate the fact that cheating in school, business, life in general is wrong. Go for it, but don't bitch when you get caught. And don't bitch when it doesn't go your way. You can't have it both ways.

I agree, but you don't bitch either way; you accept it as a part of life...no sense whining over what you can't control.

I'm curious, SJUBall, instead of Senior Day does SJU hold a canonization ceremony for its graduating student-athletes?

I'm curious, SJUBall, instead of Senior Day does SJU hold a canonization ceremony for its graduating student-athletes?

Not much sense arguing with the guy, everyone knows we can't recruit the same type "Rhodes Scholars" Steve Lavin goes after.

Why? I agree with him. I have no vested interest in James' academic career - but I do in his athletic career. Whether or not he cheated/graduates is immaterial to me as a basketball fan. Corduroy is simple looking at this in the most pragmatic of perspectives.

All this ethical/egalitarian crap is silly. Life isn't fair; people will cheat at every aspect of life to get ahead, and most of them get away with it. It's a lesson I learned at a very young age.
I haven't cheated and I've made more than a million. What about you Mr. cheater? Some people appreciate integrity. Trust me, my sweetie would never take a sniff at you.

I've already had at least two very reasonable posts deleted by moderators, so I don't expect this one to make it. Amazing how things disappear like that. Guess mods here don't want me to post a controversial point of view since nothing I posted was questionable any way. Just think Sutherland will make it regardless. "Rhodes scholars"?? Cuse has some of the worst grad rates in basketball. SJU has not had the same issues.

I've already had at least two very reasonable posts deleted by moderators, so I don't expect this one to make it. Amazing how things disappear like that. Guess mods here don't want me to post a controversial point of view since nothing I posted was questionable any way. Just think Sutherland will make it regardless.
Fair enough. Good luck on Sunday. You'll need it, regardless of whether we have #43.

Fair enough. Good luck on Sunday. You'll need it, regardless of whether we have #43.

Fwiw, I'm in favor of SJU paying Cuse for the foreseeable future. Most SJU fans are not. I think the matchup is great and will be a ton better than the pre-Lavin days. I think this weekend will be interesting as well.

We took a risk with JS. He went to a fake HS and was probably unprepared for college.

"Rhodes scholars"?? Cuse has some of the worst grad rates in basketball. SJU has not had the same issues.

The case could be made that if you didn't recruit the same type player we do, you couldn't compete with us. But you do and you can't.

Fwiw, I'm in favor of SJU paying Cuse for the foreseeable future. Most SJU fans are not. I think the matchup is great and will be a ton better than the pre-Lavin days. I think this weekend will be interesting as well.
Bro you lost one of the best players in NYC and your top target to friggin Cincinnati. Get out.

The case could be made that if you didn't recruit the same type player we do, you couldn't compete with us. But you do and you can't.

Huh? We have had good grad rates. Only guy at SJU who didn't qualify was Norvel Pelle who is still trying at other schools. Besides that, every SJU recruit made it to SJU except Orlando Sanchez who was cleared initially, but nobody knows why he was not finally cleared. Still a mystery. Not a grade issue.

Huh? We have had good grad rates. Only guy at SJU who didn't qualify was Norvel Pelle who is still trying at other schools. Besides that, every SJU recruit made it to SJU except Orlando Sanchez who was cleared initially, but nobody knows why he was not finally cleared. Still a mystery. Not a grade issue.
A mystery and you can't solve it? Based on your other posts, I thought you had all the answers.

Not happy about that. Truth is that Lavin cancelled Lawrence's recent visit. Lawrence has a "handler" named Alexes Hargrove who apparently has some very "specific" demands as to Lawrence's recruitment. See Zags, Braziller's and others tweets as to these issues. Lawrence's mom and dad wanted SJU. Hargrove is the one that steered him to the NJ school from Cardozo and from everything I've heard is big trouble. As much as I like Lawrence, I'm ok with moving on. I just hope Lavs has other options.

A mystery and you can't solve it? Based on your other posts, I thought you had all the answers.

I don't have the answers. My magic 8-ball tells me Southerland will be cleared. Care to differ?

Oh, I have such little patience for dopes like you. Name another school that was a 1 seed and ruled their center ineligible to play? Or a season later have a player have this happen? UConn and us have carried you and the other Catholic schools (speaking of cover ups) for decades. The free lunch is over for you sorry P.O.S.. Do you guys even have a board? And of course the majority wouldn't want to play us again. You must be tired of getting drilled by us. Lavin has been at SJU 3 years. You are currently 0-3. Expect it to continue Sunday, with or without james. Now get lost.

Does it burn you, SJUBall, we have Chris McCullough lined up? What's your excuse for not netting him?

My point was, you recruit the same type player we do. Do you think Lavin would have turned down Southerland or Fab Melo? If they can get into SU they can get accepted at SJU. We are both BE schools for the moment, not Ivy League. I may be wrong but I don't think SJU admissions standards are any more rigorous than SU's.. Link

I don't have the answers. My magic 8-ball tells me Southerland will be cleared. Care to differ?
I'd only be giving my opinion and since I'm not privy to the facts, I will watch and see what happens.

Not happy about that. Truth is that Lavin cancelled Lawrence's recent visit. Lawrence has a "handler" named Alexes Hargrove who apparently has some very "specific" demands as to Lawrence's recruitment. See Zags, Braziller's and others tweets as to these issues. Lawrence's mom and dad wanted SJU. Hargrove is the one that steered him to the NJ school from Cardozo and from everything I've heard is big trouble. As much as I like Lawrence, I'm ok with moving on. I just hope Lavs has other options.
Yea we missed on him as well. Oh wait, we got Tyler Roberson even better!

Oh, I have such little patience for dopes like you. Name another school that was a 1 seed and ruled their center ineligible to play? Or a season later have a player have this happen? UConn and us have carried you and the other Catholic schools (speaking of cover ups) for decades. The free lunch is over for you sorry P.O.S.. Do you guys even have a board? And of course the majority wouldn't want to play us again. You must be tired of getting drilled by us. Lavin has been at SJU 3 years. You are currently 0-3. Expect it to continue Sunday, with or without james. Now get lost.

Boeheim was absolutely begging Lavin and SJU AD for a home and home, not SJU. Fwiw, melo should never have been eligible to play, nonetheless eligible. Free lunch? Syracuse would be playing in the snow if Hugh Carey (a SJU grad), didn't earmark state dollars to build the Carrier Dome.

I give much respect to Syracuse basketbsll tradition. You guys have owned us. No doubt. I just don't respect Syracuse tradition of scamming to get their athletes cleared. Time will tell if I'm correct. Btw, you mean WITH James.

Boeheim was absolutely begging Lavin and SJU AD for a home and home, not SJU. Fwiw, melo should never have been eligible to play, nonetheless eligible. Free lunch? Syracuse would be playing in the snow if Hugh Carey (a SJU grad), didn't earmark state dollars to build the Carrier Dome.

I give much respect to Syracuse basketbsll tradition. You guys have owned us. No doubt. I just don't respect Syracuse tradition of scamming to get their athletes cleared. Time will tell if I'm correct. Btw, you mean WITH James.
A home and home meaning 2 home games for us?