im still bitter about 2010 and 2012 | Syracusefan.com

im still bitter about 2010 and 2012

The ghost of Fab Melo (rest his soul) never should have sat. BTW has the university every really properly given this guy a send off after what happened to him? I don’t remember the University ever paying tribute to that team give how good they were. We would kill to have a team like that

Last edited:
The ghost of Fab Melo (rest his soul) never should have sat. BTW has the university every really properly given this guy a send off after what happened to him? I don’t remember the University ever paying tribute to that team give how good they were. We would kill to have a team like that
Fab melo plays that tournament we are in the championship game. That team was filthy, he was about to be a star. Feel so bad how it all played out.

My friends and family are sick of me beating this drum but it takes a lot of luck to get a team as good as those two.
I think there’s more than luck.

You need to have players and you need to have coaches.

We haven’t had very much of either category the last 6 years especially.

Hoping at the least we will have the players coming soon. Coaches are overrated in the end. Players win the games.

Thinking about it makes my teeth hurt.

Of course, they were hurting anyway - I've got one of those sinus infections in my jaw that feels like a toothache.

But thinking about 2010, 2012, 1987, etc. makes it hurt worse.

Top ten bitter disappointments in Cuse bball history poll?
Off the top of my head and surely missing some.

1. Keith Smart
2. Arinze’s knee
3. Citations on term papers
4. Taylor Coppenrath/TJ Sorrentine
4b. Morris Peterson/Mateen Cleaves
5. Officials not knowing a) the difference between a charge/block and b) what an over and back looks like on a sideline out of bounds play
6. Officials seeing a player calling a TO & granting it, knowing the team has none
7. Flying to Arizona to see stupid Alabama go off against us.
8. Three point plays from the knees that are disallowed
9. Bobby Cremins and his shenanigans
10. Buddy not playing with a team that would have allowed him to win more

The '91 loss to Richmond by a Billy Owens led team still gives me angst. I still keep hearing in my head, grab the rebound Billy, grab the rebound.

I'm bitter about 1989.
Me too! But that Illinois team was also loaded - Anderson, Battle, Gill, Liberty were all great. We only had Thompson, Coleman, Owens, Douglas, Roe, Johnson.;);) My god, how did we lose with all of those guys?

Me too! But that Illinois team was also loaded - Anderson, Battle, Gill, Liberty were all great. We only had Thompson, Coleman, Owens, Douglas, Roe, Johnson.;);) My god, how did we lose with all of those guys?
Our weakness was that if Roe was cold we had no other outside shooters. That team was insane from an athletic standpoint and definitely in my top 10 of bitterness moments with that Elite 8 loss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom