I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Started watching The Rehearsal after having it recommended numerous times. Completely bonkers and love it. Wanted to knock it out prior to starting The Curse.

Just signed up for three free months of Apple TV. Besides Ted Lasso and The Morning Show, anything on there worthwhile watching? Especially something with a nice twist. I love mysteries but usually the detective or whomever is a drunk/former drunk/still pines for the ex Or has crazy dreams. I'm sure I left out a few from the bingo card.

Just signed up for three free months of Apple TV. Besides Ted Lasso and The Morning Show, anything on there worthwhile watching? Especially something with a nice twist. I love mysteries but usually the detective or whomever is a drunk/former drunk/still pines for the ex Or has crazy dreams. I'm sure I left out a few from the bingo card.
Severance is only one season so far but it’s one of the best new shows to come around in awhile IMO and definitely fits what you’re looking for.

Severance is only one season so far but it’s one of the best new shows to come around in awhile IMO and definitely fits what you’re looking for.
I enjoy Mythic Quest but doesn’t fit the genre Clifton is looking for.

Hijack was a very good thriller.

Trying and Shrinking are good comedies.

Some more to check out on Apple TV:

Bad Sisters
Echo 3
Slow Horses
For All Mankind
Fingernails
Hijack
Surface
Blackbird
Tehran
Underrated (Steph Curry)

Killers Of the Flower Moon (date not yet released?)

The Gold and Drops of Gold are the next 2 up on my list.

The Gold was good.

Do you mean Drops of God?

The Watch Podcast (The Ringer Network) is probably my favorite and one of the hosts loves Drops of God. I don't have a platform to watch it on.

Slow Horses is exactly what you're looking for.

The Gold was good.

Do you mean Drops of God?

The Watch Podcast (The Ringer Network) is probably my favorite and one of the hosts loves Drops of God. I don't have a platform to watch it on.
You a CR head? Of course Andy loves it.

You a CR head? Of course Andy loves it.

I enjoy them both. I’m definitely not as thoughtful as Andy, but I hardly ever disagree with him.

Chris has a pretty similar taste in tv and movies to me. I use the pod to get into a lot of thing (like The Gold) I otherwise wouldn’t have thought of).

My wife doesn’t watch most of the things I do and my workplace isn’t much for “ water cooler chat” so I use pods like The Watch, The ReWatchables, The Big Pictiure, and Prestige TV to get feedback.

I enjoy them both. I’m definitely not as thoughtful as Andy, but I hardly ever disagree with him.

Chris has a pretty similar taste in tv and movies to me. I use the pod to get into a lot of thing (like The Gold) I otherwise wouldn’t have thought of).

My wife doesn’t watch most of the things I do and my workplace isn’t much for “ water cooler chat” so I use pods like The Watch, The ReWatchables, The Big Pictiure, and Prestige TV to get feedback.
Literally get all of my recommendations from them. Have worked from home for about 5 years, deleted all social media long ago and don't watch regular tv to see commercials so wouldn't even have known The Gold or Drops of God even existed without it.

Bass Reeves has been pretty good.. Waiting until the season is over to see how much they stretched any truths to the story.

Silo

New season of Fargo is a banger.
Not sure what to think about this season. I’m only two episodes in, but...

Don‘t like Hamm. Kinda feel like he’s playing it too ‘big.’ Juno is great. Can’t stand looking at Jennifer. Anyway, it‘s odd and a bit disappointing that they keep recycling elements and themes from previous Fargos (film and series?). Not sure why they’re doing that—maybe there’s a pay-off later? Also wish they had set it in Another time period. The current day thing just loses some of the character and atmosphere we’re used to with the franchise.

Not dull, though!

Don‘t like Hamm. Kinda feel like he’s playing it too ‘big.’ Juno is great. Can’t stand looking at Jennifer. Anyway, it‘s odd and a bit disappointing that they keep recycling elements and themes from previous Fargos (film and series?). Not sure why they’re doing that—maybe there’s a pay-off later? Also wish they had set it in Another time period. The current day thing just loses some of the character and atmosphere we’re used to with the franchise.

Not dull, though!
The character development is great. Jennifer J Leigh is a classic bad ass as the "Queen of Debt"

Not dull, though!

I think Hamm is supposed to be an exaggeration. Agree on Juno. Funny on Jennifer Jason Lee. Trying to figure out why she's using that Long Island Lockjaw voice. I assume her character is just "acting" and I think we'll get the Minnesota Nice accent at some point. I'm fine with the time period. Think the Fargo tie ins are intentional and part of the point.

Agree not dull. Didnt like episodes 3 and 4 nearly as much. Way to on the nose with the political commentary. In the first two episodes it was more story first, and the commentary just flowed. Episode 5 was good though, but i suspect some people didnt care for the narration.

Most importantly to me, I agree it's not dull.

I think Hamm is supposed to be an exaggeration. Agree on Juno. Funny on Jennifer Jason Lee. Trying to figure out why she's using that Long Island Lockjaw voice. I assume her character is just "acting" and I think we'll get the Minnesota Nice accent at some point. I'm fine with the time period. Think the Fargo tie ins are intentional and part of the point.

Agree not dull. Didnt like episodes 3 and 4 nearly as much. Way to on the nose with the political commentary. In the first two episodes it was more story first, and the commentary just flowed. Episode 5 was good though, but i suspect some people didnt care for the narration.

Most importantly to me, I agree it's not dull.
I think I just saw a thing that indicated she ‘borrowed’ the lockjaw thing from William F Buckley.

re: Hamm, I don’t dislike him in general. Maybe just burned out on him from his role on The Morning Show. I kinda wish he would do more comedic stuff rather than the ‘master of the universe’ stuff. His bit on 30 Rock was fun. And then there was some other little thing where he was like a nurse or somesuch? With guys from SNL? A real panic. I need to find that clip…. Ohh—a post-credits thing on 30 Rock:

I think I just saw a thing that indicated she ‘borrowed’ the lockjaw thing from William F Buckley.

re: Hamm, I don’t dislike him in general. Maybe just burned out on him from his role on The Morning Show. I kinda wish he would do more comedic stuff rather than the ‘master of the universe’ stuff. His bit on 30 Rock was fun. And then there was some other little thing where he was like a nurse or somesuch? With guys from SNL? A real panic. I need to find that clip…. Ohh—a post-credits thing on 30 Rock:

I think his role on Fargo definitely has some comedic aspects.