I'm a sap | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm a sap

We are having our 10th annual easter egg hunt at our house (1000 eggs, 50 kids). I'll have the projector and screen setup outside for the Cuse game on Sunday. If it's an early game, the hunt will happen during half time.

We are currently in lake placid with the kids abd out #1 priority is getting to the bar we are watching hoops tonight at by 6:45 so we can hunker down for a 5 hour session.

Eaater is a bogus holiday anyways.

Ncaas>easter

We are currently in lake placid with the kids abd out #1 priority is getting to the bar we are watching hoops tonight at by 6:45 so we can hunker down for a 5 hour session.

Eaater is a bogus holiday anyways.

Ncaas>easter
What hotel?

We are having our 10th annual easter egg hunt at our house (1000 eggs, 50 kids). I'll have the projector and screen setup outside for the Cuse game on Sunday. If it's an early game, the hunt will happen during half time.
Hampton inn. Right next door to the lake placid brewery so we will be home basing it there probably. Either that or wise guys
Game times for Sunday are 6:00 and 8:30 on TBS so no worries.

Hampton inn. Right next door to the lake placid brewery so we will be home basing it there probably. Either that or wise guys

I was going to recommend Wise Guys. It's our hangout on our golf trips

Mrs Moo's Easter dinner plans for Sunday are too embarrassing to get into. The only thing that might carry the day is that my God-son is as big an SU fan as I am, and we'll do dinner together on laps in the TV room. The women will be snarly, but they'll have to deal with it.

edit: said the big tough talker when she's not around :rolleyes: ...

OburgOrange said:
I was going to recommend Wise Guys. It's our hangout on our golf trips
good to know. Appreciate the heads up

Forza Azzurri said:
Never plan anything in March AND the first weekend in April...

First weekend in april is like the holy grail

you have a cell phone and can stream the game. whats the issue? i watched a game while in the ceremony for one of my buddies and everyone else was trying to watch too. that was back on the day of pocket TV, way easier now with cell phones, no worry about standing in the right direction to get a decent picture which is not always easy to do during a ceremony. you just look like a secret service dude now.

I will also be avoiding updates, as I have the opportunity tonight for me and the Mrs. to meet Jason Alexander.

Gotta meet Costanza.

Curious to find out when the OP watched/found out about the game.
So, the dinner we went to was fine - good food, drink and my mind was kept off of the game.

Then we went to a disaster of a play. There was nudity - and not the kind that would have made this 47 year old happy. The play was a drama - an attempt to put a modern "spin" on an old classic. The result was a classic fail. 2.5 hours of hell.

One of the guys in our group kept checking his phone. And then smirking at me. He's a 'Bama grad so I am used to him lording it over me ALL football season. Then my wife starts checking her phone - and smirking. At the intermission, they both asked me - "do you want to know the score?" I did my best imitation of a Tony Montana face. Along with a downward SMH.

Get home around 11 pacific. My 8 year old is still awake. We pay the baby sitter. I look at Wifey and say, "he's not going to bed. We are watching now." Anyone who's a father knows that I am possibly scarring my little boy's future by, God forbid, letting him stay up til 1 or 1:30 in the morning - and screaming at the TV in the middle of the night. But it.

He gets into our bed and we start watching the game. Wife gives me the death stare. it.

After all this, my son collapses about 15 minutes into the game - one moment he's cheering, next minute his in a little boy coma. Wife's asleep as well.

So..... it's just me and the poor dog. The poor worried, sad dog - watching his owner silently pacing and throwing socks at the TV. The Cooney steal happened at 1 am. I think I did a silent back flip in my bedroom when the refs gave the ball to Zaga.

This morning, my son wakes up - "what happened Dad?". I told him a white lie. I said I saved the last 1:30 of the game to watch with him. And that I didn't know the final score - but that it was the best game of the year. We watched the end. My little guy yelling that Cooney didn't go out of bounds, etc. His favorite player is Lydon - we both raised our arms prior to each FT to seal the game.

All things being equal? Great night/great morning. And SO good to bleed Orange!!!!!

I have to fly to London on Easter Sunday evening. Scheduled the latest flight possible to maximize Easter/family activities. Never expected a deep March run this year.

Game times were announced around midnight. Naturally, I'm on a regional jet with no wifi for the duration of the game before connecting at EWR.

Told my wife this morning I'm bailing on Easter dinner early. Changed the flight. Will watch while on a layover at EWR.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

LGO!

Rule #1. Never plan anyrhing in march. I mean this is manhood 101 we are talking about.
March...40 years of blocking that month right off the calendar.

I have to fly to London on Easter Sunday evening. Scheduled the latest flight possible to maximize Easter/family activities. Never expected a deep March run this year.

Game times were announced around midnight. Naturally, I'm on a regional jet with no wifi for the duration of the game before connecting at EWR.

Told my wife this morning I'm bailing on Easter dinner early. Changed the flight. Will watch while on a layover at EWR.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

LGO!
Well done!

So, the dinner we went to was fine - good food, drink and my mind was kept off of the game.

Then we went to a disaster of a play. There was nudity - and not the kind that would have made this 47 year old happy. The play was a drama - an attempt to put a modern "spin" on an old classic. The result was a classic fail. 2.5 hours of hell.

One of the guys in our group kept checking his phone. And then smirking at me. He's a 'Bama grad so I am used to him lording it over me ALL football season. Then my wife starts checking her phone - and smirking. At the intermission, they both asked me - "do you want to know the score?" I did my best imitation of a Tony Montana face. Along with a downward SMH.

Get home around 11 pacific. My 8 year old is still awake. We pay the baby sitter. I look at Wifey and say, "he's not going to bed. We are watching now." Anyone who's a father knows that I am possibly scarring my little boy's future by, God forbid, letting him stay up til 1 or 1:30 in the morning - and screaming at the TV in the middle of the night. But it.

He gets into our bed and we start watching the game. Wife gives me the death stare. it.

After all this, my son collapses about 15 minutes into the game - one moment he's cheering, next minute his in a little boy coma. Wife's asleep as well.

So... it's just me and the poor dog. The poor worried, sad dog - watching his owner silently pacing and throwing socks at the TV. The Cooney steal happened at 1 am. I think I did a silent back flip in my bedroom when the refs gave the ball to Zaga.

This morning, my son wakes up - "what happened Dad?". I told him a white lie. I said I saved the last 1:30 of the game to watch with him. And that I didn't know the final score - but that it was the best game of the year. We watched the end. My little guy yelling that Cooney didn't go out of bounds, etc. His favorite player is Lydon - we both raised our arms prior to each FT to seal the game.

All things being equal? Great night/great morning. And SO good to bleed Orange!!!!!
One of my favorite posts in a while. Well done Dad.