If you're Louisville... | Syracusefan.com

If you're Louisville...

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
And you win on Saturday, who do you want to win the second game? Cuse, the team they beat 2 of 3 this season? Or Michigan? I think UL wants no part of a game four with SU.

I assume they want michigan. But you know what they say about people who assume.

I expect The Georgia Dome to be a very partisan UL crowd, and assuming they win against WSU, they will all be cheering very loud against Syracuse.

They just showed we have no business being on the same court as them (which they also showed Duke) so why would they not want to play us - also, it would make an all BE final and the ACC could show off their newest members

They just showed we have no business being on the same court as them (which they also showed Duke) so why would they not want to play us - also, it would make an all BE final and the ACC could show off their newest members
We did beat them on their home court early in the season, without Southerland, in front of the largest crowd the Yum Center has every had - 22,814... We were also embarrassing Louisville int the first half of the Big East championship, until they embarrassed us in the second half. Though, Duke also beat Louisville earlier in the year.

They just showed we have no business being on the same court as them (which they also showed Duke) so why would they not want to play us

I dunno, there may be some crazy pessimists who think 15 minutes is more likely to be an outlier than 105 minutes.

They beat us twice and they know our style. I'd say they absolutely want SU. Known vs an unknown.

44cuse

The second half of the BET is a complete anomaly.

The officials allowed the Cardinals to foul their way to a win, & it won't be that way in the Title Game, no matter whom they face.

The Syracuse defense was kicking the complete garbage out of the Cards when they played it fairly, & I see the same result on Monday night if we can get there.

It would be so sweet to rest comfortably while watching Syracuse roll to a 15 point win against Louisville, & it shouldn't have been that close...

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he...

As this Syracuse team thinks in their zone, so they shall be...

And you win on Saturday, who do you want to win the second game? Cuse, the team they beat 2 of 3 this season? Or Michigan? I think UL wants no part of a game four with SU.

I'm not so sure Loserville really wants either part of these teams. Michigan already played a VCU team that is pretty much a Loserville Jr. and beat them quite handidly.

The vast majority of their posters want Michigan. They want nothing to do with Cuse. They know we were worn out in the BET.

Everyone ignores the second game at the Dome. Take away a few bonehead plays in the last 2-3 minutes and we win that game too. With a little under a minute left and down three MCW forced a contested three pointer. Out of the 120 minutes we have played Louisville we have been the better team for 103 of those minutes. Unfortunately, for those 17 minutes they were the much better team.

The second half of the BET is a complete anomaly.

The officials allowed the Cardinals to foul their way to a win, & it won't be that way in the Title Game, no matter whom they face.

The Syracuse defense was kicking the complete garbage out of the Cards when they played it fairly, & I see the same result on Monday night if we can get there.

It would be so sweet to rest comfortably while watching Syracuse roll to a 15 point win against Louisville, & it shouldn't have been that close...

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he...

As this Syracuse team thinks in their zone, so they shall be...

Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your destiny.
-Mahatma Gandhi

they want Michigan. they know and we know we can beat them. and we'll have the revenge factor on our side after the last game. and Siva always sux against us, which will make losing ware a huge factor if we play them.

I think they want us honestly. Michigan is perfect for beating their press.

However, they aren't perfect for beating our zone, so I think Louisville will get their wish (if I'm right about them wanting us)

The vast majority don't care. They have already cut down the nets in their minds. I don't think they respect either team .

I talked to a customer in L'Ville yesterday and asked his thoughts on the final four to which he replied "we're just preparing to celebrate the title".

Not sure any of them realize that losing Ware really hurts them especially if Siva on Smith get in foul trouble which their defense is prone to do depending on how the refs call it.

Beating Lville's press isn't really a hige facter as people suppose. If they are pressing they are scoring, if you are breaking the press and scoring then the game gets faster just like Lville wants. As long as they score Pitino isn't that worried about the other team breaking the press and scoring because it plays into his hands and it becomes easier for Lville to score while the other teams tires and starts making mistakes against the press. You can't let Lville string baskets together and you have to make them play defense in the half court and convert. That is how you beat them. We did that better than anyone for 25min last time we played them then we did the opposite for 15min.

They want UM.

No one is hotter than us right now and you never want to play a team that knows you inside and out.

Not saying they aren't the "better" team for the year, but they would be licking their chops for a team like UM that thinks since they beat a VCU team try could hang with them.

This Louisville fan wants both - or neither, not sure which, lol.

I just don't believe Michigan is ready for us - or you, for that matter. Of the two teams, I think Michigan is the weakest and would be easier for us to handle. Of course, that being the case, equally obvious is that you guys would win on a normal day. Everyone talking the talk has under estimated both of our teams, if you ask me. I'm sitting and watching the Shocker interviews as they go through all the routine answers about their strategy - and the same with Meat Chicken - and it dawns onto me that they have no idea of what they're about to undergo.

My other thought is that playing Syracuse has so much interest for all the best reasons. As you know, I picked you guys to face us in the championship game. I just saw you arriving at a peak and believe you are still there. Defensively, you guys are playing at a monstrously high level, as are we.

I just see you and us playing as the two best teams left.

Truth is, it would be both an honor and a war.

The irony of the media orgasm going on about Ware and his inspirational value for UL is that it completely ignores his actual basketball value to UL. In that way, it could not be more insulting to the kid.

I have heard almost nobody talk about the impact of losing him, just the benefits. We know, for certain, that his loss is a major blow to their chances against Syracuse. Man I so hope we win tonight because a UL -SU championship game could go down as an all time classic.

I am so convinced Ware is a major loss for them against us in particular, that I think I'd rather play UL than WSU. The shockers play that Butler/Pitt style that just gives us fits.

We did beat them on their home court early in the season, without Southerland, in front of the largest crowd the Yum Center has every had - 22,814... We were also embarrassing Louisville int the first half of the Big East championship, until they embarrassed us in the second half. Though, Duke also beat Louisville earlier in the year.
L'ville needed a major assist from BE refs who were looking away from hanging & grabbing the whole 2nd half. They won't get that, to the same degree in Atlanta.

If we were playing Wichita and Lville and Michigan were playing I'd be pretty confident we'd see Michigan in the final. Both teams are bad matchups for the Cards imo.

L'ville needed a major assist from BE refs who were looking away from hanging & grabbing the whole 2nd half. They won't get that, to the same degree in Atlanta.

Dude, we beat you by 17 points. Get over it, your guys got beat that game. It wasn't the frigging refs, lol.

What would worry me if I were Syracuse, wondering just how "scared" Louisville is of a team they recently slaughtered, is what they did which was different to make that happen instead of making excuses.

I realize this is all just useless message board talk. Nothing we say will affect the game in the slightest. Analyzing things can require a little objectivity, however. For example, Ware came up huge in our game with you - Triche even went so far as to call him a "defensive upgrade" over Siva - who is no slouch defensively. So, especially against Syracuse, we will miss Kevin. But the emergence of Harrell and the double high post play of Dieng, Behanen and Harrell opened your zone up to at least that game's worth of vulnerability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom