im sold. | Syracusefan.com

im sold.

I have been moving closer and closer to the cliff. After the first half I got pushed off. Shafer has to go and right now. I can't put myself through anymore games this anymore. And I was at every grob home game. This is worse.

I have been moving closer and closer to the cliff. After the first half I got pushed off. Shafer has to go and right now. I can't put myself through anymore games this anymore. And I was at every grob home game. This is worse.
It's worse because we have the talent to compete, but a coaching staff that holds them back.

ive been there...
It's worse because we have the talent to compete, but a coaching staff that holds them back.
thank you. doesn't matter if they are all nice guys.. nothing personal just business

I would just get it over with and fire Shafer right after the game. The season is over it will give us a head start in the coaching search.

Was a Shafer supporter for a long time. Reached a point where I didn't really care one way or another. I am now officially off. This season has been disgusting to watch. Almost every single player has regressed. How is that possible? Terrible coaching is how. Time to go.

My god he can't get out of his own way. Him pulling out the play book before the fake fg call was amazing. I have never seen a coach hand over a play call like that before. That was like the starting pitcher calling out what pitch is coming.

anomander said:
I would just get it over with and fire Shafer right after the game. The season is over it will give us a head start in the coaching search.

No, no, no. He doesn't get to skip the beat down we're going to receive from Clemson.

Just shows the depths Daryl Gross destroyed SU's AD.

That asshat cratered football and pissed away funds on non-revenue sports and asinine advertising 4 hours away from core supporters.

He didn't get SU into the ACC; SU was always an obvious fit when he was still cupping Pete Carrol's beanbag.

He's the only person I direct my anger toward. He was a 10 year nightmare from which football is still trying to wake.

Just shows the depths Daryl Gross destroyed SU's AD.

That asshat cratered football and pissed away funds on non-revenue sports and asinine advertising 4 hours away from core supporters.

He didn't get SU into the ACC; SU was always an obvious fit when he was still cupping Pete Carrol's beanbag.

He's the only person I direct my anger toward. He was a 10 year nightmare from which football is still trying to wake.

You are right SU was an obvious fit and Jake didn't get the job done.

You are right SU was an obvious fit and Jake didn't get the job done.

My guess is the short horizon of Chancellor Shaw also contributed to the lost opportunity.

I don't think Jake was as obstructionist as some would believe. While he may not have been wheeling & dealing behind closed doors he certainly saw the writing on the wall with the BE.

It was a confluence of absentee leadership and transition within SU that created the missed opportunity.

Edit - and that doesn't change how much of a catastrophic lost decade TGD gave SU Athletics.

My guess is the short horizon of Chancellor Shaw also contributed to the lost opportunity.

I don't think Jake was as obstructionist as some would believe. While he may not have been wheeling & dealing behind closed doors he certainly saw the writing on the wall with the BE.

Yup. He hitched his wagon to Miami. If they go I guess we have to go kind of attitude. He also thought Shalaya would have our back. Contrast that to BC that was aggressively wheeling and dealing to get in.

Yup. He hitched his wagon to Miami. If they go I guess we have to go kind of attitude. He also thought Shalaya would have our back. Contrast that to BC that was aggressively wheeling and dealing to get in.

I disagree that Jake didn't get the job done. Jake, for all his faults, presided over a golden era of SU Athletics never before seen.

Before Jake - no relevant hoops program, no lax titles and craptastic football. During his tenure, national powerhouse hoops, Top 25 football and multiple national lax titles.

Virginia politics is the only reason SU wasn't invited in Round 1.

I disagree that Jake didn't get the job done. Jake, for all his faults, presided over a golden era of SU Athletics never before seen.

Before Jake - no relevant hoops program, no lax titles and craptastic football. During his tenure, national powerhouse hoops, Top 25 football and multiple national lax titles.

Virginia politics is the only reason SU wasn't invited in Round 1.

I don't dispute he did more good than bad, but he also stood by while Buzz drained football's coffers.

I don't dispute he did more good than bad, but he also stood by while Buzz drained football's coffers.

For someone who believes Jake did more good than bad you're going out of the way to ding him for things he had little to no control over.

I don't see how Jake had control over his boss's decision not to reinvest in the FB program.

Daryl, like his boss TWO, spent like drunken sailors and still managed to make the FB program a national laughing stock.

How did my post chastising Daryl Gross turn into a referendum on Jake C's tenure?

There really is no comparison - one AD was successful while the other was not.

My god he can't get out of his own way. Him pulling out the play book before the fake fg call was amazing. I have never seen a coach hand over a play call like that before. That was like the starting pitcher calling out what pitch is coming.
i still have the game on my dvr and i'd like to see this but the other side of me is saying "just take his word for it and delete it already, loser"

Money cannot mask incompetence and it cannot sustain wishful thinking. You need a correct spot on vision and match the funds as a means to get there.

i still have the game on my dvr and i'd like to see this but the other side of me is saying "just take his word for it and delete it already, loser"
Millhouse after the third down play the camera pans the sidelines then you see shafer waiving around the white and yellow laminated play sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom