I'm a sap | Syracusefan.com

I'm a sap

CuseCactus

All Conference
So, three weeks ago Wifey bought tickets to see the play "The Seagull". Tonight. At 7 p.m. Pacific. Great. The Seagull. Really? And it involves two other couples so I can't do the old "I got my arm chopped off in a random accident and can't go excuse".

So..... I've instructed all my "friends" not to text, call or otherwise give me crap during the game. (One of my Gonzaga buddies will not be able to help himself.)

So bummed.

CuseCactus said:
So, three weeks ago Wifey bought tickets to see the play "The Seagull". Tonight. At 7 p.m. Pacific. Great. The Seagull. Really? And it involves two other couples so I can't do the old "I got my arm chopped off in a random accident and can't go excuse". So... I've instructed all my "friends" not to text, call or otherwise give me crap during the game. (One of my Gonzaga buddies will not be able to help himself.) So bummed.

Rule #1. Never plan anyrhing in march. I mean this is manhood 101 we are talking about.

Oh, I've been failing manhood 101 for nearly 17 years now. All things being equal, Wifey's pretty cool about Syracuse related stuff. At least I can confidently say our son is all Orange (and not University of Arizona).

Maybe I'm just lucky, but in 16 years my wife has never scheduled a thing without first asking me about any conflict with SU football, basketball, Yankees, the masters, etc. Jesus I married up. Where'd I put that florist's number...

Supposed to go to my girlfriends cousins for easter. I really don't want to go, mainly because he is a UNC fan. If they don't have the game on I told her don't count on me sticking around.

Three years ago, when we made our run to the final four my wife's friend and co-worker was getting married on the same day. The reception was scheduled to run through the game. So I figured that I would attended the ceremony, cocktail hour, and some of the reception and then leave to watch the game. She was alright with it, but I could tell that deep down she wasn't. So I did end up leaving and shooting home to watch the game. About half way through I felt insanely guilty and left and went back. By the time I got back the reception was over and I felt absolutely horrible about it.

I had always wondered if it was more me being selfish or not wanting to miss seeing my team play in the final four knowing the rarity of it. I guess I learned from that to always put my family before sports.

So, three weeks ago Wifey bought tickets to see the play "The Seagull". Tonight. At 7 p.m. Pacific. Great. The Seagull. Really? And it involves two other couples so I can't do the old "I got my arm chopped off in a random accident and can't go excuse".

So... I've instructed all my "friends" not to text, call or otherwise give me crap during the game. (One of my Gonzaga buddies will not be able to help himself.)

So bummed.

Well, you could actually cut your arm off.

Three years ago, when we made our run to the final four my wife's friend and co-worker was getting married on the same day. The reception was scheduled to run through the game. So I figured that I would attended the ceremony, cocktail hour, and some of the reception and then leave to watch the game. She was alright with it, but I could tell that deep down she wasn't. So I did end up leaving and shooting home to watch the game. About half way through I felt insanely guilty and left and went back. By the time I got back the reception was over and I felt absolutely horrible about it.

I had always wondered if it was more me being selfish or not wanting to miss seeing my team play in the final four knowing the rarity of it. I guess I learned from that to always put my family before sports.

Depends on how old you are. How many more Syracuse FF games will you get in your lifetime? Could be a lot, could be none. Whoever it was getting married that day will probably have a couple more weddings...

Oh, I've been failing manhood 101 for nearly 17 years now. All things being equal, Wifey's pretty cool about Syracuse related stuff. At least I can confidently say our son is all Orange (and not University of Arizona).
Don't take your phone with you.

Supposed to go to my girlfriends cousins for easter. I really don't want to go, mainly because he is a UNC fan. If they don't have the game on I told her don't count on me sticking around.

Could be fun to go if we win and UNC loses tonight.

My brother's birthday is Sunday and my nephew's (his son) birthday is Monday. Flat out said I'm going to have to miss it if we win tonight.

Or there is airport mode. I'm surprised how many have no clue what that is.
Problem is, I'm a father of an 8 year old. Of course Wifey also has a phone. But, believe it or not, it's hard turning off your phone when your little one is with a sitter.

So... I've instructed all my "friends" not to text, call or otherwise give me crap during the game. (One of my Gonzaga buddies will not be able to help himself.)

So bummed.

Holy crap! Do you have a DVR? Where do live ihave an extra one? Scratch that, you better to go to Best Buy stat!!

Problem is, I'm a father of an 8 year old. Of course Wifey also has a phone. But, believe it or not, it's hard turning off your phone when your little one is with a sitter.
I understood that. Your "friends" wouldn't call your wife to tell her the scores would they?

Depends on how old you are. How many more Syracuse FF games will you get in your lifetime? Could be a lot, could be none. Whoever it was getting married that day will probably have a couple more weddings...

I am 36, so I will hopefully see us play in some more. And I myself am not close to the woman that was getting married, so I guess that is why I figured that it was alright to take off since my wife was with her friends and sister anyway. I guess that I just realized that it was more about me being there for my wife than being at the wedding reception. The older I get and the longer I am married however the less I'll care I'm sure.

The reason you should NEVER feel guilty about missing a wedding is that you could literally flip a coin as to whether that couple will be together in 10 years. And they won't even give you your gift back after the split.

I will always put my kids above sports. That's a no brainer. But, the wedding stuff during a march madness run? that

Everyone keeps asking me what we are doing for Easter on Sunday. I said, it all depends on tonight and then when the game times are on Sunday. They should know better by now.
We were supposed to host Easter. Texted last Sunday night after our win and canceled out... It is our civic duty to travel to Chicago for the games!

We also bailed on hosting Thanksgiving this year because we went to Atlantis but to be fair we gave them two year notice on that one.

The reason you should NEVER feel guilty about missing a wedding is that you could literally flip a coin as to whether that couple will be together in 10 years. And they won't even give you your gift back after the split.

I will always put my kids above sports. That's a no brainer. But, the wedding stuff during a march madness run? that

This seriously makes me feel better! I mean, I was there for the ceremony, just not the reception.

690West said:
Maybe I'm just lucky, but in 16 years my wife has never scheduled a thing without first asking me about any conflict with SU football, basketball, Yankees, the masters, etc. Jesus I married up. Where'd I put that florist's number...

My wife is a massive sports fan and wouldnt even fathom going to some dumb ass play in march. Maybe i just got lucky

690West said:
The reason you should NEVER feel guilty about missing a wedding is that you could literally flip a coin as to whether that couple will be together in 10 years. And they won't even give you your gift back after the split. I will always put my kids above sports. That's a no brainer. But, the wedding stuff during a march madness run? that
Amen. I have skipped so many weddings/parties for su games and never once felt a remorse of guilt. People shouldnt schedule chit in march

Wow. I missed the part where you were there for the ceremony. My God, man, you are golden. Your woman should be lucky to have you!

If that ceremony was an hour later I can't promise that I would have even been there for it...