if marrone wasnt exorange | Syracusefan.com

if marrone wasnt exorange

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosconey

All Conference
would he still have this undying support?

i doubt it-

but since he is he can do no wrong according to some-

Seriouls you need to getA life and come down to the real world. These threads are outragious

i doubt it-

Dude, you have officially entered into broken record territory, and are now speeding towards troll status.

If you hate the coach so much, why don't you just consider rooting for another team and spare yourself the misery that following and rooting for this regime is apparently causing you?

again guys who think marrone can do no wrong because he is a exorange-

why should i root for another team-because i dont get in line and follow you?

been a orangeman fan for 47 years-and the way marrone finished of this season added in with his recruiting and im not a happy camper and have EVERY right to be

btw broken records are the guys who refuse to remove the orange colored goggles and see reality for what it is

I don't know about undying, but he deserves support.

Got the team to a bowl in year 2 -- remarkable over-achievement considering his starting point.
Slipped in November of year 3, but the talent was flawed (LBs, lack of play-makers).

Recruiting -- soft finish maybe, but positives as well. This is the crucial area -- needs to continue to show that he is creating a positive atmosphere that draws recruits and parents to the program, that each year's class is stronger than the one before. It is the overall progression that counts -- of course, there will be disappointments (decommits or whiffs) along the path.

again guys who think marrone can do no wrong because he is a exorange-

why should i root for another team-because i dont get in line and follow you?

been a orangeman fan for 47 years-and the way marrone finished of this season added in with his recruiting and im not a happy camper and have EVERY right to be

btw broken records are the guys who refuse to remove the orange colored goggles and see reality for what it is
Okay, buddy. Bash on to your heart's desire.

I'll just say this, though. It's not about wearing "orange colored goggles," it's about recognizing that Marrone inherited an absolute mess and it takes time to clean up a mess. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Syracuse. Anybody who's ever tried to accomplish anything in life is bound to make mistakes and have setbacks along the way. DM is not immune to that.

Thank God for those who want the program, not DM in particular but the program overall, to succeed that Dr. Gross and the higher-ups recognize this fact and won't act with your level of impatience.

I don't know about undying, but he deserves support.

Got the team to a bowl in year 2 -- remarkable over-achievement considering his starting point.
Slipped in November of year 3, but the talent was flawed (LBs, lack of play-makers).

Recruiting -- soft finish maybe, but positives as well. This is the crucial area -- needs to continue to show that he is creating a positive atmosphere that draws recruits and parents to the program, that each year's class is stronger than the one before. It is the overall progression that counts -- of course, there will be disappointments (decommits or whiffs) along the path.
program is deteriorating ---- marrone needs to lighten up but more importantly su needs to get off the fence and get the FACILITIES necessary to attract the talent on a serious level. the su bandaid approach will not work. life skills program will not cut it (and does not appear to be working anyway,given our police blotter)

Any coach that comes in here (no matter the performance) would get at a minimum 3 years. Hell, Gump got 4 years. With the improvements that Marrone has made to the program, he's earned a rather long leash (alumni or not).

You're right. The way to build a successful program is for the fans to turn on the Head Coach at every setback and fire the entire coaching staff every 3 to 4 years.

If you are as hardcore an SU fan as you say, you should know the state of the program he took over.

Btw, I haven't seen that many posters who have given him a free pass on everything he does. Openly criticizing everything he does (i.e. what you do) is no more warranted than saying he does no wrong. You may not like him as a coach, but you can still support the guy in his efforts to improve the program.

lets be real-he didnt walk into a shady type situation at rutgirls-

and its not like robinson left the cupboard bare either -if anything it looks to be in worse shape player wise now than its ever been-

he came in talking about recruiting disciplined players- yet we have had quite a few incidents -

yes rome wasnt built in a day- but i hate to burst your bubble-we aint rome unless your talking rome ny

also marrone hasnt shown the ability to change when he makes a mistake-just look at the offense after 3 seasons of futility

to say i dont want the program to succeed is asinine at best-i guess some have to think they are super fans,have a higher level of thought ect ect-otherwise known as stuck up snobs who look down on all that dont agree with them-

program is deteriorating ---- marrone needs to lighten up but more importantly su needs to get off the fence and get the FACILITIES necessary to attract the talent on a serious level. the su bandaid approach will not work. life skills program will not cut it (and does not appear to be working anyway,given our police blotter)

Where is the evidence it is deteriorating? The team has won more games the last 2 years than it did in all of GRobs seasons. I guess if you just look at this last season and the one before and base your assessment on just on the field results, then the program is deteriorating. But, all other evidence - recruiting, facilities upgrades (Manley - I know, but it's a stop-gap and a start), Athletic department activities, etc. point to improvements. You can't say there hasn't been a movement to improve that wasn't there previously. Unless you get a Phil Knight or a T. Boone Pickens, you can't turn it around overnight. It takes some time.

amen brother

Disagree with this. Program is building, but it won't be an unbroken trend up.
Everyone knows the facilities need an upgrade, and it will happen. But at SU the $$ doesn't rain down from the sky -- like other things in life, it takes some effort by Gross, the board, the Chancellor.
You might want to spell out your alternative to a life skills program and send it along to the SU athletic department (and also to UConn and a host of other programs). Easy to be a critic.

i guess some have to think they are super fans,have a higher level of thought ect ect-otherwise known as stuck up snobs who look down on all that dont agree with them-
Dude, this is a message board where people voice differing opinions. Relax, don't be so defensive.

Dude, this is a message board where people voice differing opinions. Relax, don't be so defensive.

these posters say i dont care about the program-i do care thats why i post

i have zero problem with opinions unlike mine-just dont label me because i wont follow the line others have drawn

Okay, buddy. Bash on to your heart's desire.

I'll just say this, though. It's not about wearing "orange colored goggles," it's about recognizing that Marrone inherited an absolute mess and it takes time to clean up a mess. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Syracuse. Anybody who's ever tried to accomplish anything in life is bound to make mistakes and have setbacks along the way. DM is not immune to that.

Thank God for those who want the program, not DM in particular but the program overall, to succeed that Dr. Gross and the higher-ups recognize this fact and won't act with your level of impatience.
level of impatience? god rosconey is fan for 47trs and myself since 1960,!!! something to be said for wisdom, as oppossed to arbitrary commentary. hand writing is on the wall, commit to excellence or not, give hcdm the tools to work with. ever try driving a nail without the hammer? look at our hx on facilities. we paid no attention to them and fell into the abyss, that took years to climb out of until we built the dome. now (and 10yrs too late) we need to step up again and we are still screwing around.review su football hx, see a pattern here???? we wait until the horse is out of the barn and expect a coaching change to make a difference (duh).maybe you haven't been around long enough to see the big picture, but then again maybe folks like rosconey and i have been around to long,and invested to much time, money and energy.

i doubt it-

You are drawing the wrong conclusions. People like the attribute of Marrone being an alumni because that attribute leads to more more loyalty/personal investment in the program. However, that does not mean he gets any more slack than a non-Alum which it comes to building the program. Any coach who comes in here has to improve the team. Marrone has done that. Enough? Not, not yet...but he inherited a program that won a total of 10 games the prior 4 years. It takes time to dig out of the hole.

and its not like robinson left the cupboard bare either

Really? How about he 25 or so who left the team? Did they leave the cupboard bare? How well did they do after leaving SU?

Really? How about he 25 or so who left the team? Did they leave the cupboard bare? How well did they do after leaving SU?

so what about them-they did nothing for the program-what about those that left since that marrone recruited?

so what about them-they did nothing for the program-what about those that left since that marrone recruited?
What about them? They were in GRob's cupboard.

marrone was left a dline and linebackers with some nfl guys mixed in-
was left a qb rb's and recievers
was left a great punter

so marrone wasnt left with nothing to work with-so far he just cant find kids to replace those that left who are equal or better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom