If you had told me before the game... | Syracusefan.com

If you had told me before the game...

RF2044

Living Legend
...that Buddy would get injured in the first half and not produce much prior to the injury, I would think that SU would really struggle on the road -- despite this team having performed well on the road in conference play.

To think that we not only established a huge first half lead, but then maintained / substantially increased that lead in the second half? Very impressive outcome.

And kudos to the likes of Goodine, Guerrier, etc. for having to perform / produce, and delivering.

I can't stand pitt, or their sutpid "zoo" fans, who are derivative of Duke / MSU. Hope they enjoyed the steamer their team laid tonight. So gratifying to send those jerkoffs home with a 20 point beatdown.

Hats off to our team -- not only winning but putting a convincing whipping on a hungry team, under duress.

LGO!!!

...that Buddy would get injured in the first half and not produce much prior to the injury, I would think that SU would really struggle on the road -- despite this team having performed well on the road in conference play.

To think that we not only established a huge first half lead, but then maintained / substantially increased that lead in the second half? Very impressive outcome.

And kudos to the likes of Goodine, Guerrier, etc. for having to perform / produce, and delivering.

I can't stand pitt, or their sutpid "zoo" fans, who are derivative of Duke / MSU. Hope they enjoyed the steamer their team laid tonight. So gratifying to send those jerkoffs home with a 20 point beatdown.

Hats off to our team -- not only winning but putting a convincing whipping on a hungry team, under duress.

LGO!!!
Idiots on local radio forget that we are rivals with these scum bags.

This game showed JB can scale Buddy’s minutes back and have more rested and fresh.
If we want to win the ACCT we are going to need minutes from Guerrier/Goodine/Washington.

Buddy deserves starters minutes but not superstar minutes like a Hughes.

E74EFC3E-D174-4657-B29B-7E599A87CE55.jpeg

This game showed JB can scale Buddy’s minutes back and have more rested and fresh.
If we want to win the ACCT we are going to need minutes from Guerrier/Goodine/Washington.

Yeah the look with Hughes starting the offense with Joe spitting up worked very nicely last night. Also Goodine getting to play thru bumps allowed him to positively impact the game on both sides. The kid has great instincts in the zone.

I loved everything about that game last night.

this was our 7th straight victory over pitt (down as of late but still)

took the lead and stepped on their throats so to speak

Goodine started playing ball without thinking as much. He just let the game come to him and I’m excited about his development. His defensive/rebounding abilities are great.

overall, just a feel good win!!

Goodine started playing ball without thinking as much. He just let the game come to him and I’m excited about his development. His defensive/rebounding abilities are great.
This^ was big. First time we've seen Goodine just play confidently. He took shots when he had them without hesitation and tried to beat people off the bounce without forcing things. He was a difference maker on D. One of the better things to come out of the Pitt game.

This is the type of stuff that earns JB's confidence. Goodine needs to follow this up with another good performance against UNC.

Goodine made almost as many dumb plays as good plays, but he made shots so it worked out.

More impressed with his D though. Gives us a chance to apply some more pressure when he is out there with his quickness.

I loved everything about that game last night.

this was our 7th straight victory over pitt (down as of late but still)

took the lead and stepped on their throats so to speak

overall, just a feel good win!!

Iommi brought up a great point about this (the "thinking" aspect) on Twitter last night. Since Goodine knew Buddy wasn't coming back into the game he wasn't looking over his shoulder and seemed to play much looser. In fact that is probably the most aggressive I have seen him play in an ACC game.

Last edited:
Iommi brought up a great point about this (the "thinking" aspect) on Twitter last night. Since Goodine knew Buddy wasn't coming back into the game he seemed to play much looser. In fact that is probably the most aggressive I have seen him play in an ACC game.
really shows how much whats going on between the ears effects performance for some players...

...and really should make one pause as far as treating all players the same...i.e. playing time

...sometimes all a player needs is a longer leash...a lot of these younger players that struggle early on in their ncaab careers are just nervous/sensitive/etc...and dont really get much better as sophomores/juniors etc...they just dont have to worry about not playing so they relax and do well.

Capel is terrible. I hope he stays at Pitt for a long time.

He has always been a good recruiter and not so good coach. He did bring them back from the Stallings underworld but he is still going to struggle bringing in the guys he needs.

One thing you see for sure is just how handsy a Duke designed defense is. K teaches it way better as to when to layoff but it's a foul without getting caught physical mtm.

He has always been a good recruiter and not so good coach. He did bring them back from the Stallings underworld but he is still going to struggle bringing in the guys he needs.

One thing you see for sure is just how handsy a Duke designed defense is. K teaches it way better as to when to layoff but it's a foul without getting caught physical mtm.
Drove the Oakland Zoo wild when the refs actually called a foul a foul

they BLEW THEM OUT without him...40m/gm for him is ridic

also, the ¨slow it down ...kill the game" strategy is a loser. it just doesnt work for this team. stop using it.

it forces players to think instead of just play...which is why it doesnt work...and you see all the turnovers and bad plays etc...its like trying to do a dance that you dont know the moves to...

these guys wanna score and SHINE...thats why they play...not to hold the ball and play 4 corners for no reason with a 30 point lead...

This game didn’t show anything. Pitt was so bad we could of played you at the two guard and still won. Pitt was awful.

Iommi brought up a great point about this (the "thinking" aspect) on Twitter last night. Since Goodine knew Buddy wasn't coming back into the game he wasn't looking over his shoulder and seemed to play much looser. In fact that is probably the most aggressive I have seen him play in an ACC game.
I agree - freedom to play thru mistakes and not sweat a quick hook.

It's also the 1st game he's played in a while without the goalie mask.

I agree - freedom to play thru mistakes and not sweat a quick hook.
Games frequently turn on one or two mistakes. In most games —- especially this year with all the “tight” ones — SU doesn’t have the luxury of having new players learn what not to do or try in them.

That’s what practices and “garbage time” are for.

they BLEW THEM OUT without him...40m/gm for him is ridic

also, the ¨slow it down ...kill the game" strategy is a loser. it just doesnt work for this team. stop using it.

it forces players to think instead of just play...which is why it doesnt work...and you see all the turnovers and bad plays etc...its like trying to do a dance that you dont know the moves to...

these guys wanna score and SHINE...thats why they play...not to hold the ball and play 4 corners for no reason with a 30 point lead...

Actually that game demonstrated why JB slows it down. Our mistakes came when we started trying to make spectacular plays and didn't need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom