"I'm not here to talk about Dayton" | Syracusefan.com

"I'm not here to talk about Dayton"

Flora'cuse

Scout Team
Ok - lemme explain: I Love this team, and I too was disappointed we didn't win. I don't want a new coach, hell if we made 1 trey, we win, then maybe get hot next game, who knows? Great "D" no "O", but what continues to amaze me is JAB's attitude at Pressers.

When asked about Dayton, he gave the elegant: "I'm not here to talk about Dayton". Really Jim? Every coach talks about the opponent, every one. Are you Arrogant? Snippy?, Snooty?, Snotty?.

His attitude at pressers are uncalled for. He only gives good pressers when he wins. That is really the only thing about the program I don't like.

He is JB. If you're not familiar with him then that was as good an introduction as any. Can't ask that tiger to change his stripes. Personally, I love the cantankerous Boeheim.

He's the only reason Syracuse is on the map.

It's a small private school in central New York and has a national championship, multiple Final Fours, and is in contention almost every year for the last decade and a half.

Those that want him fired need to fall off a bridge.

He is JB. If you're not familiar with him then that was as good an introduction as any. Can't ask that tiger to change his stripes. Personally, I love the cantankerous Boeheim.

As a veteran presser viewer w/ popcorn in hand, I do believe the standard JB play there is an empty, cryptic "they're a very good team - I said that yesterday" with a glaring "that's a dumb question" look on his face and a shrug.

OP is right. The condescending chuckle as if to pretend that every coach doesn't in fact talk about their opponent is a bit much.

Personally, I don't want to hear him talk about Dayton. F Dayton. They played almost as horrible as we did, but hit more threes and scored two more points. It was an ugly game. I'll celebrate Dayton if they beat Fla.

I never understood asking the losing coach a question about the team that just beat them in a tough game. Coaches shouldn't have to blow each other's teams.

EDIT: I'd love to hear AAU coaches have to do presssers after their games and take the same questions. You would get A LOT of real life, straight up honest answers. It might put JB to shame. No coaches in those tournaments wants to talk about the team that just beat them. None.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't want to hear him talk about Dayton. F Dayton. They played almost as horrible as we did, but hit more threes and scored two more points. It was an ugly game. I'll celebrate Dayton if they beat Fla.

I never understood asking the losing coach a question about the team that just beat them in a tough game. Coaches shouldn't have to blow each other's teams.

I think JB has a lot more class than Pitino. That guy's a #^&*$^#*^#*@!!

Ok - lemme explain: I Love this team, and I too was disappointed we didn't win. I don't want a new coach, hell if we made 1 trey, we win, then maybe get hot next game, who knows? Great "D" no "O", but what continues to amaze me is JAB's attitude at Pressers.

When asked about Dayton, he gave the elegant: "I'm not here to talk about Dayton". Really Jim? Every coach talks about the opponent, every one. Are you Arrogant? Snippy?, Snooty?, Snotty?.

His attitude at pressers are uncalled for. He only gives good pressers when he wins. That is really the only thing about the program I don't like.

I think you may have missed his next sentence. He gave his respect just a little indirectly.

This isn't a knock on dayton, but this loss had nothing to do with them, they really aren't that good. I will be the first to admit when a team is better than us, but that just wasn't the case. We played a really poor game.

As a veteran presser viewer w/ popcorn in hand, I do believe the standard JB play there is an empty, cryptic "they're a very good team - I said that yesterday" with a glaring "that's a dumb question" look on his face and a shrug.

OP is right. The condescending chuckle as if to pretend that every coach doesn't in fact talk about their opponent is a bit much.
Actually he has been saying that about Dayton since Maui. There he commented that SU was lucky to get Baylor.

It's a small private school in central New York and has a national championship, multiple Final Fours, and is in contention almost every year for the last decade and a half.

A bit harsh? No one said anything about firing him. it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

A bit harsh? No one said anything about firing him. it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Thanks OP. It's like he didn't eve read the thread.

It's more of an overarching comment that's been thrown around this place since Saturday night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom