I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

im probably in the minority,but the romantic interest stuff doesnt interest me. its so banal.
I like it. Romance was conspicuously missing from season 1. In season 2, it becomes clear why Carmen is alone. I think we needed to witness that struggle to understand his character. It also advances the question, must one sacrifice personal connections to be a successful chef and restaurateur?

Half way through "Class of '09" on Hulu. I like it. FBI show that focuses on the same characters in past/present/future.

Netflix is starting to weird me out because they apparently have a small English voiceover staff that they use on all foreign- based shows. So I end up watching multiple series with the same voices coming from different actors.

Watched the first episode of Soderbergh's new show Full Circle on Max last night. All in after 1.
I’m watching that, too. Up to episode 4, I think.

Anyone watching HIJACK on AppleTv? It’s a ‘good ride’ so far.

On Amazon, Citadel is not awful. I had no interest for a long time, as it looked like just a dumb glamorization of two ‘pretty people‘ (Priyanka Chopra and Richard Madden from GoT) but it’s surprisingly decent. Some good ‘Bond-like’ action. Better than Fubar.

On Amazon, Citadel is not awful. I had no interest for a long time, as it looked like just a dumb glamorization of two ‘pretty people‘ (Priyanka Chopra and Richard Madden from GoT) but it’s surprisingly decent. Some good ‘Bond-like’ action. Better than Fubar.
Hijack looked like a definite skip for me but have heard a lot of good things about it and will probably start it soon.

Hijack looked like a definite skip for me but have heard a lot of good things about it and will probably start it soon.
Definite skip? Why?

The Blackberry movie was pretty cool. Still only available to rent.

Jack Ryan S4 seemed rushed and hard to follow.

I’m liking Hijack more and more with each episode. I was not expecting it to be good.

And it’s only seven episodes. There’s not enough of a time investment to get too disappointed.

Definite skip? Why?
Airplane thriller is a genre that has been done lots of times and not sure ever done well any time recently. Despite my love for Stringer Bell it was either going to be a skip or a wait and see at best. Started hearing all positive things so it's now moved onto my little notepad I keep on my phone of shows & movies that I need to watch. I keep that thing updated so whenever we're home and bored or run out of a show, can take a look at that list and fire something up.

Watched 2nd Full Circle last night and still all in.

I liked the Tetris movie..but i forgot if it was on apple TV or netflix

If you grew up in the 90s and were into video games, Twisted Metal will bring back some nostalgia. The episodes are short (20-35 minutes). Was able to binge it in two days. It’s definitely not winning any awards but it’s fun and the acting is pretty good. Will Arnett voicing Sweet Tooth stole the show.

I don't usually watch sports documentaries, but got bored and saw the Steph Curry Underrated thing. It was really pretty good. I've been sort of a Golden State fan lately, but soured on the team after more and more Draymond nonsense, and then Curry whipping his mouthpiece into the stands thing this last season... But, this gave me a much better sense of where he came from, and the whole Davidson history thing was wonderful to watch.

So, after that, i actually started watching the Quarterback series on Netflix. And that's pretty good, too. Again, new appreciation for Mahomes who i already liked, but also a guy like Kirk Cousins who i never paid any attention to. Good stories.

I have been engaged with the Formula 1 series, Drive to Survive, but also watched the tennis version, Break Point. Good stuff. I will not watch the golf counterpart. Ever.

Hijack is really good. Tense. Definitely keeps me from playing/surfing on my iPad. That show has my full, rapt attention.

I finished The Crowded Room. Not bad, but i probably wouldn't recommend it unless you like Amanda Seyfried as much as i do. And why wouldn't you?

just finished WHITE LOTUS 2 . it was ok . beautiful sicily. very choice italian dialogue.
kinda saw the ending coming. was i wowed ??? non tanto .

I'm enjoying Siren on Netflix. It's a Korean (no English dubbing) competion with teams of four women representing various physical professions (police, firefighters, military, etc.). They are placed on an island and are playing an elaborate game of Capture the Flag.

FISK on Netflix is fun.
What did you think of the end of Full Circle? Loved the majority of the show but the end was a little flat to me. Excited for Reservation Dogs to be back.

What did you think of the end of Full Circle? Loved the majority of the show but the end was a little flat to me. Excited for Reservation Dogs to be back.
I didn’t love the Full Circle show from the beginning, so I prolly didn’t expect much. It resolved reasonably, I guess. Can’t say I was disappointed.

It’s corny, but entertaining. Finished it last night.

I'm enjoying Severance a good amount right now. Binged through Hacks and really loved it.

1st episode of Winning Time was a bit iffy but its about bball and by Adam McKay so think it's going to be great...just like anything that gets a HBO Sunday night slot.
I only started watching Winning Time (season 1) just last week.

I think i ignored it because i didn't used to like sports shows, and even worse, sports shows with actors portraying iconic figures. Also, the previews/commercials made it look like the wrong kind of cheesy.

But, i started it and now i'm semi-binging it. It is cartoonish, and bombastic in how they amplify every character's traits and personality flaws, etc. But, since that seems to be almost universally applied, it's almost entertaining how they shred just about everyone.

And as for the actors portraying people we've 'known' for decades... I'm at the point where i see the Magic character and i now struggle to remember what the real Magic looks like.

I also started re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watching The Wire. Not sure how many times i've seen it through and through. I wasn't sure i'd be ready to do it again, but i'm mostly back into it. I don't know if i'll skip certain seasons this time, though.

The finale of Righteous Gemstones was just dumb. Looking forward to whatever Danny and Walton do next, but that show just didn't work so well after the first season. Danny McBride's shows tend to launch like gangbusters and then get stupid a season or two before they're done. Maybe Vice Principals was better at the conclusion? I don't remember how that finished...

I only started watching Winning Time (season 1) just last week.

I think i ignored it because i didn't used to like sports shows, and even worse, sports shows with actors portraying iconic figures. Also, the previews/commercials made it look like the wrong kind of cheesy.

But, i started it and now i'm semi-binging it. It is cartoonish, and bombastic in how they amplify every character's traits and personality flaws, etc. But, since that seems to be almost universally applied, it's almost entertaining how they shred just about everyone.

And as for the actors portraying people we've 'known' for decades... I'm at the point where i see the Magic character and i now struggle to remember what the real Magic looks like.

I also started re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watching The Wire. Not sure how many times i've seen it through and through. I wasn't sure i'd be ready to do it again, but i'm mostly back into it. I don't know if i'll skip certain seasons this time, though.

The finale of Righteous Gemstones was just dumb. Looking forward to whatever Danny and Walton do next, but that show just didn't work so well after the first season. Danny McBride's shows tend to launch like gangbusters and then get stupid a season or two before they're done. Maybe Vice Principals was better at the conclusion? I don't remember how that finished...
I forgot about Winning Time. It seems around the same time that started, the Lakers documentary also came out. I definitely prefer Docs, when it comes to sports so I watched that.

I should check out Winning Time though.