If you had told me before the game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you had told me before the game...

Just think, Pitt forced Dixon out of town. I wonder if fans have second thoughts now?

It's fun to beat Pitt a 7th time in a row after all the carnage they wreaked on us over the last two decades.

But that was the Ben Howland/Jamie Dixon Pitt team out there. Stallings and Capel have destroyed that program. they are Pitt's G-Rob. SU fans need to take a look at what's happened there before they dream of Boeheim retiring and being replaced by a coach who does everything the way they want it done.

Actually that game demonstrated why JB slows it down. Our mistakes came when we started trying to make spectacular plays and didn't need to.
I was going to post the same thing. We got sloppy and careless with the ball with a big lead. We were playing a little bit to free.

Actually that game demonstrated why JB slows it down. Our mistakes came when we started trying to make spectacular plays and didn't need to.
yeah that did happen but the lead shrank during the "slow it down" phase even more than it did during the nothing matters the lead is so big phase...its a cost benefit analysis and i still think it is better to let them just play because they really really suck at 4 corners slow it down style..the lack of athleticism means that in the last 5 seconds when they try to make a play it is either hughes or a desperate lucky shot...i dont like iso ball anyway...so i hear you but disagree...when up 20-30 slowing it down is overkill

yeah that did happen but the lead shrank during the "slow it down" phase even more than it did during the nothing matters the lead is so big phase...its a cost benefit analysis and i still think it is better to let them just play because they really really suck at 4 corners slow it down style..the lack of athleticism means that in the last 5 seconds when they try to make a play it is either hughes or a desperate lucky shot...i dont like iso ball anyway...so i hear you but disagree...when up 20-30 slowing it down is overkill

My recollection was that we were trying to make spectacular plays because we had a big lead. It shrunk and then we slowed it down and wound up with the 23 point margin. Could you define what period of the game, (in terms of minutes you regarded as the 'normal offense' time and what period was the slow-down time so we can look at the play-by-play and figure this out?

My recollection was that we were trying to make spectacular plays because we had a big lead. It shrunk and then we slowed it down and wound up with the 23 point margin. Could you define what period of the game, (in terms of minutes you regarded as the 'normal offense' time and what period was the slow-down time so we can look at the play-by-play and figure this out?
it started around minute 7 or 8 after JG3 threw a ball away on the break I think...JB started wildly motioning for players to pull it back and kill clock on offense...and the team stopped scoring...and the overall level of play for team nosedived, imo.

it started around minute 7 or 8 after JG3 threw a ball away on the break I think...JB started wildly motioning for players to pull it back and kill clock on offense...and the team stopped scoring...and the overall level of play for team nosedived, imo.

My recollection is that the slow-down was over the last 2-3 minutes. Looking at the play-by-play i see we had turnovers by Girard at 5:08 and 3:58, by Dolezaj at 2:34 and Guerrier at 2:08. These guys were trying to do too much. We had none after that. Girard and Paul hit three pointers for our remaining scores. Girard's came 24 seconds after we had gotten the ball and Paul's came 9 seconds in with 2 seconds on the clock.

If Boeheim was "wildly motioning" it's probably because his players weren't doing what he told them to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom