Im curious - after the first 2 games..how should we finish the class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im curious - after the first 2 games..how should we finish the class

he was suppose to RS last year, but got forced into action, only reason he is not a QB in discussion this year is because he broke his hand and has not healed from it. He very much would of been in the backup QB battle behind hunt if it was not for his injury. as True Frosh he was not horrible last year. Just don't see why people are writing him off all of sudden. I hope he stays, I hope he continues to recruit for SU and I hope he gets another shot.

I'm not writing him off, but I also believe he will see action this season. The question is does Long fight for the #2 spot here, or does he see his chances better somewhere else? Like I said, if he felt leaving gave him a better opportunity, then I don't hold it against him.

if hunt comes back we could end up with 5 qb's that have started a game we have won on one roster. that would have to be close to a record.

Are you allowed to apply a redshirt retroactively if a kid doesn't play that year? Or do Redshirts have to be applied at the beginning of the season?

Judging by his body language on the side lines last game and his passive aggressive tweets, he does seem frustrated... To what extent, yet to be seen.

I would be frustrated also knowing that I had a chance to play but couldn't because my hand is not ready, additionally (correct me if I am wrong) he is RS this year... If he leaves then so be it, and I wish his success, but there is no indication at this present moment in time that either Wilson or Long are leaving.

Are you allowed to apply a redshirt retroactively if a kid doesn't play that year? Or do Redshirts have to be applied at the beginning of the season?

Judging by his body language on the side lines last game and his passive aggressive tweets, he does seem frustrated... To what extent, yet to be seen.

Technically redshirts aren't applied until four years after the date your eligibility clock starts. Schools then apply for a redshirt based on sitting out, medical hardship, etc.

So yes, redshirts are always applied retroactively. Even if it is decided that they will redshirt before the season.

Brotski isn't coming here he really likes Umass and some other lower level teams. He wants to be in a pro style offense from what he told me yesterday.

I would be frustrated also knowing that I had a chance to play but couldn't because my hand is not ready, additionally (correct me if I am wrong) he is RS this year... If he leaves then so be it, and I wish his success, but there is no indication at this present moment in time that either Wilson or Long are leaving.

No AJ is a true soph.

I’m going with 7 more kids.

IMO Id like

QB – Moore

WR – Stewart

DT –

S – 2 (nothing less than 6-1 200 with at least 4.7 speed)

CB – 1

Athlete on the offensive side of the ball.

Updating now that a little more is known. We got our 2nd QB.

QB – Scott (I assume this ends the Moore recruitment)

WR – Stewart (sticking with him)

DT – Watts or Peek (I won't be surprised if Peeks officially visit here with Scoop and Rex)

S – 2 (sticking with 2 but am changing this to just DB) 2 preferred. There’s a bunch available that I like. Burrell, Burch ETC.

ATH – (sticking with 1 here) the Tisdale kid is visiting and viewed as an ATH. Utility type player. Could see a RB here but I'd like a Womack type.

WHATS NEW:

Chris Clark at Tight End. This would be a homerun at the position. Have to add him if possible

Jon Jones. Big time LB recruit. Visiting officially. If he wants in you take him.

There's going to be a couple of players who you take if you can regardless of position or need.

OUT:

RB – Pushing this down the pecking order. Kentrall is a nice back but I think he sticks with the Illini and we have other needs.

I frankly love this time of year in recruiting. It’s great when the official visitor lists start popping up and you’re like – woah – didn’t see that coming. Jon Jones fits this.

Updating now that a little more is known. We got our 2nd QB.

QB – Scott (I assume this ends the Moore recruitment)

WR – Stewart (sticking with him)

DT – Watts or Peek (I won't be surprised if Peeks officially visit here with Scoop and Rex)

S – 2 (sticking with 2 but am changing this to just DB) 2 preferred. There’s a bunch available that I like. Burrell, Burch ETC.

ATH – (sticking with 1 here) the Tisdale kid is visiting and viewed as an ATH. Utility type player. Could see a RB here but I'd like a Womack type.

WHATS NEW:

Chris Clark at Tight End. This would be a homerun at the position. Have to add him if possible

Jon Jones. Big time LB recruit. Visiting officially. If he wants in you take him.

There's going to be a couple of players who you take if you can regardless of position or need.

OUT:

RB – Pushing this down the pecking order. Kentrall is a nice back but I think he sticks with the Illini and we have other needs.

I frankly love this time of year in recruiting. It’s great when the official visitor lists start popping up and you’re like – woah – didn’t see that coming. Jon Jones fits this.

I'm really curious to see how we manage the RB depth chart. We're technically only 3 deep right now at RB, but with two HB's coming in, and Erv, Strickland, Perkins, and Lewis all returning next year, I have to think there's going to be some movement between the two groups. If we bring a RB like Moran in that puts us at 10 scholarship players between the two groups (not counting Jacob Hill - not sure what happens with him). I just can't see that happening without one or more of the current H Backs shifting to RB or one or more of the upperclassmen (McFarlane, Morris) taking their degrees and moving on or transferring for a final season somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom